Page 95 of 865 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195595 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    Yes i've heard good things, i would be interested in something that he finished, or near ending.
    Try Destroyer MAX. It's a fun (and bloody) romp in 6 issues. That was my first experience with Kirkman, I liked it so I started Invincible right after that and I'm still in love with it.
    I also liked his Ant Man miniseries, but a lot of people dislike it because the main character (not Hank or Scott, a new Ant Man, Eric) is a huge jerk with very few redeeming qualities. Still, it's fun.
    yEh6GOO.jpg

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Yes i've heard good things, i would be interested in something that he finished, or near ending.
    It may be a weird suggesting for a first Kirkman comic, but I really liked Astounding Wolfman. The people that didn't like it complain that the pacing is far too fast but for me it's just a fun, exciting ride. It's collected in 4 trades (there was also a small crossover with Invincible so you get a taste of that too).
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    It may be a weird suggesting for a first Kirkman comic, but I really liked Astounding Wolfman. The people that didn't like it complain that the pacing is far too fast but for me it's just a fun, exciting ride. It's collected in 4 trades (there was also a small crossover with Invincible so you get a taste of that too).
    Oh yes, I forgot about that. Good stuff.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I got an IKEA Billy bookcase and currently it holds every Marvel HC I own.
    They are not alphabetical nor overly grouped, but they are where I could.
    The recommended per shelf weight load is 66lbs so that's why the large books are on outer edges and smaller/lighter ones more centered.
    It'll have to do for now.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Tnx for kirkman recomms, hope i'll like it.
    To return the favor, rocketo by Frank Espinosa, the Art is a bit different from mainstream but amazing, and the story is really great.
    It's been awhile, but i think he is developing new stories.

Also, Kirkman started a new ongoing and only #1 is out yet. It's a horror comic about exorcism and the likes called The Outcast. #1 was a pretty strong debut altough not really my thing. I bet fans of the genre will love it though
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Nice haul, Martin. How's Forming? Heard of that before. Any chance of inside art pics?

P.S.: Well, you now have 30 mins more to try
    Well that didn't quite work out unfortunately....

As for Forming.... I have yet to read it, but it sounds mental...

"Since the dawn of human history, we as a species have sought to understand our existence through creationist fables of omnipotent deities, mythical creatures, and speculation of what—or who—may lie beyond the stars. In Forming Vol. 1, Jesse Moynihan takes these 50,000 years of socio-religious postulation and throws them in the blender to create one epic—and irreverent—battle royal between alien gods, Ancient Greek Titans, interplanetary assassin droids, and humanity itself."

There's plenty of pics on Nobrow's website, so check it there http://www.nobrow.net/15799

And just a teaser pic:

I highly enjoyed Through The Woods, so definitely take a look at that book too. It's very HP Lovecraft inspired and the art looks excellent. Creepy and beautiful at the same time.

So you can't even go to a wedding without a shopping card full nice haul

btw. sry, bad luck, go for third
    Guilty as charged... In my defense though the wedding was during the weekend and all my UK friends were working on Monday Also I needed some reading for the ferry back.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post

"Since the dawn of human history, we as a species have sought to understand our existence through creationist fables of omnipotent deities, mythical creatures, and speculation of what—or who—may lie beyond the stars. In Forming Vol. 1, Jesse Moynihan takes these 50,000 years of socio-religious postulation and throws them in the blender to create one epic—and irreverent—battle royal between alien gods, Ancient Greek Titans, interplanetary assassin droids, and humanity itself."

There's plenty of pics on Nobrow's website, so check it there http://www.nobrow.net/15799
    That sounds like Encyclopedia of Early Earth on crack. Awesome!

And yeah, sad to see you lose. Would've been a great (and much more interesting) final than against boring Argentina.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post

And just a teaser pic:

I highly enjoyed Through The Woods, so definitely take a look at that book too. It's very HP Lovecraft inspired and the art looks excellent. Creepy and beautiful at the same time.

I want Forming and I want it now. Definitely keep me posted on how you like it

Btw, any idea where Johnny has been lately?

All-New Member

Recently went on vacation and looked for some new books to read and ended up getting The Boys by Ennis. How have I not read this before!? Loving the gore and the absurdity and many times find myself wondering why I never thought of 'The Supes' this way before! The character development and the cast itself - as well as the story - are top notch! I am on the 7th trade and can't wait to get to the next issue/trade. Any other recommendation, particularly by Ennis, that is as solid (other than his Punisher)?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I got an IKEA Billy bookcase and currently it holds every Marvel HC I own.
    They are not alphabetical nor overly grouped, but they are where I could.
    The recommended per shelf weight load is 66lbs so that's why the large books are on outer edges and smaller/lighter ones more centered.
    It'll have to do for now.
    That's a great collection. Mine is way out of control and I need to prune down to something about that size. I always try avoid putting heavy, or any books, in the middle of my billys. Looks great on the shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Recently went on vacation and looked for some new books to read and ended up getting The Boys by Ennis. How have I not read this before!? Loving the gore and the absurdity and many times find myself wondering why I never thought of 'The Supes' this way before! The character development and the cast itself - as well as the story - are top notch! I am on the 7th trade and can't wait to get to the next issue/trade. Any other recommendation, particularly by Ennis, that is as solid (other than his Punisher)?
    Ennis recommendations? If you haven't read it yet, Preacher, Hitman, his run on Hellblazer, War stories and Crossed. To be honest, Ennis is one of the best writers so I recommend a lot more

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    There is an Invicible war, which is a bit strange, I think it was an experimental issue (basically a whole event in one issue) and there will be a war with the viltrumites too (I don't say anything else) but what I'm talking about is a one on one fight. Go, read on, you are not far from there!
    I read that just now... HOLY ****!
    even for Kirkman standards that was extremely brutal. I loved it!

*Spoilers*

I swear the image of Invincible headbutting Conquest to death or him biting Conquest is going to stick with me.

Spoilers over