Page 827 of 865 FirstFirst ... 327727777817823824825826827828829830831837 ... LastLast
Results 12,391 to 12,405 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Vol. 7, the final collection, came out last year.
    Oh nice, I'm glad they continued.

Can anyone tell me more about Bendis' Crime noir omnibus? I'm not sure if I should buy it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Can anyone tell me more about Bendis' Crime noir omnibus? I'm not sure if I should buy it or not.
    I've been thinking about this too, so please!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Mighty Member

I've read most of the material except Fire and it ranges from good (Jinx, Goldfish) to great (Torso) imo. The first two are loosely connected street-level crime dramas, and Torso is a historical fiction piece based around a suspected serial murder investigation

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I've read most of the material except Fire and it ranges from good (Jinx, Goldfish) to great (Torso) imo. The first two are loosely connected street-level crime dramas, and Torso is a historical fiction piece based around a suspected serial murder investigation
    Ok. So you would say buy it?

Do you also have any thoughts about Satellite Sam?

Ok. So you would say buy it?

Do you also have any thoughts about Satellite Sam?
    Oh I have pinions about Satellite Sam!
    Also I've read Jinx which was entertaining but the art kinda sucked at points. Haven't read the other Bendis crime stuff so I can't say if I recommend the omnibus or not.
    As for SS: I am a fan of Fraction, whatever he did so far I ate it up. After the hype died down halfway through his Hawkeye people really started to dislike his books for some reason but I enjoyed every hipster crap he did (loved Sex Criminals). The main problem with Satellite sam is Chaykin's art. But if you can put up with it it's an entertaining drama set in the world of 50s (60s? can't remember) television.
    So if you like Fraction's writing and don't mind Chaykin on art I would say go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Oh I have pinions about Satellite Sam!
    Also I've read Jinx which was entertaining but the art kinda sucked at points. Haven't read the other Bendis crime stuff so I can't say if I recommend the omnibus or not.
    As for SS: I am a fan of Fraction, whatever he did so far I ate it up. After the hype died down halfway through his Hawkeye people really started to dislike his books for some reason but I enjoyed every hipster crap he did (loved Sex Criminals). The main problem with Satellite sam is Chaykin's art. But if you can put up with it it's an entertaining drama set in the world of 50s (60s? can't remember) television.
    So if you like Fraction's writing and don't mind Chaykin on art I would say go for it.
    The art of Chaykin is what's keeping me from buying it. That's the same with Bendis. I'm not sure if I like it?

Fraction's Hawkeye wasn't my cup of tea. Didn't finish it. Sold the omnibus. That's why I haven't tried something else from him. But you say I could better go for Sex Criminals?

The art of Chaykin is what's keeping me from buying it. That's the same with Bendis. I'm not sure if I like it?

Fraction's Hawkeye wasn't my cup of tea. Didn't finish it. Sold the omnibus. That's why I haven't tried something else from him. But you say I could better go for Sex Criminals?
    yeah Sex Criminals might be a better choice. If you don't mind sexual humour...like a lot of of it.

Spectacular Member

The art of Chaykin
    The hands! The feet! Ho the humanity!

EDIT: to try and be helpful: I did actually like the book and the dust-jacket is the only one I actually like out of my whole collection.

Mighty Member

Yeah the art in both are not the selling points. I think bendis actually drew some of those stories if I'm not mistaken. I'd still recommend both, as the stories were compelling. You could always track down the little digest-sized hcs of the Bendis books for a fraction of the price if you were on the fence

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Yeah the art in both are not the selling points. I think bendis actually drew some of those stories if I'm not mistaken. I'd still recommend both, as the stories were compelling. You could always track down the little digest-sized hcs of the Bendis books for a fraction of the price if you were on the fence
    Bendis wrote and drew them all. In different styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    The hands! The feet! Ho the humanity!

EDIT: to try and be helpful: I did actually like the book and the dust-jacket is the only one I actually like out of my whole collection.
    I like the dust-jacket too. Hmmm.

I like the dust-jacket too. Hmmm.
    I like the dj too but it's very fragile because of the see through material it's made of.

I like the dj too but it's very fragile because of the see through material it's made of.
    Have you maybe read Wasteland (Apocalyptic editions)? That's something I'm also looking into.

yeah Sex Criminals might be a better choice. If you don't mind sexual humour...like a lot of of it.
    Oh, I don't mind