Page 813 of 865 FirstFirst ... 313713763803809810811812813814815816817823863 ... LastLast
Results 12,181 to 12,195 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Ah, okay cool. I'd never of guessed a deluxe book would be closer to absolute size, that would explain it.
    smaller publishers tend to do that I think. The Irredeemable premier hcs are taller than deluxes and the Sixth gun and R&M hcs are even taller than that, just a bit smaller than a LE or an absolute.
    But I would like to add that the R&M hcs are fairly quick reads so you might feel like you've spent £25 on an hour and a half of reading but they capture the tone of the show really well.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    If I wanted to read Garth Ennis' Dicks, would all three of the Avatar volumes collect everything, inc. Bigger Dicks and the Winter Specials etc? Having trouble consolidating volumes online.
    I want to know this too.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mac the man View Post
    I want to know this too.
    Bigger Dicks is just a reprint of the original miniseries with additional material. The 2012 comic series reprints Bigger Dicks, Dicks 2 and the two Dicks Specials so if you get the first two TPBs you have all of the older material:

http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=269981

http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=307493

Haven't read this one but I'm assuming that the OP's referring to the more recent Dicks: To the End of Time, Like as the third TPB:

http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=341372

Looks like you're all good!

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Not completely disagreeing with you since I also would like the first Thor, Hulk and Silver Surfer but Spiderman and Fantastic Four sell so they will keep releasing them. From what I've read, the Hulk was not a great seller. I assume you are talking about the 70's Uncanny X-Men since they have not re-released the original silver age X-Men.
    I don’t know if the first Hulk omni was a great seller or not but it must have been a decade or more ago now when Omnibuses were just starting out and were not as popular as they are not. Plus the Hulk is probably a lot more popular now due to the Avengers movies and there is a whole new generation of collectors out there now (as well as old ones that missed out the first time round) so having a new printing is definitely near the top of my wish list.

You are right about the X-Men. I should have said that it was the 70s Uncanny X-Men I was referring to that has been re-released several times. Apologies but talking of the original silver age X-Men omni, that would be another one that I would love to see get a new printing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    I don’t know if the first Hulk omni was a great seller or not but it must have been a decade or more ago now when Omnibuses were just starting out and were not as popular as they are not. Plus the Hulk is probably a lot more popular now due to the Avengers movies and there is a whole new generation of collectors out there now (as well as old ones that missed out the first time round) so having a new printing is definitely near the top of my wish list.

You are right about the X-Men. I should have said that it was the 70s Uncanny X-Men I was referring to that has been re-released several times. Apologies but talking of the original silver age X-Men omni, that would be another one that I would love to see get a new printing.
    It's time for them to give the Hulk another shot. I know a lot of people have wanted Hulk Vol 2. I hope they re-release vol 1 though first. I checked on Amazon and 2008 was the date of the omnibus so it has been a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm curious to know if they overproduced that TIH Omni volume 1.
    It's first months sells were as strong as many others.
    Is it possible they overproduced based on sales of say, ASM and/or FF thus causing this issue of "it didn't sell"?

I really want a TIH Omni vol.2, badly!
    You and me both but since I unfortunately missed out the first time round,with volume one, I would love a new printing of that as well. Have you seen the prices that the first printing of volume one, is priced online on sites like Amazon and eBay? Can’t be that unpopular with collectors today if they are priced and sold at those high prices. Hopefully we won’t have to wait until there’s a new Hulk movie before Marvel re-releases a new printing of volume 1. or a Hulk volume 2.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    It's time for them to give the Hulk another shot. I know a lot of people have wanted Hulk Vol 2. I hope they re-release vol 1 though first. I checked on Amazon and 2008 was the date of the omnibus so it has been a while.
    2008!wow, how time flies.Wasn’t that also around the time that the second Hulk movie was released?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    2008!wow, how time flies.Wasn’t that also around the time that the second Hulk movie was released?
    Same year. He has definitely become a much more popular character since that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    smaller publishers tend to do that I think. The Irredeemable premier hcs are taller than deluxes and the Sixth gun and R&M hcs are even taller than that, just a bit smaller than a LE or an absolute.
    But I would like to add that the R&M hcs are fairly quick reads so you might feel like you've spent £25 on an hour and a half of reading but they capture the tone of the show really well.
    Interesting....I was wondering if the Rick & Morty comics are worth reading or not. I love the TV series, so I might eventually get those hardcovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Interesting....I was wondering if the Rick & Morty comics are worth reading or not. I love the TV series, so I might eventually get those hardcovers.
    I found it very entertaining for the most part. I didn't really care for the shorter stories and the two one shots but the 2 longer main stories which take up most of the page count were just like episodes of the show.

Some stuff in my local HPB if anyone is interested lol

I am also interested in the R&M. I've never seen the series itself but people keep telling me too - is it worth watching it first for maximum appreciation?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I am also interested in the R&M. I've never seen the series itself but people keep telling me too - is it worth watching it first for maximum appreciation?

The show is worth watching, regardless, and it gets better as it goes on. One of the most intelligently written shows on television, be it live-action or animated.

On a side note, I sometimes wonder if the show's creators are on coke & LSD when they work on each episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    The show is worth watching, regardless, and it gets better as it goes on. One of the most intelligently written shows on television, be it live-action or animated.

On a side note, I sometimes wonder if the show's creators are on coke & LSD when they work on each episode.
    I wonder that about a lot of shows, to be honest.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”