All-New Member

Default Mr Chris Hunt's Art Thread

Just now coming back to CBR since they reset the accounts so looks like I'm starting from square one. Kind of just wanting to re-engage in the community here so I thought I'd start up an art thread again. When I use to post, I was just dipping my toes into comics as a semi-professional. I'm now happy to say that I've officially put on my big boy pants and have been working as a pro for the past year and a half. Worked on Black Mask's WuTang book 12 Reasons To Die, Paul Pope's re-release of Escapo and I'm currently wading through my first gig at Dark Horse.

I'll try to catch up on the past year, but right now I wanted to start this off with something I've been working on for myself, called CARVER: A Paris Story. Its my throw back to Hemingway /Indiana Jones pulp adventures. It takes place in Paris (obviously) in the 1920s and it is essentially a deconstruction of the gentleman of fortune archetype, though I still plan to have a lot of fun with it. The pages below are from the opening of the book with the villain, Stacker Lee. Stacker's look is based on old Republic serial villains, and he gets his name from the Southern folk song, "Stacker Lee" or "Stagolee". Hope you enjoy. More to come soon.

page1Carver(test).jpg
    carver2censored.jpg
    page3Carver(test).jpg

All-New Member

and then the final smash cut page
    page4Carver(test).jpg

All-New Member

sanjurostitch.jpg
    This is a piece I did for the Kurosawa estate as a gift. Toshiro Mifune from Sanjuro.