Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I'm implying you'll get greedy (or someone else will get greedy on your behalf), and try to start large scale transmuting operations.
    Then you completely failed to express yourself clearly enough to communicate that "implication."

All I had said was that I would use a transmutation superpower to make enough gold to support myself for a year or two. You replied, "Then you've devalued the gold market," and so forth. In context, it sure looked like you were saying that my transmuting just a few pounds of gold would cause the gold market to go into a tailspin -- a straightforward case of cause and effect.

If you meant to suggest that I might start out on such a small scale as I had described, but then I might start getting more and more greedy and impatient at time went by, so that in the long run I might end up transmuting tons at a time and dumping it on the world gold market all at once and thereby knocking down the price in a hurry, then you really needed to choose your words better, because none of that came through in what you actually said in your first reply to me.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    If it's the government, just volunteer to do it for a big paycheck and little infringing on your personal freedoms.

It would be a lot easier to pay you a thousand bucks a day to stay on a facility and let scientists poke and prod you then to pay a hundred guys for 24/7 guarding and imprisoning you.
    But you seem to be assuming it has to be one or the other of those two things. The way I see it: What's even easier is simply to keep my mouth shut about my superpower and therefore not attract lots of unwelcome attention from any government agency, corporation, terrorist cell, organized crime outfit, or miscellaneous nutcase! (I think that's exactly what many of the mutants in the Marvel Universe have preferred to do if at all possible, and I don't blame them a bit!)

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lorendiac View Post
    Then you completely failed to express yourself clearly enough to communicate that "implication."
    Ah well. Such is life.

All I had said was that I would use a transmutation superpower to make enough gold to support myself for a year or two.
    Well how much money does it take to support you in the manner of life to which you've become accustomed?

And I was more thinking you spend enough Gold to make you well off for a year or two and Mr. Corleone's like "that kids got a lotta gold from somewhere. I should make him an offer he can't refuse."

Whether he's thinks he's muscleing in on a Gold mine or figures out the superpower thing, the point was still others getting greedy and disrupting the gold market.

But you seem to be assuming it has to be one or the other of those two things.
    Well with the government in fiction it generally IS either peaceful Volunteers or Secret lock-down.

Crime syndicates usually just go straight for the lockdown, while civilian research facilities usually lack the resources to coerce you too much if you

The way I see it: What's even easier is simply to keep my mouth shut about my superpower and therefore not attract lots of unwelcome attention from any government agency, corporation, terrorist cell, organized crime outfit, or miscellaneous nutcase! (I think that's exactly what many of the mutants in the Marvel Universe have preferred to do if at all possible, and I don't blame them a bit!)
    Well yeah it's EASIER. but if you don't use your powers much it's not much different then if you didn't have them at all.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

After much deliberation, I am changing my choice of powers from super strength to time travel, I would totally abuse the Hell out of that power.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    But they may be thinking pretty ho hum things, which turns me off of mind reading. Last thing I want is to be reading people out only to get a grocery list, their irrational phobias, and the phone number of the local plumber tossed into my noggin.
    But, you would have power to choose which information you will read and which one you would throw away. What if you could read their thoughts whenever you want? Not all the time. I would go insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Pól Rua View Post
    Jamie Madrox is a good one. You could send dupes out to run errands, learn foreign languages, visit people, read great works of literature, and at the end of the day, get all that experience back.
    That would be in my top 5 'fun powers to have' list

I'd probably choose telepathy. I could make a final determination about so many things - how much of criminal behavior, for instance, is determined by mental illness. How much of mental illness is biological vs 'wrong thinking'. Do we actually have free will, or are all our behaviors coded by past experiences? All sorts of weird questions could be sorted out.

I'd use it to tour every prison and make the determination if a person was truly guilty of what he'd been sent to prison for. I'd vet security, military, or financial personnel.
    I'd write letters to the editor detailing how politician X plans to use his office for fraud, and how politician Y is really in the pay of Company Z, etc, etc.
    Mostly, I'd use it to make sure I could do all the above and still live longer than a week or two.

Incredible Member

I want the ability to instantly know the correct or best answer to any question as soon as I become aware of the question.

Then I would ask myself, "what should I do now?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
    I want the ability to instantly know the correct or best answer to any question as soon as I become aware of the question.

Then I would ask myself, "what should I do now?"
    "Go on with your life."

Ooh. Just one? Hmmmm... Stop time So I don't have to wake up early for my classes :3

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The ability to regrow hair on your head for humans.
    I touch the top of my head or the person's head then a minute later their receding hairline, thin hair is gone it's regrow to be thick and full.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

And with this power I would human baldness.
    I would ask if the person want's their hair to return then if they say I tell them how my power to cure human hair baldness works and ask them if I can use it on them.

For the problem of baldness has plagued humans for centuries the most well known worst case mostly is males where they lose all hair on top most of the front leaving them with the hair style of hulk hogan.

So basically a much more limited Hair Club for Men?

I'm going to crib some style from Sandeep Parikh and go for the ability to 80s montage through anything. I would just play some 80's song and montage through the learning process and come out with whatever ability I needed or task completed.

Need to train for a fight? Turn on You're The Best and BAM!

Need a PhD in Chemistry so I could make a super serum? Turn on Eye of the Tiger and done!

Ants all over your house? Ghostbusters and they done git gone!

Building a house? Future's So Bright.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Cotton View Post
    After much deliberation, I am changing my choice of powers from super strength to time travel, I would totally abuse the Hell out of that power.
    It's kinda complicated, though. Awesome, but not as convenient as others.

Back for noon feeding The Shredder's Avatar

Super Power?

Omnipotence.

Like on a Spectre-like level.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I'm going to crib some style from Sandeep Parikh and go for the ability to 80s montage through anything. I would just play some 80's song and montage through the learning process and come out with whatever ability I needed or task completed.
    That sounds like a pretty cool power as long as you keep a collection of 80s power ballads on hand.