Page 818 of 865 FirstFirst ... 318718768808814815816817818819820821822828 ... LastLast
Results 12,256 to 12,270 of 12974

Thanks guys

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    The BWS conan comics are
    Of
    Course worth checking out, esp. if the original coloring is intact.

I just wish someone would limit the omnis to 800-1000 pages and 75 bucks. Ive got about 15 now and really dont like paying 125 or 150 for 1300 pages.

Even discounted, they are just too unwieldy to read and store. We’re getting diminishing value here people.
    Totally agree. I'll never understand and I'll never buy Omnibus releases with 1200, 1300 or 1500 pages. They may look great on your shelf, but they are a pain to handle and to read and due to DC's crappy binding they'll simply fall apart sooner or later - which is totally inadequate for a $100+ item.

Why not simply split such releases into two or three separate HC's with at most 500 pages each, housed in a nice slipcase? Production costs should be nearly identical, but you'll get a much better product this way!

Can anyone do me a favor and look at their Clone Saga Omnibus Volume 2 books binding? I just finished reading Volume 1 and wanted to jump into Volume 2 now but i noticed that unlike Volume 1, Volume 2 doesn't stay open completely flat and closes shut for the first 50 pages and it doesn't create a eyehole at the spine. I know this is still sewn binding since i can see the sewing but somehow this one acts like it's glued binding so now i would like to know if that's just because i got a faulty copy or if they are all like that.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    Totally agree. I'll never understand and I'll never buy Omnibus releases with 1200, 1300 or 1500 pages. They may look great on your shelf, but they are a pain to handle and to read and due to DC's crappy binding they'll simply fall apart sooner or later - which is totally inadequate for a $100+ item.

Why not simply split such releases into two or three separate HC's with at most 500 pages each, housed in a nice slipcase? Production costs should be nearly identical, but you'll get a much better product this way!
    I love DC's new Deluxe Editions. Not too skinny and not too fat or heavy.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Is IST or ToW going to get that Akira set? Hate to use Amazon if I don't have to. I've put off getting those books for too many years - either getting the anniversary set or the separate trades soon.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I just read Green Lantern Earth One. They don't need to look to far if they want to make a series or movie about G.L. Easily my favorite GL story in ages.

On the other hand, after the last attempt, I'm happy for everybody to leave GL well alone. I like GL :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I had a problem with my McFarlane Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus.
    At the end of the book there is a cover gallery by McFarlane that are printed on black pages.
    a few of the pages were not completely trimmed at the top and I had to use a knife to
    split them apart. I also found the regular white pages to be constantly clinging as I flipped pages.

Marvel is really having some small and big problems with the people they are contracting to make
    these trades and omnibuses. I would hope they take this serious and move quickly to fix it
    before they lose too many customers because of trust issues.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    At the end of the book there is a cover gallery by McFarlane that are printed on black pages.
    a few of the pages were not completely trimmed at the top and I had to use a knife to
    split them apart. I also found the regular white pages to be constantly clinging as I flipped pages.

Marvel is really having some small and big problems with the people they are contracting to make
    these trades and omnibuses. I would hope they take this serious and move quickly to fix it
    I think if the super-thin paper and higher prices haven’t stopped many from buying, it’ll take a lot more to get Marvel omni fans to not buy an omni of material they like.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post

That is frustrating.

Incredible Member

Is there a version of Stardust that's fully illustrated by Charles Vess, or only the prose version with spot illustrations?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The Colossal Conan Omni by Dark Horse is delayed?
    I see it on Diamond's page of releases for the week but not on IST.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Oh for f**** sake! I had waited for the latest sales update from Cheap-comics.com a few weeks ago to see if they got the Johns GL Omnis in there. They didn‘t, so I bought them from other retailers for around 70€ each. And of course what happens today? CC.com just added a few more books to their current sales, among which are all three omnis for 60€ each.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Oh for f**** sake! I had waited for the latest sales update from Cheap-comics.com a few weeks ago to see if they got the Johns GL Omnis in there. They didn‘t, so I bought them from other retailers for around 70€ each. And of course what happens today? CC.com just added a few more books to their current sales, among which are all three omnis for 60€ each.
    That Sir, is called 'Sod's Law', and I hate it.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The Colossal Conan Omni by Dark Horse is delayed?
    I see it on Diamond's page of releases for the week but not on IST.
    I think only by a week. Amazon has it listed for October 30th, so shops should get it on the 23rd.