Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Honestly, why publish this issue if this is the negative reaction that Marvel is hoping to get with the readers. They would have known that Readers will not be satisfied with an ending like this one. I mean here's hoping that SECRET WARS will Bring Rider Back in full power so he can dethrone the little upstart in Sam Alexander.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    I don't think he needs to be an impostor to lie his butt off. Quill is an admitted liar. Quill sets up the story so that Rider has the same sort of noble sacrifice he had before, but with an added emotional element directed at Gamora. Gamora was the one interrogating Quill, so it certainly makes sense for him to include that element--I haven't told you because he didn't want me to tell you. It's a gamble--it banks on her loving Rich--but if it works, it allows him to circumvent the actual truth. The entire story might work that way--an elaborate believable lie that prevents Gamora from asking again. It's not believable for us, but we knew more than Gamora did about Thanos Imperative anyway.

It's entirely possible something worse happened. Maybe Thanos is more powerful than anticipated and is able to kill Rich. Maybe he does obtain the cube and uses it to steal Rich's power. And at the end of whatever scenario, Quill and Drax are left with a choice--die fighting Thanos, or live, and possibly stop him another day--because they came to stop him from getting out and they're no longer sure that's going to happen.

I like to think this story, and Quill's entire attitude post-Thanos Imperative, are all part of his own guilt trip. He feels like a coward and a failure. He let Thanos live. He essentially sold his soul to return from that universe. He lost a trusted friend in the process.
    When you put it like that your explanation on things is much better than what we got in the comic.

I don't think he needs to be an impostor to lie his butt off. Quill is an admitted liar. Quill sets up the story so that Rider has the same sort of noble sacrifice he had before, but with an added emotional element directed at Gamora. Gamora was the one interrogating Quill, so it certainly makes sense for him to include that element--I haven't told you because he didn't want me to tell you. It's a gamble--it banks on her loving Rich--but if it works, it allows him to circumvent the actual truth. The entire story might work that way--an elaborate believable lie that prevents Gamora from asking again. It's not believable for us, but we knew more than Gamora did about Thanos Imperative anyway.

It's entirely possible something worse happened. Maybe Thanos is more powerful than anticipated and is able to kill Rich. Maybe he does obtain the cube and uses it to steal Rich's power. And at the end of whatever scenario, Quill and Drax are left with a choice--die fighting Thanos, or live, and possibly stop him another day--because they came to stop him from getting out and they're no longer sure that's going to happen.

I like to think this story, and Quill's entire attitude post-Thanos Imperative, are all part of his own guilt trip. He feels like a coward and a failure. He let Thanos live. He essentially sold his soul to return from that universe. He lost a trusted friend in the process.
    There is an attraction with that explanation. Gamora knows Starlord is a liar, and she tries to beat the truth out of him, but Starlord just teasers her with more lies, including the love angle from Rich Rider, which disarms her, and she leaves the room. But she still doesn't know if its all a ruse from Starlord, and that's why she left the room. To hide her confusion and her need to think in private.

Every time I hear about how awful bendis's guardians is, I just say that James Roberts would be perfect for the book, MTMTE is the space book guardians should be.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Lets pretend Quill made the whole thing up and Drax went along with it. Though that doesn't explain Gamora's reaction to losing a booty call. She didn't cry like that when Warlock died. And died. And died. Or maybe because he keeps dying.
    Back during the Infinity Watch days all Gamora did was stand around and pone for Warlock whole he beong emotionless ignored her affections. Not her finest moments. Gamora was the best during the 70's and Annihilation.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Every time I hear about how awful bendis's guardians is, I just say that James Roberts would be perfect for the book, MTMTE is the space book guardians should be.
    He would OWN this book!!!
    MTME has the Humor and solid sci-fi balance that made Guardians such an incredible read back in the Annihilation era.

He's been single-handedly steering the course for the entire Transformers franchise...that's a lot of mega bucks he's in charge of.
    Unlikely that IDW and Hasbro would let him slip through their fingers...but MAN would that be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Superkreep View Post
    He would OWN this book!!!
    MTME has the Humor and solid sci-fi balance that made Guardians such an incredible read back in the Annihilation era.

He's been single-handedly steering the course for the entire Transformers franchise...that's a lot of mega bucks he's in charge of.
    Unlikely that IDW and Hasbro would let him slip through their fingers...but MAN would that be awesome!
    I know, Roberts is pretty happy with transformers, so it's very unlikely he would leave idw. I just never thought a transformers book would be so excellent. Last stand of the wreckers blew my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Lord almighty, when did Gamora become so milquetoast?

Where's the "baddest gal in the universe"?
    Eaten by her crappy movie-verse equivalent I guess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Very informative and thank you! Sounds like I'm better off grabbing some of the older stuff until there is a changing of guard in the marvel cosmic creative team....
    Are you familiar with Jim $tarlin's 1970's cosmic stuff?

Victoria also noticed that there is something wrong with his half-brother!

BANNED

Since we've had at least 2 confirmations from Quill himself earlier in this horrible Bendys run that he made a deal/truce with Thanos to get out of the Cancerverse, it seems as though this entire 3-issue arc is one big pointless lie. What a kick in the teeth. Did we really need three issues of Starlord making up bad fanfiction about himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Honestly, why publish this issue if this is the negative reaction that Marvel is hoping to get with the readers. They would have known that Readers will not be satisfied with an ending like this one. I mean here's hoping that SECRET WARS will Bring Rider Back in full power so he can dethrone the little upstart in Sam Alexander.
    You can't necessarily judge readership reaction purely by the internet. Ultimately it's sales which will determine whether or not readers are satisfied. If sales take a dip that sends a message. If they don't, then it's just another disconnect between the internet and the readership as a whole.

Readers vote with their wallets.

Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    Since we've had at least 2 confirmations from Quill himself earlier in this horrible Bendys run that he made a deal/truce with Thanos to get out of the Cancerverse, it seems as though this entire 3-issue arc is one big pointless lie. What a kick in the teeth. Did we really need three issues of Starlord making up bad fanfiction about himself?
    Good point. Gamora forced a reaction out of StarLord that he wasn't ready for and he had to give Gamora something to satisfy her. It was a good exercise for StarLord on how to lie his way out of a situation, even with someone he is team mates with. How this progresses the story is possibly that StarLord gets Gamora to release the Nova part of her mind, and she can get on with missions. When the truth does come out, StarLord will have to pay for his lies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Good point. Gamora forced a reaction out of StarLord that he wasn't ready for and he had to give Gamora something to satisfy her. It was a good exercise for StarLord on how to lie his way out of a situation, even with someone he is team mates with. How this progresses the story is possibly that StarLord gets Gamora to release the Nova part of her mind, and she can get on with missions. When the truth does come out, StarLord will have to pay for his lies.
    Maybe with his own Life, because I can't see Drax helping Starlord out of his lies ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    You can't necessarily judge readership reaction purely by the internet. Ultimately it's sales which will determine whether or not readers are satisfied. If sales take a dip that sends a message. If they don't, then it's just another disconnect between the internet and the readership as a whole.

Readers vote with their wallets.
    Well this is one wallet that will not buy into this series.