Page 816 of 865 FirstFirst ... 316716766806812813814815816817818819820826 ... LastLast
Results 12,226 to 12,240 of 12974

Ha, yeah. But luckily I still have enough space in my „library“. And I do have several books that are even bigger.

I'm moving into my flat in Glasgow soon and will be bringing my books over in a van. I have four small-medium bookcases. That isn't going to cut it :P My flat consists of; bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and library. My Mum asked where she will sleep if she has to stop over - of course, I replied 'In the library'.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I'm moving into my flat in Glasgow soon and will be bringing my books over in a van. I have four small-medium bookcases. That isn't going to cut it :P My flat consists of; bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and library. My Mum asked where she will sleep if she has to stop over - of course, I replied 'In the library'.
    All you have to do is stack your books like lego blocks to make a bed for her. And then put a sheet and blanket over the top. Problem solved!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Question about Conan comics:

The only exposure I've had is the Busiek and Wood runs, both of which I enjoyed. Now I'm looking at the original Marvel years under Thomas and BWS. However, a lot of the story arcs are titled the same (Frost Giant's Daughter, Tower of the Elephant, Rogues in the House, etc.). Whether or not they're all just adapting Howard stories, my question is: should I even bother with those original stories if I've already read them under the Dark Horse runs?

Related: what are must-read issues or arcs from the Marvel years? I'm assuming anything drawn by BWS?

Thanks much!
    I would also like to know the answer to this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    All you have to do is stack your books like lego blocks to make a bed for her. And then put a sheet and blanket over the top. Problem solved!
    That could damage my babies! :O
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    That could damage my babies! :O
    Lol!

10 char
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Gotta watch out for spine damage though (see what I did there )
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Gotta watch out for spine damage though (see what I did there )
    You do deserve a special place in hell for how awful that was. Feel free to pop round if you need milk.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Is anyone tempted by the Berserk Deluxe HC's announced?

I think they are ~700 pages and bigger trim. So they feel like the thing to break me into the series and manga in general tbh.
    I'm not tempted by it, I'm ecstatic about it. This and some great Conan books coming out in the next couple months, good times

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 11:46 AM.

After checking out Berserk reviews, I noticed the really nice Vinland Saga and Fullmetal Alchemist HC's. I feel like Manga can double your comic collection.
    And while you‘re at it, get Death Note, Uzumaki, Ghost in the Shell, Akira (of course), Message to Adolf, Showa (for a bit of variety) and everything by Tezuka.

I loved Deathnote! I keep getting tempted to watch the anime or film, but I'm too scared of them being awful

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Question about Conan comics:

The only exposure I've had is the Busiek and Wood runs, both of which I enjoyed. Now I'm looking at the original Marvel years under Thomas and BWS. However, a lot of the story arcs are titled the same (Frost Giant's Daughter, Tower of the Elephant, Rogues in the House, etc.). Whether or not they're all just adapting Howard stories, my question is: should I even bother with those original stories if I've already read them under the Dark Horse runs?

Related: what are must-read issues or arcs from the Marvel years? I'm assuming anything drawn by BWS?

Thanks much!
    The tone of the comics is so different, I wouldn't hesitate to get both the Marvel and Dark Horse versions of particular stories, especially if you are a Conan fan. You will know the general story but the details are changed.

In reality, don't you already know the general story for most Conan stories(he is down and out, he steals something important or must kill something important, complications arise until he finally stand triumphant!).

In terms of runs, my favorite Conan run is the Roy Thomas run(but I'm a big Thomas fan in general). For a different feel to Conan, consider the time he spends with Belit(a pirate queen that Thomas really grew into her own character). I think she was in Conan 58-100.

Enjoy!

After checking out Berserk reviews, I noticed the really nice Vinland Saga and Fullmetal Alchemist HC's. I feel like Manga can double your comic collection.
    Double? More like triple or quadruple haha