Page 89 of 865 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189589 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 12974
    Amazing Member

just to let you guys know since I believe it's a nice price, I just bought "Absolute Batman Hush" from Amazon Italy.
    32€ + 10€ shipping to Portugal

Warning, some Incal spoilers in this post.

I finished The Incal last night and am still trying to sort out my feelings for it. I loved the ending (Spoiler: trying to figure out how a prequel and squeal work for essentially a never ending loop. Guess I'll find out shortly) but found most of it to be very scattered and disjointed. That's not to say it's bad, just a very different style of writing than I'm used to. Some of the leaps with nothing between them were a little too much (spoiler: such as Animah going from having zero feelings, perhaps even a mild disdain even for John to suddenly professing her love for him). I'm also curious about Bendis' introduction where he talks about how much of The Incal has been stolen and put into other work. He particularly calls out that pages were lifted and directly put onto film in a shameless rip off. I didn't see any of this. I saw many panels that reminded me of various film images or ideas but when I checked publishing dates for those issues they came out after the films in question.

I'm moving onto Before the Incal next and then Final Incal when my Book Depository order comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    Warning, some Incal spoilers in this post.

I finished The Incal last night and am still trying to sort out my feelings for it. I loved the ending (Spoiler: trying to figure out how a prequel and squeal work for essentially a never ending loop. Guess I'll find out shortly) but found most of it to be very scattered and disjointed. That's not to say it's bad, just a very different style of writing than I'm used to. Some of the leaps with nothing between them were a little too much (spoiler: such as Animah going from having zero feelings, perhaps even a mild disdain even for John to suddenly professing her love for him). I'm also curious about Bendis' introduction where he talks about how much of The Incal has been stolen and put into other work. He particularly calls out that pages were lifted and directly put onto film in a shameless rip off. I didn't see any of this. I saw many panels that reminded me of various film images or ideas but when I checked publishing dates for those issues they came out after the films in question.

I'm moving onto Before the Incal next and then Final Incal when my Book Depository order comes in.
    exactly my thoughts but I haven't bought any of the other Incal books so I'm curious how other stories fit into this.

The Incal is one of those books that's an amazing ride if you just sit back and let Jodorowsky be crazy. It's actually the only book where I would advice against questioning the logic of the whole thing too much.

Before the Incal is decidedly less crazy, but in turn the storyline is more streamlined and better structured pacing-wise. It's my least favorite of the three, but it pretty much explains what it is that DiFool needs to remember and is required reading for Final Incal.

And Final Incal is just straight up amazing. It feel incredibly epic, it's actually really well written, it feels like a definitive and satisfying ending to the franchise AND it's GORGEOUS. Ladronn's style is perfect for this, and his framing and battle scenes easily rival those of Moebius. It somehow manages to be as crazy as the original Incal while feeling more mature and better written. The original is still my favorite (I love how insane it is), but Final Incal is definitely the best book in the series writing-wise.

...By the way, READ THE METABARONS.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Iron Tarkus View Post
    I suspect the unknown version just collects the Jodo/Ladronn Final Incal, and doesn't include Moebius' After the Incal (Moebius has been named on all the other covers). However, that doesn't explain why the page count is higher than the Deluxe/Ultra Deluxe! Have Humanoids ever added extra features to their books (sketches/thumbnails etc.)?
    Before the Incal has a short section at the end with sketches and layouts, but that's pretty much it as far as I know.

Yeah, the Incal is Jodorowsky's first long-form comic, it's more a rush of mad ideas and cool set pieces (some of them salvaged from his failed Dune film project) than a tightly planned ultra coherent story. His later stories are far more coherent. Metabarons is probably his best story overal but the Incal still is crazy fun IMO

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Yeah, the Incal is Jodorowsky's first long-form comic, it's more a rush of mad ideas and cool set pieces (some of them salvaged from his failed Dune film project) than a tightly planned ultra coherent story. His later stories are far more coherent. Metabarons is probably his best story overal but the Incal still is crazy fun IMO
    You're right. He vomited up a vast array of awesome and wild ideas in The Incal, but none really got to shine in the way they deserved to as no sooner had they come up, it was onto the next. I often found myself thinking "Hang on, don't leave this thread dangling, there's something very special there". Already only one chapter into Before the Incal I can see it's a lot more linear and ideas get more follow through (although there are still some ideas I want to spend more time with). I feel like I'm playing a massive RPG and I want to go do the side quests but they aren't there.

I have both of the Metabarons books and Technopriests but held off reading those. They will be next once Final Incal is done.

Not big on taking pictures lately, so here's the latest batch, some old, some new.

On incal and Jodorowsky, before and after are ones i could live without, jodorowsky is hit&miss in general, fortunately in original incal there was moebius to take it to the level it stands.
    Last edited by maeda; 07-04-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Is that an old Epic Comics edition of Moebius' Silver Surfer? And a sealed oversized Eyes of the Cat? Nice finds

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Is that an old Epic Comics edition of Moebius' Silver Surfer? And a sealed oversized Eyes of the Cat? Nice finds
    Old epic yes, has a small shelf wear but otherwise in mint condition, for $29 i'm not complaining, i was lucky with the cat!

Got my copy of Paul Pope's Escapo from bookdepository yesterday.
    They shipped it on monday, it arrived yesterday. This is only the second time I've got my shipment in the same week it was dispatched.
    Still waiting for the Big Damn Sin City they've sent on the same day. Probably got stuck at customs.

It's brilliantly done, better than DC Deluxes or Marvel OHCs. It's really close to "Chew Omnivore v1" which I find to be the perfect deluxe-sized comic.
    Really great job by Z2 Comics, I hope they re-release another older Paul Pope's comic - THB.
    Last edited by silkcuts; 07-05-2014 at 02:37 AM.

Steven Seagle's Kafka OHC by Image comics.

Older video but it wasn't posted before.

Spectacular Member

I'll join in with the videos. Here's Glory from Image. I'd recommend this to everyone on the entire planet. Such a good story and the art is fantastic. And on top of that, the hardcover has so much in terms of extras; sketches, script pages, uncoloured pages, cover gallery, etc.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TehJofus View Post
    I'll join in with the videos. Here's Glory from Image. I'd recommend this to everyone on the entire planet. Such a good story and the art is fantastic. And on top of that, the hardcover has so much in terms of extras; sketches, script pages, uncoloured pages, cover gallery, etc.

Ooooh, that looks nice. What's the story about?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Just here to share my worst experience with booksellers up to date. I'm not even sure why it took me so long.

Long story short, seller is "Ebooksweb COM LLC", bought it through abebooks and their packaging sucks. Don't buy from them.