Page 85 of 865 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185585 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 12974
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Sandman
    For Sandman there's the 2 omnibuses, but there's also 4 Absolutes if you prefer that format. Then there's a 5th absolute edition that contains extra stories, and also absolute Death. Death is also in a deluxe edition....

LoEG
    As for LoEG. There's also an omnibus, but that's glued. It contains the stories that are in the 2 absolute editions. The first absolute is very hard to find (decently priced) though. The second one is easier to find. Then there's also an absolute black dossier.

All of the above are through DC/ABC comics.

After Black Dossier LoEG is continued by Top Shelf Comics. LoEG: Century was published in three softcover editions, but will be collected in one hardcover soon. After that you can read Nemo: Heart of Ice, and Nemo: The Roses of Berlin. Both hardcovers.
    A word of warning on the Absolute Black Dossier though: apparently it was terribly put together, and is actually worse quality than the regular HC. The only benefit is the oversized art, but oversized art that's been printed horribly (apparently there are no solid blacks - just shades of purple) and without all the different paper stocks used in the regular HC.

All I remember is that the lettering looked pretty poor (almost like it had been upscaled from a lower resolution), it definitely had solid blacks and I think it also had the different paper stocks. I'll check when I'm back home tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Wollodrin View Post
    It's horrible... they basically just throw it in a box that's too big and fill it up with some paper...
    Corners will be dent most likely.
    I see. Not much different than Amazon.com —just today I received a a box from them with Inhumanity and W&TXM Omnibus tossed in there with nothing else but a deflated air cushion on one side. It's a miracle they arrived OK - this time.

Good thing I went with BD for Sin City, then, though it bugs me there didn't seem to be the option to use any vouchers now. Has that changed lately, or is it just me? (You see, I used one the last two times I bought there, so maybe some automated system denying me the option kicked in?)

Anyway, without the voucher it ended up being 3 € more expensive than Amazon.com. I hope it pays off.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Tony Sandoval was recently in Warsaw promoting and signing copies of the Polish translation of "Water Snake". There was quite a queue of people but he wasn't hurrying anyone but managed to chat and do an illustration for anyone who wanted one.

He also contributed to a Comics anthology book which was also being promoted called "Praga Gada" (Praga is talking) about the inhabitants of the "Praga" area of Warsaw during WW II and their experiences of the Nazi and Soviet aggression.
    That looks great! He was here in Portugal a few months ago promoting Water Snakes, but I didn't get a chance to talk to him or get a sketch! Maybe next time... I heard he's a great guy though.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Radjack View Post
    That looks great! He was here in Portugal a few months ago promoting Water Snakes, but I didn't get a chance to talk to him or get a sketch! Maybe next time... I heard he's a great guy though.
    Yeah, he definitely seems to be a laid back friendly type of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    I see. Not much different than Amazon.com —just today I received a a box from them with Inhumanity and W&TXM Omnibus tossed in there with nothing else but a deflated air cushion on one side. It's a miracle they arrived OK - this time.

Good thing I went with BD for Sin City, then, though it bugs me there didn't seem to be the option to use any vouchers now. Has that changed lately, or is it just me? (You see, I used one the last two times I bought there, so maybe some automated system denying me the option kicked in?)

Anyway, without the voucher it ended up being 3 € more expensive than Amazon.com. I hope it pays off.
    I just used a 10% coupon last week and another one 2 weeks before and I think I used a 3rd one within a month or 1,5 month. Sometimes you have to activate it by clicking a button in the email (sorry if I'm stating the obvious).

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post

If I'm not wrong, Colossal Conan arrived with a special box from Dark Horse (like absolutes) . So it's likely Sin city will also come with that special box from Dark Horse + thin box from Amazon.

That's what I hope .... I'm also from Barcelona so it will be a very long travel.

Quote Originally Posted by ru1880 View Post
    If I'm not wrong, Colossal Conan arrived with a special box from Dark Horse (like absolutes) . So it's likely Sin city will also come with that special box from Dark Horse + thin box from Amazon.

That's what I hope .... I'm also from Barcelona so it will be a very long travel.
    The picture IST has up on their site is of a box instead of the cover so I imagine that's the case (they do the same for Artist Editions that they sell). Mine should be here in a couple of days so if I remember I'll say something about it.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I just used a 10% coupon last week and another one 2 weeks before and I think I used a 3rd one within a month or 1,5 month. Sometimes you have to activate it by clicking a button in the email (sorry if I'm stating the obvious).
    Thanks, Balakin, you are stating the obvious. The thing is, sometimes I miss the obvious. Yeah, I completely forgot about that, silly me. Oh, well, lesson learned.

Did it come in its own box? I don't remember, but then mine arrived safely and I did buy it from Amazon, too, so I guess you must be right.

Dunno if this was discussed before, but does anyone know if that Manhattan Projects vol. 1 HC be oversized or not?

Dunno if this was discussed before, but does anyone know if that Manhattan Projects vol. 1 HC be oversized or not?
    I just assumed it would be but now I'm worried it won't. Image's $35 HCs are all over-sized I believe so I'm guessing it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I just assumed it would be but now I'm worried it won't. Image's $35 HCs are all over-sized I believe so I'm guessing it is.
    I also expected it to be. But most if not all but WD are advertised as deluxe/omnivore or whatever editions. Peter Panzerfaust even is $40 (with 10 issues content) so I wasn't sure anymore with that 35$ price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    The picture IST has up on their site is of a box instead of the cover so I imagine that's the case (they do the same for Artist Editions that they sell). Mine should be here in a couple of days so if I remember I'll say something about it.

My Sin City arrived from IST on Saturday and it did indeed come in its own individual box. I actually meant to take a picture - it's the same as the one on their website - before I opened it and posted other pics here but I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    My Sin City arrived from IST on Saturday and it did indeed come in its own individual box. I actually meant to take a picture - it's the same as the one on their website - before I opened it and posted other pics here but I forgot.
    Seems like amazon unwraps it then... morons. Luckily my copy arrived in perfect condition from amazon.de last week.

Seems like amazon unwraps it then... morons. Luckily my copy arrived in perfect condition from amazon.de last week.
    LOL. Amazon probably considered the Sin City box a form of protective packing material, so they made sure they removed it before mailing.