Page 809 of 865 FirstFirst ... 309709759799805806807808809810811812813819859 ... LastLast
Results 12,121 to 12,135 of 12974

Ah, well that is nice to know at least!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Latest:

Hey, how is the build quality of the Ex machina omnibus, it looks realy big.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    It's the same as the recent Infinite Crisis omnibus reprint if you have that. Basically the binding is extremely tight so it doesn't arch which can get some gutter loss, but as you start to read through it, it will loosen up a bit. Paper is light, and there is alot of glue holding the signatures together, so hey atleast it will last for along time! But yeah for a 1500 page omni the binding is super tight and is one of the more tight ones I own

And it is sewn really well, so with gentle handling the book should last long.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    I‘d just like to add that I‘m about 2/3 in and it is easier to read than the Invisibles Omnibus, which was much tighter. All in all I don‘t have any problems reading it and it is very well made.

I‘d just like to add that I‘m about 2/3 in and it is easier to read than the Invisibles Omnibus, which was much tighter. All in all I don‘t have any problems reading it and it is very well made.
    are you enjoying it? Planning to reread the series after I'm done with my Scalped reread (such a good book).
    Also, great haul! Have you read Quest for the time bird before?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    are you enjoying it? Planning to reread the series after I'm done with my Scalped reread (such a good book).
    Also, great haul! Have you read Quest for the time bird before?
    Thanks! Yeah, enjoying it immensely. Funny though that I have the first Deluxe but didn‘t remember any of it when I read the same stories in the Omni.

Quest for the Time Bird is great, particularly the artwork. Hadn‘t read it before.

Thanks! Yeah, enjoying it immensely. Funny though that I have the first Deluxe but didn‘t remember any of it when I read the same stories in the Omni.

Quest for the Time Bird is great, particularly the artwork. Hadn‘t read it before.
    I do love Loisel's art but I was disappointed in the story. Not sure why, it didn't really grab me over all and the ending felt a bit like the writer pretending that was his plan all along even tho he was just making it up on the fly (I often have this feeling with French books).

So I finished Ex Machina last night, and while this is actually old news, I‘ll try not to spoil anything for those who haven‘t read it yet.
    Overall, I was somewhat disappointed with the ending. For one, it felt very rushed, as if Vaughan had more to say but didn‘t want to take it further than #50. More problematic however was the sudden and complete change in character of at least two of the major players. These weren‘t the people we got to know over the previous 48-49 issues, imo. That to me was kind of the real meaning of ‚ex machina‘ here: an illogical change in character(s) to solve major plot points.

Still, I don‘t regret having read it over all as it was fun for the first 49 issues.

So I finished Ex Machina last night, and while this is actually old news, I‘ll try not to spoil anything for those who haven‘t read it yet.
    Overall, I was somewhat disappointed with the ending. For one, it felt very rushed, as if Vaughan had more to say but didn‘t want to take it further than #50. More problematic however was the sudden and complete change in character of at least two of the major players. These weren‘t the people we got to know over the previous 48-49 issues, imo. That to me was kind of the real meaning of ‚ex machina‘ here: an illogical change in character(s) to solve major plot points.

Still, I don‘t regret having read it over all as it was fun for the first 49 issues.
    It's been years since I read this but I do agree about the sudden change in character for some, although there were some hints from earlier issues. It did seem more sudden than it should, tho. That said, I didn't mind the ending although I do know from reading reviews after I finished it that readers were divided on it.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Also, I'm not sure that the current IDW is collecting all mini series? I might be wrong, but when I checked a while ago, the TMNT/Batman crossover was not included in the volume that it would have been if were it included.
    The IDW Complete Collections are including any IDW related TMNT mini-series with exception to the Batman ones(due to royalties etc). Those are collected separate.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The IDW Complete Collections are including any IDW related TMNT mini-series with exception to the Batman ones(due to royalties etc). Those are collected separate.
    Thanks!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    That's really lame of DC... One of The IDW Phase 1 Transformers OHC collections has TF & Avengers team up mini in it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    It's been years since I read this but I do agree about the sudden change in character for some, although there were some hints from earlier issues. It did seem more sudden than it should, tho. That said, I didn't mind the ending although I do know from reading reviews after I finished it that readers were divided on it.
    I still have to read my omnibus. Having read comics for half a century I am used to changes within runs, but usually because of a creative switch
    Is the ending as jarring as the Prisoner? I remember watching it for the first time and loving each episode and than the last episode just suddenly want
    crazy and silly and yet (in my mind) completes the show and make it one of the greatest shows in television history.

What are everyone's thoughts on Northlanders? I have the first deluxe tpb. I was looking at the others and it seems the collections are all over the place and not in order. Is this one continuous story or mixture of tales?

To me Brian Wood can be hit or miss, but I'm willing to give this a shot, having recently binged the Vikings show.