Page 87 of 865 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187587 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by ru1880 View Post
    Lucifer & Batman are Spanish editions :

Attachment 5032
    Attachment 5033
    How good is the ECC's Spanish edition of The Long Halloween?

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post
    My comment under an Amazon review for Supergods:

All that being said, if someone told me he does explain Final Crisis a little bit towards the end, I might re-open it.
    Interesting. I pretty much think the opposite of everything what you wrote but to each to their own. But I usually like to read or listen to his biographical stuff. I can't remember where he mentions FC but he briefly talks about it and what his intention was, in one of the Fatman on Batman podcasts or in Supergods. (also, did you read Superman beyond and the Submit oneshot too, or just the main event?)

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Interesting. I pretty much think the opposite of everything what you wrote but to each to their own. But I usually like to read or listen to his biographical stuff. I can't remember where he mentions FC but he briefly talks about it and what his intention was, in one of the Fatman on Batman podcasts or in Supergods. (also, did you read Superman beyond and the Submit oneshot too, or just the main event?)
    I did read the Superman Beyond issues once long after I read FC, and I'll admit I did enjoy them after knowing what Morrison was trying to get at with FC.

I haven't actually read FC since reading up about it, so maybe it's time to consider getting that Absolute. The site that I found the best explanation for it was this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/c...ike_i_am_five/

But if anyone has a better link you're welcome to share it. I like learning as much as I can about Morrison's stories because I know I'm missing out on so much. It's just that some people say you have to all the way back to his Doom Patrol to understand it completely, and I don't think I want to put that much effort into it. Old comics are just a hard read for me.

[edit] I forgot mention the most obvious point of reference for everything nowadays, Wikipedia. D'oh! Although the wiki doesn't really give much in terms of meta commentary.
    Last edited by ohmshalone; 07-01-2014 at 07:46 AM.
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post
    I did read the Superman Beyond issues once long after I read FC, and I'll admit I did enjoy them after knowing what Morrison was trying to get at with FC.

I haven't actually read FC since reading up about it, so maybe it's time to consider getting that Absolute. The site that I found the best explanation for it was this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/c...ike_i_am_five/

But if anyone has a better link you're welcome to share it. I like learning as much as I can about Morrison's stories because I know I'm missing out on so much. It's just that some people say you have to all the way back to his Doom Patrol to understand it completely, and I don't think I want to put that much effort into it. Old comics are just a hard read for me.
    Thanks for the link, I never read anything about FC but I usually read explanations about his works too (especially Invisibles and the Filth).

Superman Beyond takes place after issue 3 I think, and without that the whole Dark Monitor thing comes out of nowhere at the end (also, the absolute has the 2 Batman issues IIRC which helps a bit too).
    I've never read Doom Patrol (waiting for the omnibus) but there are some stuff from Animal Man in Superman Beyond, and AM precedes DP, so you have to go back to that to understand everything. But those are not old comics like Claremont's X-men for example, not many thought bubbles and narration explaining what you can see in the panels. Also, they are Vertigo books, so they are a different quality than the superhero books at the time.

Fantastic Member

I've been at my post office today and it became clear that IST didn't mentioned my apartment number in the address on the boxes lol. That's why I've waited for a few months. So here they are: a lot of DC books (thanks to IST DC/Unwritten sales) and some of the Humanoids brilliants.

After seeing that IST no longer had Witzend available for sale, I checked with CGN which had the book in stock. I then went to my local LCS which told me the book was OOP before it was even released and that there would be no discount on the book. So I went ahead and ordered a copy from Amazon.

Fingers crossed the next couple of days and it arrived today. Luckily for me, the book fit snug into one of those Amazon boxes, reducing it's damage somewhat. A couple dented corners on the slipcase, but nothing major. Phew!

20140701_135132.jpg

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    How good is the ECC's Spanish edition of The Long Halloween?
    Pretty good. It's a HC , good page quality and 20-25 pages of additional content

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    I've been at my post office today and it became clear that IST didn't mentioned my apartment number in the address on the boxes lol. That's why I've waited for a few months. So here they are: a lot of DC books (thanks to IST DC/Unwritten sales) and some of the Humanoids brilliants.

Wow that's an impressive lot! 2 questions:
    - Is that the "Uber alles edition" for Stray Bullets (looks nearly like HC on your pic but the "uber alles" is supposed to be SC?)
    -where do you order all your Humanoid Books? I tried to get Final Incal Ultra Deluxe at Amazon and they cancelled my order. Seems not the best way to go. I live in Europe so usually amazon is my "best" source
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    - Is that the "Uber alles edition" for Stray Bullets (looks nearly like HC on your pic but the "uber alles" is supposed to be SC?)
    Yep, that's the SC 'Über Alles' edition.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    Wow that's an impressive lot! 2 questions:
    -where do you order all your Humanoid Books? I tried to get Final Incal Ultra Deluxe at Amazon and they cancelled my order. Seems not the best way to go. I live in Europe so usually amazon is my "best" source
    Hi! Yes, it's Uber Alles SC edition. In speak of humanoids - it's impossible to buy anything from them at Amazon, so I use InStockTrades and BookDepository for that.

I live in Russia so usually Amazon is the best source for me too, but IST and TFAW are very good at sources of comic books too for me
    Last edited by Roland1580; 07-02-2014 at 01:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Just received this from amazon.co.uk:

Hello,

We’ve cancelled Star Wars, The: Limited Edition (Asin: 1616554266) from your order.

Unfortunately, we’re no longer able to offer this item for sale. Our supplier has informed us that it's been discontinued and is no longer available. You may find that it's still available from third-party Sellers on Amazon.co.uk Marketplace but I'm afraid we can't source stock from these Sellers.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused and hope to see you again soon.
    It seems they've rebranded this as either "The Star Wars: Based on the Original Rough Draft Screenplay by George Lucas" by Titan Books for the UK or "The Star Wars Deluxe Edition" by Dark Horse for the US.

It's a shame, as there was a very nice preorder price on amazon.co.uk. Oh well, I'll be on the lookout for it at a decent price.

Can someone shed a light on this version of final incal?

http://goo.gl/JRU6kb

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Just received this from amazon.co.uk:

It seems they've rebranded this as either "The Star Wars: Based on the Original Rough Draft Screenplay by George Lucas" by Titan Books for the UK or "The Star Wars Deluxe Edition" by Dark Horse for the US.

It's a shame, as there was a very nice preorder price on amazon.co.uk. Oh well, I'll be on the lookout for it at a decent price.
    same thing happened with my preorder

Quote Originally Posted by ru1880 View Post
    And regarding Spanish editions. Wildstorm is on clearance sale by one Spanish publisher, so I grabbed a few 90's stuff :

Attachment 5034
    I saw them at the Norma Comics store in Barcelona last week, but I didn't pick anything becasue I dread Norma's translations of English material. If you have read them, could you tell me if they are good translated. I'm interested in Robinson and Moore's run on Wildcats, but I'm not touching that thing unless I'm sure I won't get any surprise.

Also, I was in a hurry, so I couldn't notice it... but I think the Maxx HCs are not in clearance.

P.S. Feels so weird talking in English about Spanish editions.

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    Can someone shed a light on this version of final incal?

http://goo.gl/JRU6kb
    Yeah I've been wondering about that, too. That version has been up for months as well (with changing covers) and while at first having had the same price as the Deluxe version, it has recently gone up to this. Normally Humanoids publish a smaller version a while after the larger, slipcased ones (like they did with The Incal, Before The Incal, Metabarons and Technopriests), and I thought that would be the case here as well. But the price seems to suggest otherwise - or it's a mistake.