Page 819 of 865 FirstFirst ... 319719769809815816817818819820821822823829 ... LastLast
Results 12,271 to 12,285 of 12974
    Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Seriously you should read this. It is so good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    On the other hand, after the last attempt, I'm happy for everybody to leave GL well alone. I like GL :P

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Is there a version of Stardust that's fully illustrated by Charles Vess, or only the prose version with spot illustrations?
    Anyone?

I saw the Charles Vess Book of Ballads and Sagas, and that reminded me of Stardust. Is this Ballads book worth buying??

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Oh for f**** sake! I had waited for the latest sales update from Cheap-comics.com a few weeks ago to see if they got the Johns GL Omnis in there. They didn‘t, so I bought them from other retailers for around 70€ each. And of course what happens today? CC.com just added a few more books to their current sales, among which are all three omnis for 60€ each.
    How is the binding on those 3 Omnis? I read Rebirth and Sinestro Corps War recently and they were both amazing. I need this whole run but the trade route is so complicated so i think about getting the Omnis.

I had heard a while back that there were issues, but mine are absolutely fine. I took the time to smooth the binding before I read them though.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Spider View Post
    How is the binding on those 3 Omnis? I read Rebirth and Sinestro Corps War recently and they were both amazing. I need this whole run but the trade route is so complicated so i think about getting the Omnis.
    Binding is great. Still not quite as good as the Marvel‘s omnis, but getting there (and a far cry from the initial DC omnibus mousetrap bindings). Plus: much, much better paper.

If you don't want the huge omnis, I'm pretty sure they just started the fat paperbacks "complete collection" type books. I think Book One just came out or is about to. Not sure how many total books it will take or how long before it's all available.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I had heard a while back that there were issues, but mine are absolutely fine. I took the time to smooth the binding before I read them though.
    Do you mean the spine stretching by slowly letting pages on the left side and right side down? I think Marvel has got the Omnibus format down at this point but DC Omnibusses seem to be complete hit or miss. If the binding sucks for a Omnibus i rather not get it.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    If you don't want the huge omnis, I'm pretty sure they just started the fat paperbacks "complete collection" type books. I think Book One just came out or is about to. Not sure how many total books it will take or how long before it's all available.
    I found the first one on amazon and it comes out in march and only has 400 pages. The Omnis have combined 3500 pages which means it will be either 8 or 9 books. It will take forever for all of them to come out so i think the Omnis are my best option right now. If the rest of the run is anywhere near as good as Rebirth and Sinestro Corps War then it's worth it.

Do you mean the spine stretching by slowly letting pages on the left side and right side down? I think Marvel has got the Omnibus format down at this point but DC Omnibusses seem to be complete hit or miss. If the binding sucks for a Omnibus i rather not get it.
    I'm not really sure what the issue was to be honest - mine has been fine
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 11:44 AM.

I would reinforce your interest in Akira, Deathnote and JoJo. Regarding the others, never read any of them^^

Akira‘s a must. Death Note is great, but drags on a bit. Have you thought about „Message to Adolf“ by Tezuka? High stakes political thriller set in World War II Japan. In general I can recommend Tezuka‘s work, particularly his more mature titles like MW, Ode to Kirihito, or Ayako, even though they can be a bit disturbing at times.

Uzumaki by Ito is an excellent horror title I can recommend as well.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 11:44 AM.

I found the first one on amazon and it comes out in march and only has 400 pages. The Omnis have combined 3500 pages which means it will be either 8 or 9 books. It will take forever for all of them to come out so i think the Omnis are my best option right now. If the rest of the run is anywhere near as good as Rebirth and Sinestro Corps War then it's worth it.
    The omnis are pretty cheap right now, I just picked up volume 1 for £40. Don't think I'll bother with the other two though, I remember Blackest Night being a bit dull, and the rainbow lantern stuff being even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I bought a couple Death Note volumes, as people said it's a good gateway and Akira has to happen, because the box set is so nice. JoJo just looks absolutely mad.

I looked up the Message to Adolf but I think it's oop? I'm definitely interested in a good horror and Ito looks like he has 3 nice HC collections. Is Uzumaki the best?
    Oh balls. Didn‘t know it was OOP. I‘ve only read Uzumaki by Ito, based on the great reviews and some recommendations, so I can‘t say anything about the other books. But Uzumaki is definitely worth a try.