Page 814 of 865 FirstFirst ... 314714764804810811812813814815816817818824864 ... LastLast
Results 12,196 to 12,210 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I am also interested in the R&M. I've never seen the series itself but people keep telling me too - is it worth watching it first for maximum appreciation?
    Yeah worth watching but maybe skip the first 2 episodes. Or just watch a random one and the go back to the start.
    The first 2 episodes didn't do anything for me so I didn't continue watching the series but then one day watched the pickle Rick ep and that made me go back and then I've binged the whole thing.
    Also I think you should definitely watch the show before reading the comics.

God damn it, like my list isn't long enough :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Didn't hear anything about a vol 3 but the fantastic voyage of lady rozenbilt is basically a volume 2.5. if you haven't read it yet I would definitely recommend it.
    Yes I have that - but I have this thing of trying not to finish the last item in a good series until the next one is at least announced (hate not having something new of something I like to go to if I need a fix). I think this is an extension/variation of my normal need to wait until everything is out in a series before starting it (I'm looking at you sixth gun and when is the last deluxe!!).

As others said my replacement BPRD hell on earth Vol 2 hardcover was also not shrink wrapped - thought the 1946-8 was and the plague of frogs but too long ago to be sure.

Incredible Member

Question about Conan comics:

The only exposure I've had is the Busiek and Wood runs, both of which I enjoyed. Now I'm looking at the original Marvel years under Thomas and BWS. However, a lot of the story arcs are titled the same (Frost Giant's Daughter, Tower of the Elephant, Rogues in the House, etc.). Whether or not they're all just adapting Howard stories, my question is: should I even bother with those original stories if I've already read them under the Dark Horse runs?

Related: what are must-read issues or arcs from the Marvel years? I'm assuming anything drawn by BWS?

Thanks much!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Anyone have a list of collected editions for September?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Any opinions on the AvPvPv whatever complete life and death that is coming out, I have the last one (still unopened) on my shelf, but I seem to recal it wasn’t well received, but I’m a sucker for alien and predator stuff, so considering another blind buy (which I don’t do very often now)

All-New Member

I purchased a out of print omnibus from ebay and i am ashamed to admit paid a bit to get it.

Unfortuantely when receiving it in the mail the spine is 'curved' inwards and there are i guess what you call creases or 'bubbles'. I tried stretching the time carefully multiple times but it looks like the damage has been done.

Is there anyway to some how fix these issues or reduce them, i am a bit heart broken

Also the top of the dust jecket seems a bit creased and messy, i hope if place a heavy object on this area it may straiten it out a bit

Extraordinary Member

So where do the Canadians here buy books?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewCollector View Post
    I purchased a out of print omnibus from ebay and i am ashamed to admit paid a bit to get it.

Unfortuantely when receiving it in the mail the spine is 'curved' inwards and there are i guess what you call creases or 'bubbles'. I tried stretching the time carefully multiple times but it looks like the damage has been done.

Is there anyway to some how fix these issues or reduce them, i am a bit heart broken

Also the top of the dust jecket seems a bit creased and messy, i hope if place a heavy object on this area it may straiten it out a bit
    Welcome to the boards. No reason to be ashamed about paying going rate if it was within your means, some here won't go over cover but there are those who will pay aftermarket when required. To your question about condition pictures are always helpful so it is known exactly what you are dealing with. When buying aftermarket books it is more likely than not going to have some small issues typically referred to as shelf wear just from having been read and handled since its release. Without pictures hard to tell if that is this issue or something worse.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewCollector View Post

If the seller wrote in the description of the auction that the book had issues, then you're stuck with it. If they didn't, I would contact the seller and tell them you want to return it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Amazon or Indigo. As far as I know there are no smaller retailers that sell for good prices like in the US. Costs almost twice as much to buy because... Canada.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    It’s about half Indigo and half IST. With IST, I can get orders to equal or better Indigo but it takes larger orders.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    It’s about half Indigo and half IST. With IST, I can get orders to equal or better Indigo but it takes larger orders.
    IST orders take about 2 months to arrive in my experience...as the lady said: ain’t nobody got time for that.

I did order mainly from amazon but I have switched to indigo as they seem to package their orders better. They are also cheaper if you sign up for irewards. Plus they have sales on graphic novels often (currently on Marvel, last week was Image).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Question about Conan comics:

The only exposure I've had is the Busiek and Wood runs, both of which I enjoyed. Now I'm looking at the original Marvel years under Thomas and BWS. However, a lot of the story arcs are titled the same (Frost Giant's Daughter, Tower of the Elephant, Rogues in the House, etc.). Whether or not they're all just adapting Howard stories, my question is: should I even bother with those original stories if I've already read them under the Dark Horse runs?

Related: what are must-read issues or arcs from the Marvel years? I'm assuming anything drawn by BWS?

Thanks much!
    Anyone? ... Bueller?

Spectacular Member

Amazon DE has now sent me two faulty versions of the BPRD Hell on Earth omni 2...! This is such a bad joke. They even had the never of asking me to send back the first book, so that they can send it back to someone else. These fuckers.

They're now sending a third copy, of course guaranteeing that the correct printing will now be sent... I'll believe it when I see it.