Page 99 of 865 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199599 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 12974
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Iron Tarkus View Post
    The standard 8"x10" editions of Before The Incal and The Incal are being reprinted this September; both are in this month's Previews. That's probably the cheapest option if you can wait a few months.
    Nice! Can you send a link?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    For all those that like Incal and other Jodorowsky comics you should check out the documentary Jodorowsky's Dune if you haven't already. Its interesting to see the origins of a lot of stuff that went into his books. He and Moebius basically laid out the whole movie like a giant comic so it was a no brainer for them to just move it over into the comic realm together when the movie was cancelled. Art design and plot points were picked directly from the movie storyboards. Pretty interesting.
    I've heard good things about the documentary. Dune is my favorite book so I'm interested in seeing how his adaptation would have been.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Nope. That was Janjetov, who was also the artist on Technopriests. Not Moebius, but still a great artist.

Hm. Why not rank them? I'd say

1. Moebius
    2. Ladrönn
    3. Gimenez
    4. Janjetov
    Yeah I've never really read any of the Humanoids books, but have heard of the writers/artists on reputation alone. My buddy told me that other than The Incal, the Metabarons is another book worth checking out. Are there any other Humanoids books worth checking out?
    Last edited by stilgar20; 07-12-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Amazing Member Black Iron Tarkus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Nice! Can you send a link?
    Couldn't find it on the Previews website, so here's the page from the catalogue:

The 'Not available in the UK or India' just refers to the fact UK shops can't order Humanoids books through Diamond. Turnaround have the UK distribution licence; no idea re. India. Also, Castaka and Final Incal were delayed a few months in the UK, so it's possible we might not see these new printings until November... I do remember reading somewhere that they were working towards same-day UK/US releases, so fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by stilgar20 View Post
    Yeah I've never really read any of the Humanoids books, but have heard of the writers/artists on reputation alone. My buddy told me that other than The Incal, the Metabarons is another book worth checking out. Are there any other Humanoids books worth checking out?
    - Armies (mentioned above)
    - all the District 14 books (seasons 1 and 2 plus Lady Rozenbilt)
    - Cape Horn
    - Metabarons
    - Koma

Those are the ones I've read (besides Incal) and I would recommend all of them.

The 'Not available in the UK or India' just refers to the fact UK shops can't order Humanoids books through Diamond. Turnaround have the UK distribution licence; no idea re. India. Also, Castaka and Final Incal were delayed a few months in the UK, so it's possible we might not see these new printings until November... I do remember reading somewhere that they were working towards same-day UK/US releases, so fingers crossed.
    Perhaps Selfmadehero still have the UK rights for the Incal?

Couldn't find it on the Previews website, so here's the page from the catalogue:

So this collection would collect all 6 of the books?

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Perhaps Selfmadehero still have the UK rights for the Incal?
    No, Selfmadehero just printed that under licence from Humanoids. Celestial Bibendum was another, published under license by Knockabout. Since opening an office in London earlier this year, they're winding down the licensing as it now makes more sense to just release the US editions over here.

Here's an interesting article about the growth of Humanoids' English-language business: http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/b...e-u-s-u-k.html

So this collection would collect all 6 of the books?
    Yeah, it's all 6 albums in a smaller format (same height as a normal US comic, but a bit wider).

Yeah, it's all 6 albums in a smaller format (same height as a normal US comic, but a bit wider).
    That's awesome! Will totally be buying this.

You won't regret it Such an great read, in any format. I'm tempted to upgrade to the 6 coffee-table books while they're still around, but like you I have idea where to put them!

Me too! And the Before Incal too!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

You won't regret it Such an great read, in any format. I'm tempted to upgrade to the 6 coffee-table books while they're still around, but like you I have idea where to put them!
    If you have the money then worry about where to put them later. I assure you they're worth it. High-quality matte paper, beautiful art and since each book has only 50-60 pages, they're not heavy and actually comfortable to read - despite the size (they are lighter than aby Marvel Omnibus, I think).

So for completion sake, I would need to get Before Incal, The Incal collection in September and Final Incal since that would be separate?

BANNED

I've always been interested on the Incal, but there doesn't seem to be a cheap way to get the collection? Do you guys think we'll see an Omni one day?

EDIT: No wait, there is now coming an Omni collection of it all? I'm confused!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    I've always been interested on the Incal, but there doesn't seem to be a cheap way to get the collection? Do you guys think we'll see an Omni one day?

EDIT: No wait, there is now coming an Omni collection of it all? I'm confused!
    There are 3 "core" series, Before, The Incal and Final Incal (Prequel, main series, sequel). That collection collects the 6 albums (European version of issues with more pages and generally bigger than American issues) that make up The Incal. So you might call it an omnbius but it's more of a deluxe as Before the Incal gets the same treatment.