Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I just don't get some people being okay with will smith being rick flagg but not will smith being deadshot. Both characters are white and will smith is playing against type for both roles. You'd be better saying you don't want him in the movie entirely

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I just don't get some people being okay with will smith being rick flagg but not will smith being deadshot. Both characters are white and will smith is playing against type for both roles. You'd be better saying you don't want him in the movie entirely
    I can see Will Smith playing the "good soldier" I can't picture him playing a badass hitman with a "I don't give a damn" attitude. Mostly because he has zero range. He's like Tom Cruise in the sense that he's the same character in every movie. His performance in Ali was very overrated. I just hope he doesn't have some crappy one liners when he kills someone.
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-03-2014 at 01:49 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I just hope he doesn't have some crappy one liners when he kills someone.
    Actually, I am waiting for that one ... Will Smith 4life bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I just hope he doesn't have some crappy one liners when he kills someone.
    Deadshot isn't a stranger to one-liners, though.

Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

BANNED

I hope the Wall will bust their balls throughout the movie.

Will Smith seems out of it since After Earth bombed. Him (and his kids) are rapidly going off the deep end. I have little confidence in his role. If it was 1997 Will or even 2005 Will, I'd be excited.

That being said I do think Leto can be a fantastic Joker, despite me finding him extremely annoying IRL.

Mighty Member

Will Smith has better range than Cruz. Dudes been nominated for 2 Oscars. He'll be fine as Deadshot.

Astonishing Member

Harley and Joker in a big budget movie together?

Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    That being said I do think Leto can be a fantastic Joker, despite me finding him extremely annoying IRL.
    Leto would probably be a better Catwoman than Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Via The Wrap

I've already thought that the next big screen Joker should be more of a modern glam rock version, riffing on everything from Ziggy Stardust to Die Antwoord, very contemporary fashion and celebrity imagery. Leto would be among the perfect picks for that angle. As an actor he's more than decent, under rated if anything and perhaps still held back by his pretty boy image from over a decade ago. Almost where Ledger was actually.

You can't do Harley without Mistah J and it's probably a good thing his screen return could very well be a minor, perhaps even cameo role. On the other hand though, Lex Luthor and Joker in one movie?...that's something you'd want to go large with.

UPDATE: CONFIRMED "SUICIDE SQUAD" CAST REVEALED WITH JARED LETO AS JOKER
    I'm not usually one to brag, but did I not kinda call this?

Thank you, David Ayer.

I think I can see the Bowie influence Die Antwoord didn't invent the tattooed hooligan look. They said they were going for a cartel look for the Joker this time

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I think I can see the Bowie influence Die Antwoord didn't invent the tattooed hooligan look. They said they were going for a cartel look for the Joker this time
    It's the combo of crappy jail tattoos, placement of the tattoos, the metal teeth, the veiny frame, shaved sides and most strikingly now, track pants with vertical graphics down the side (ha!) that jump out for me. Sure Ninja's patchworked his look from a ton of places himself but I just think it's awesome Letos Joker shares such a resemblance (revealing myself as a DA tragic here)

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Leto would probably be a better Catwoman than Joker.
    Hahahaaha. Oh man. Thanks internet.