Page 850 of 865 FirstFirst ... 350750800840846847848849850851852853854860 ... LastLast
Results 12,736 to 12,750 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    Does anyone know if Berserk Deluxe volume 5 is coming out this Tuesday or is it being pushed back?

My preorder says July 15th.

Spectacular Member

Anybody planning on getting Hellsing Deluxe edition? Looks pretty sweet and I really like my Berserk Deluxe Editions. Also heard great things about it so I will probably give it a shot.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    Anybody planning on getting Hellsing Deluxe edition? Looks pretty sweet and I really like my Berserk Deluxe Editions. Also heard great things about it so I will probably give it a shot.
    I’m with you on that one. I didn’t even know about Hellsing until I saw one of Near Mint Condition’s videos on upcoming releases. I looked it up and it seems interesting enough to warrant a purchase. I will take a chance on it as well. On another note, I finished Berserk Deluxe Edition Volume 1 last night. It picked up towards the end but I can see why many think it was probably Moira’s weakest effort. If the weakest part of Berserk is good, I can only imagine how epic it will get in the upcoming volumes. Also discovered Goodnight Punpun. Seems very interesting as well.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    I’m with you on that one. I didn’t even know about Hellsing until I saw one of Near Mint Condition’s videos on upcoming releases. I looked it up and it seems interesting enough to warrant a purchase. I will take a chance on it as well. On another note, I finished Berserk Deluxe Edition Volume 1 last night. It picked up towards the end but I can see why many think it was probably Moira’s weakest effort. If the weakest part of Berserk is good, I can only imagine how epic it will get in the upcoming volumes. Also discovered Goodnight Punpun. Seems very interesting as well.
    Right now I am on volume 4 of the Death Note black editions and about to start volume 4 of Berserk Deluxe just bought Berserk 5 today from IST. Also got Vinland Saga 1 and I am a hero 1 to get above 50$ for free shipping.

The first part of Berserk is definitely hard to get through. I am not a fan of the dynamic between Guts and the twinkish pixie.

Question for my Love and Rockets people. On the Fantagraphics website, https://www.fantagraphics.com/howtor...?sef_rewrite=1 they list 14 books under the "Love and Rockets Library." Volume 14, Three Sisters, came out in 2018. Does that collect *everything* in the series, or just the first two volumes/series of single issues? Or would I need to go on to the third series New Stories and into the fourth series, IV?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Question for my Love and Rockets people. On the Fantagraphics website, https://www.fantagraphics.com/howtor...?sef_rewrite=1 they list 14 books under the "Love and Rockets Library." Volume 14, Three Sisters, came out in 2018. Does that collect *everything* in the series, or just the first two volumes/series of single issues? Or would I need to go on to the third series New Stories and into the fourth series, IV?

Thanks!
    I believe the two newest library collections (Angels & Magpies, 3 Sisters) contain the remaining tales that hadn’t been in the library collections from New Stories, as well as Jaime’s Maggie story from the New York Times. The current series hasn’t all been collected in library editions yet as it is still ongoing, so you’d need to get those issues if you want to be completely up-to-date, or just wait for the eventual collection of those stories into library collections; though the first Maggie storyline from the current series has been collected as Is This How You See Me?, it’s not a library collection and since you’d have to buy all current issues of the 4th series to have everything, there wouldn’t be anything in that hardcover that isn’t in the floppies as far as I know.

There was also the standalone book Tonta; I’m don’t think that this has been collected into the library collections yet either, but am not 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    I believe the two newest library collections (Angels & Magpies, 3 Sisters) contain the remaining tales that hadn’t been in the library collections from New Stories, as well as Jaime’s Maggie story from the New York Times. The current series hasn’t all been collected in library editions yet as it is still ongoing, so you’d need to get those issues if you want to be completely up-to-date, or just wait for the eventual collection of those stories into library collections; though the first Maggie storyline from the current series has been collected as Is This How You See Me?, it’s not a library collection and since you’d have to buy all current issues of the 4th series to have everything, there wouldn’t be anything in that hardcover that isn’t in the floppies as far as I know.

There was also the standalone book Tonta; I’m don’t think that this has been collected into the library collections yet either, but am not 100% sure.
    Okay, thanks. That clears things up a little bit.

Ah comics, never change your confusing collecting habits

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Okay, thanks. That clears things up a little bit.

Ah comics, never change your confusing collecting habits

That's one of the true joys of collecting comics, makes it more of a challenge!

I can't imagine how many new potential fans read a book, liked it, decided to go for another couple volumes of the same title, but it turned out to be a completely different run from a different era, and gave up on possibly collecting forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    That's one of the true joys of collecting comics, makes it more of a challenge!

I can't imagine how many new potential fans read a book, liked it, decided to go for another couple volumes of the same title, but it turned out to be a completely different run from a different era, and gave up on possibly collecting forevermore.
    Tell me about it. I make up some lists for my students who want to get into comics, but a lot of the time they divert to manga since it's so much easier to follow.

And honestly, I don't blame them

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The Complete Witchblade hardcover vol. 1 that came out last week. Can anyone confirm that is regular trim or is it oversized? The dimensions on Amazon lend me to conclude regular trim. If that is the case it is a shame cause I'll pass.
    Want the material on Oversized/Omni style format.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The Complete Witchblade hardcover vol. 1 that came out last week. Can anyone confirm that is regular trim or is it oversized? The dimensions on Amazon lend me to conclude regular trim. If that is the case it is a shame cause I'll pass.
    It's regular. Mine arrived yesterday.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    It's regular. Mine arrived yesterday.
    I got the softcover a few months back. I'm on a Mike Turner kick lately. Love his work. Just picked up the Witchblade/Wolverine Devil's Reign issue and the Troubleseekers TPB with Witchblade/Tomb Raider crossovers. Need to track down Tomb Raider 25 and the original Fathom issues with TR in them.
    Wish there were a collection of his Marvel covers though.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

@JPAR, thanks for the feedback.

Maybe one day it'll get the proper oversized edition it deserves.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

@JPAR, thanks for the feedback.

Maybe one day it'll get the proper oversized edition it deserves.
    Your welcome!

I was thinking the same. One day ... But now that they give it a reprint and they had the chance to do it in an oversized edition, they didn't. So, I think they won't do it ever.

Spectacular Member

This is probably a long shot, but does anyone have a picture of various Dark Horse Library Editions to compare sizes/heights between different series?

I know it sounds like a minor problem, but I'll have to do some shelf rearranging to fit them, depending on which size they are, since I know they definitely come in at least two different sizes. My Mass Effect Vol 1 and Black Hammer Vol 1 are different sizes, so I'm curious if most are like the former or the latter.