Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Critics are treating Big Hero 6 as a Marvel themed movie, so why isn't Marvel celebrating?

Critics are treated it as a Marvel Movie and even in the theater trailer and the interviews for the movie, the creative team is treating it as a partial Marvel movie. So why is it that when Big Hero 6 premiere in theaters, that the very company that published the comic is not willing to do ANYTHING to promote the movie?

I mean even a few variant covers of the team would suffice for a promotion to the movie.

I thought that the Disney/Marvel deal would benefit both sides, but how is it fair when one side is doing all of the work and the other side isn't ?

Just because the film is different from the comic book origins and isn't connected to the other Marvel movies doesn't mean that it should be promoted by the company, right ?

As Marvel Fans what do you think of it ?
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 11-07-2014 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Changing title a bit from "Credits" to "Critics"

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

the Commercials I've seen lately don't even mention Marvel.

I fear the Big Hero 6 movie killed the characters in the comics.
    Not that they were important before (they used to appear in less than 10 issues every 5 years), but now Marvel may be reluctant to use them at all because of the possible confusion between two radically different versions of the characters.

That may be the reason why Marvel doesn't bother promoting the movie.

Formally: The Adventurer Jim Purcell's Avatar

I think Disney and Marvel are being very carful not to promote the movie as a Marvel movie as to not make viewers think its part of the Marvl Movieverse.

This is either very smart, or very dumb. It's honestly hard to tell.

My guess is that Marvel just doesn't care about BH6 anymore.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Disney wanted to separate Marvel from Big Hero 6. It's why they didn't rerelease the books because they didn't want to confuse people from the comic versions and the movie versions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Disney wanted to separate Marvel from Big Hero 6. It's why they didn't rerelease the books because they didn't want to confuse people from the comic versions and the movie versions.
    But they could have used the old "Inspirations to the feature film" standby line in the reprints.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

If Disney were upset that Marvel haven't promoted the movie they should be able to console themselves by looking at the billions the MCU has brought in. I am pretty sure Disney wont lose any sales because Marvel aren't reprinting old material or doing variant covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    If Disney were upset that Marvel haven't promoted the movie they should be able to console themselves by looking at the billions the MCU has brought in. I am pretty sure Disney wont lose any sales because Marvel aren't reprinting old material or doing variant covers.
    You got it all wrong. Disney told Marvel not to publish anything Big Hero 6 related so that their film interpretations would take precedent.

What's the Big Hero 6 without SunFire? Marvel can't use him because Fox ownes ALL Marvel mutant rights... :-(

BANNED

Saw Interstellar...saw Big Hero 6.

Enjoyed Big Hero 6 more!

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

We sort of already covered this in your other 3 or 4 threads about how you feel Marvel should be doing more to capitalise on Big Hero 6, didn't we? I don't think anything has changed since then.

If Marvel really wanted to capitalize on BH6, they would have done so already. As it stands, Disney now controls everything about BH6 short of the source material comics, and Marvel shows no desire to do anything with those comics.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Formally: The Adventurer Jim Purcell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    You got it all wrong. Disney told Marvel not to publish anything Big Hero 6 related so that their film interpretations would take precedent.
    Indeed, Disney owns Marvel. Disney is making the marketing calls here.

Big Hero Six will get the same 'based on a Marvel Comic' line in the credits somewhere, like Men in Black gets.

well in the movie marvel has their logo on the beginning. and there are a bunch of marvel names in the credits.