Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Who wants Marvel to do Disney comics?

I want them to bring back Gargoyles, Rescue Rangers, Ducktales, Gummi Bears, and the Disney Afternoon back in comic form.

Mighty Member

Yes Scrooge Mc.Duck

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Donald Duck is my favorite Cartoon Character of all time so I vote Yes

BANNED

Pass.

I wouldn't mind seeing old reruns of the shows to watch with my little cousins or something. But I wouldn't read the comic.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    I want them to bring back Gargoyles, Rescue Rangers, Ducktales, Gummi Bears, and the Disney Afternoon back in comic form.
    I really have fond memories of watching these shows but I wouldn't read them in comic form. Maybe Gargoyles cause it was more of a drama and it had the most adult themes.

Tailspin was another cartoon that was great. Mighty Ducks, Darkwing Duck and Goof Troop were good too. The Wuzzles were fun like the Gummi Bears and had an interesting gimmick.

Disney really has had some great T.V. shows during the 80's and 90's. Getting them to work in today's market is the real challenge cause nostalgia alone isn't going to do it.

Extraordinary Member

Disney comics are some of the best and most admired comics of all time, especially Donald Duck. You name your favorite Marvel artist and unless he's Jack Kirby, he's probably not as important in comics history as Carl Barks. I would love to see Disney honor that legacy and produce more Donald and Mickey comics.

However, I'm not sure if they have anyone right now who can do that kind of work. The mainstream U.S. comics industry isn't in a great way when it comes to this kind of art or storytelling, and it's a lot harder than it looks.

Don't want Marvel creators to do it, outside of maybe Scottie Young, but I wouldn't mind seeing them get more revenue from publishing a few.

Marvel needs to also revive the Timely/Atlas era funny animal comics, update them, and introduce them to child audiences. All those characters are going to waste.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    I really have fond memories of watching these shows but I wouldn't read them in comic form. Maybe Gargoyles cause it was more of a drama and it had the most adult themes.

Tailspin was another cartoon that was great. Mighty Ducks, Darkwing Duck and Goof Troop were good too. The Wuzzles were fun like the Gummi Bears and had an interesting gimmick.

Disney really has had some great T.V. shows during the 80's and 90's. Getting them to work in today's market is the real challenge cause nostalgia alone isn't going to do it.
    What about rebooting them to make them relevant? worked for Transformers, MLP, He-Man, Thundercats, GI Joe etc.

BANNED

I'd love a well written/illustrated PotC series. They can forget Captain Jack and the rest of the movie crew if they so desire (give or take for me, so long as it's written well).

BANNED

Will end up resurrecting wolverine as a disney princess instead ...

Does Bobby Drake get to sing Let It Go?

BANNED

Comics for Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles and The Incredibles would be awesome.

i just want an Oswald the Lucky Rabbit comic.

I just want somebody to finish what Boom! Comics started and complete their The Incredibles storyline.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!