Page 839 of 865 FirstFirst ... 339739789829835836837838839840841842843849 ... LastLast
Results 12,571 to 12,585 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    Lastnight at one of my local Chapters/Indigo I came across a new, unwrapped copy of Big Damn Sin City on their shelf. That hasn't been on their shelf the last 20 times I've been there.....so I wonder where it's been all this time.
    It got reprinted recently so I guess it came straight from a fresh shipment.

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    It got reprinted recently so I guess it came straight from a fresh shipment.
    Ahhh.....that explains that.

Damn, I bought the soft cover editions (white covers) this summer. Oh well, that's fine. It was an easy read... I don't think the Big Damn Book is that convenient.
    Last edited by Morsoth; 12-05-2019 at 10:13 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    No they are more like absolutes. About 12 issues per book for 50 bucks.

I would love a OHC at 16-2O issues each.
    But they are still a deluxe oversized hardcover. If you're comparing to DC's format, they released Promethea in OHC recently, $49.99 for 12 issues. On that basis, the Library Editions are a good deal.

Extraordinary Member

Just got the Marvel select HC edition of F.F "Behold Galactus". With runs by Kirby,Buscema and Byrne beautiful book.

Incredible Member

Hey folks, has there been any scuttlebutt about potential omnibus editions (not deluxe) of the following series?

DMZ
    The Unwritten
    Wicked + Divine
    Paper Girls
    Deadly Class
    Black Science
    and of course the perennial favorite: Aaron's Thor

I'm trying to decide if I should just buy the regular tpbs or hold out a year or so.

Please and thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Hey folks, has there been any scuttlebutt about potential omnibus editions (not deluxe) of the following series?

DMZ
    The Unwritten
    Wicked + Divine
    Paper Girls
    Deadly Class
    Black Science

I'm trying to decide if I should just buy the regular tpbs or hold out a year or so.

Please and thank you!
    DMZ: I swear there was something about this lately? maybe just a movie/tv series announcement? It had as line of deluxes but you'll need to track down at least the first one.
    Wicked +Divine: the next deluxe gonna finish the series also Image doesn't really do omnibuses. And I don't think you'll want thicker hardcovers than the deluxes, they are already pretty thick.
    Paper girls: same as above but the deluxes are thinner
    Deadly class/Black Science: same again except the deluxes are a larger format than a deluxe edition so they are actually a superior option to an omnibus

Aaron Thor: I could swear this was announced, but if not, tracking down the ohcs would make more sense to me. It's just easier to read them than a chunky omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post

DMZ
    The Unwritten
    Wicked + Divine
    Paper Girls
    Deadly Class
    Black Science

Please and thank you!
    I don't see a lot of omnibus from Image.

Deadly Class and Black Science have deluxe in their title but they are bigger than an omnibus.

Marvel will release an Arron's Thor omnibus. It's only a matter of time.

Incredible Member

Thanks balakin and fabiano

Deluxe editions, it is.

Theres nothing official, but Aaron has stated a few times across social media that he wants to have his Thor run put out in omnibus format. Its been a good seller and critical hit for Marvel so i'd be surprised if it doesnt happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    DMZ: I swear there was something about this lately? maybe just a movie/tv series announcement? It had as line of deluxes but you'll need to track down at least the first one.
    DC are re-releasing it as a really, really fat trade:

DMZ COMPENDIUM VOL. 1 TP

written by BRIAN WOOD
    art by RICCARDO BURCHIELLI, BRIAN WOOD, KRISTIAN DONALDSON, NATHAN FOX, and DANIJEL ŽEŽELJ
    cover by BRIAN WOOD

Welcome to the second Civil War. Manhattan is now a demilitarized zone, separating the United States of America and the Free States of America. Five years into the war, journalist Matty Roth arrives in Manhattan as an intern photographer—and soon becomes the only source of news from the DMZ. DMZ Compendium Vol. 1 collects DMZ #1-36.

ON SALE 03.25.20
    $59.99 US | 840 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-77950-435-7
    DC BLACK LABEL

https://www.newsarama.com/47882-dc-c...citations.html

It's looking like the Black Science Premiere Volume 2 is out of print as I'm struggling to find one anywhere for a decent price. Does anyone know if Image are likely to reprint it? I'm hoping they might do a reprint around the time of volume 3 coming out, but that would've been solicited wouldn't it?
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

All-New Member

got an easy question for you guys.

What does "Prem HC" mean on sites like IST and ToW? does that designate oversized hardcovers maybe (doesn't seem to, tho?)?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skrewler View Post
    got an easy question for you guys.

What does "Prem HC" mean on sites like IST and ToW? does that designate oversized hardcovers maybe (doesn't seem to, tho?)?
    If it's a Marvel book it most probably refers to the Premiere Hardbacks which are standard sized, not oversized.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    It's looking like the Black Science Premiere Volume 2 is out of print as I'm struggling to find one anywhere for a decent price. Does anyone know if Image are likely to reprint it? I'm hoping they might do a reprint around the time of volume 3 coming out, but that would've been solicited wouldn't it?
    It's as if Rick Remender read my post. He's tweeted this...

Just sent BLACK SCIENCE vol. 1 and 2 oversized hardcovers back to print and vol. 3 goes out shortly. It's the best format to view the scientific skills of @ScaleraMatteo Dinisio/White and something all good hearted people should own.

Result!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"