Page 84 of 865 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184584 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Radjack View Post
    Bought this one today, "Water Snake" by Tony Sandoval. Unfortunately, I believe this one isn't translated to English.
    The book has some gorgeous art though, I'll be looking forward to read it!

Here's some pics (I also bought that Batman tin today):

Attachment 4838

Attachment 4839

Attachment 4840
    That book looks stunning!! We may get a translation through Magnetic Press, who will also bring us Tony Sandoval's Doomboy. Fingers crossed.

That's great news since Doomboy isn't translated to Portuguese! I'll definitely picked that up! The only advantage of living in Europe while collecting comics is that we get stuff from the US, EU and JP easily (as long as you know how to read more than one language).
    Since I can read pretty decently in English, Portuguese and Spanish (and to some extent French) I really can take advantage of the easily accessible European comics!

On the other hand prices suck big time!

Nice! It's been a while since I used ebay, but that was definitely worth it. Just got three Humamoids HCs (Armies, Crusades and Jihad) for €28 plus shipping.

P.S.: Hey, Martin! You alright or did you have a nervous breakdown?

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Nice! It's been a while since I used ebay, but that was definitely worth it. Just got three Humamoids HCs (Armies, Crusades and Jihad) for €28 plus shipping.

P.S.: Hey, Martin! You alright or did you have a nervous breakdown?
    Wow what a deal. I think I paid that just for Armies.

And yes, almost a heart attack even! TG for those extra minutes.

Bought this one today! I've read it before, but I always wanted to own this edition! It's really sturdy and quite beautiful.
    The Arctic Marauder by Jacques Tardi.

(Photos taken from the Fantagraphics Tumblr)

5389602614_8062cd1d16_z.jpg

5388994117_55f7cb0ac6_z.jpg

5388995467_4442c755bb_z.jpg

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Hi, what's the book under Fatima (and left to Richard Corben)? Thanks

My Bookworld Witzend order turned up today. Nice. I honestly don't know how Fanta can possibly justify the Zap price compared to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Hi, what's the book under Fatima (and left to Richard Corben)? Thanks
    Looks like a special hardcover edition of Henk Kuijpers' series Franka. Franka is a quite popular Dutch comic book character, but I don't think it's available in English.

Hey, guys, can anyone with experience with Amazon.de tell me how their packaging is? I'm debating whether to keep my Big Damn Sin City preorder from them at €55.27 or the one with Amazon.com at about €48. With Amazon US's packaging being a crap shoot, would you say those few extra Euros are worth it just to avoid receiving the usual crushed corners?

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Hey, guys, can anyone with experience with Amazon.de tell me how their packaging is? I'm debating whether to keep my Big Damn Sin City preorder from them at €55.27 or the one with Amazon.com at about €48. With Amazon US's packaging being a crap shoot, would you say those few extra Euros are worth it just to avoid receiving the usual crushed corners?
    It's fine usually, but you never know with amazon.

Incredible Member

Bought this one today! I've read it before, but I always wanted to own this edition! It's really sturdy and quite beautiful.
    The Arctic Marauder by Jacques Tardi.
    My LCS has that. Every time I go there, I pick this book up, walk around with it, then put it back on the shelf. Maybe one day.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    It's fine usually, but you never know with amazon.
    Thanks, Martin. I think I'll go with BD after all. I have a 10% off voucher and it'll be even cheaper, but I hate their refunds policy is not on par with Amazon's.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Looks like a special hardcover edition of Henk Kuijpers' series Franka. Franka is a quite popular Dutch comic book character, but I don't think it's available in English.
    That's correct, it's the signed deluxe of the most recent album. AFAIK Franka has only ever been translated in French and German, never in English.

Got some packages today, 100% second hand Moebius books. I can finally cross the bottom three books from my wishlist

Last edited by aaltomuoto; 06-30-2014 at 04:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Bought this one today, "Water Snake" by Tony Sandoval. Unfortunately, I believe this one isn't translated to English.
    The book has some gorgeous art though, I'll be looking forward to read it!
    Tony Sandoval was recently in Warsaw promoting and signing copies of the Polish translation of "Water Snake". There was quite a queue of people but he wasn't hurrying anyone but managed to chat and do an illustration for anyone who wanted one.

He also contributed to a Comics anthology book which was also being promoted called "Praga Gada" (Praga is talking) about the inhabitants of the "Praga" area of Warsaw during WW II and their experiences of the Nazi and Soviet aggression.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    It's horrible... they basically just throw it in a box that's too big and fill it up with some paper...
    Corners will be dent most likely.