Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    This new Darkhawk series is quietly becoming the best thing coming out of Infinity Countdown. I am hoping we get a new GOTG featuring Darkhawk in it or some cosmic story where he plays a key role. This issue kicks things into full gear and the direction so far as me on the edge waiting to see what's next.
    Darkhawk was a character that I missed out on back in the day but this Infinity Countdown mini has me wanting to go back and catch up on his '90s series.

I feel like he's definitely going to get a solo when this is done or else join a team.

Quote Originally Posted by doomeye56 View Post
    OK I have gone back to re-read all that I can on the fraternity of Raptors to try and get the best understanding of just what they are because my job on Sundays is to sit and be bored for 10 hours so this is what I got.

OK so the Shi'ar have to mythical bird in their pantheon Phal'kon the World Destroyer which is the Phoenix Force and Ratha'Kon the Starhawk who appears to be the 616 version of the Hawk-God from Universe 619. The Hawk God of 619’s "primary reason for being was of predation which is a primal necessity for insuring the survival of the fittest at all existential stratum." In 619 it went mad and all evil murdery and got locked away by the Living Tribunal. So going back to 616 the Ratha'Kon is described as the predator of Phoenix Force. If its the same being as the Hawk-God then being the cosmic embodiment of Predation it would make sense for it to be the predator of the Phoenix Force.

The Fraternity of Raptors is a bit of a mess. Talon calls the Order the Curators of History, that they safeguard the advance of galactic culture. The Raptors influence, adjust, shape and improve things and they follow a 'Great Purpose" the purpose is never flat out stated what it is. Sure we learn they accomplish these goals by any means necessary with blackmail and murder being their go to strategies. Gyre most recently said the Raptors were made to be a synthetic version of Ratha'kon. This does kinda fit their mission statement of advancing galactic culture just in a survival of the fittest kinda way.

And then there is the Neo-Fraternity of Raptors, Shi'ar extremist who covert the power of the true Fraternity and want to free the ancient Raptors from Null Space.
    Good job. Makes sense to me!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Incredible Member

The months darkhawk has the worst depiction of death's head I have ever seen.....

Astonishing Member

Coming out Next Week is INFINITY COUNTDOWN: DARKHAWK #3 and the Preview Pages are within the linkage.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Coming out Next Week is INFINITY COUNTDOWN: DARKHAWK #3 and the Preview Pages are within the linkage.
    OKay.....let's hear your thoughts about Today's Issue of INFINITY COUNTDOWN: DARKHAWK #3; Unfortunately, my LCS has underordered Issue #3.....and remember be careful of Spoilages....!!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

More people should read this mini. Darkhawk is an Amazing Character. What is it with him that he does not have an a-status? Why is he not big
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    More people should read this mini. Darkhawk is an Amazing Character. What is it with him that he does not have an a-status? Why is he not big
    Exposure/Marketing/Interested Creators. I think this is the best Infinity Countdown book right now. I still think they need to have Nova and Darkhawk in GOTG or Ultimates. Either way, I need more of both characters. Dope mini though, enjoying the ride.

Want to read the issue more in depth, but overall my impressions are good. There was lots of symbolism in this issue as well as further explanation of the history of the Raptors. As compared to earlier issues, the origin here was a bit easier to understand.

Plus, the writers promised a big surprise for this issue, and boy, that was big!
    "I am a man of peace."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Want to read the issue more in depth, but overall my impressions are good. There was lots of symbolism in this issue as well as further explanation of the history of the Raptors. As compared to earlier issues, the origin here was a bit easier to understand.

Plus, the writers promised a big surprise for this issue, and boy, that was big!
    No kidding about the big surprise...!!!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Who's going to put the "big surprise" in spoiler code for those of us curious but not getting the title?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Who's going to put the "big surprise" in spoiler code for those of us curious but not getting the title?
    spoilers:
    The BIG surprise was that a small part of RAZOR was still with Chris/Darkahawk and activated the "Datasong" within DH, allowing the body to restore itself to after the Raptors with a vengeance...!!!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    spoilers:
    The BIG surprise was that a small part of RAZOR was still with Chris/Darkahawk and activated the "Datasong" within DH, allowing the body to restore itself to after the Raptors with a vengeance...!!!
    end of spoilers
    Just to expand on that:

spoilers:
    It turns out that Chris can still transform into a variety of forms. Towards the end of the issue, he is able to transform into a huge mecha-esque figure that appears to be nearly the size of the ship that carries Gyre and the rest of the Fraternity of Raptors. I want to emphasize that I say "appears" because the artwork doesn't seem that clear. However, based on the in-issue dialogue as well as the cover for next issue, Chris definitely looks big.
    end of spoilers

Ultimately, how do I feel about all of this? As I've stated in the past, Darkhawk seems to tap into all of these armored space warrior influences. Silverhawks and Teknoman come to mind when I think of Chris' new direction. This ability to transform and shift are bonuses and ultimately I'm a sucker for characters who dare to defy all-powerful groups. T

he new status quo though, it is a little difficult to follow. Plus, if Chris is going to defy the enemy, I think his form should look differently from the enemy. He needs a look that is distinct, maybe in terms of design or color.
    "I am a man of peace."

Have they found a way tie Evilhawk to the Raptors yet? I still refuse to believe the whole 'You imagined your whole series' retcon. Evilhawk and the other amulets could easily be other renegade Raptors... and maybe not even have known it...

Astonishing Member

Coming out Next Week is INFINITY COUNTDOWN: DARKHAWK #4 and the Preview Pages are within the linkage.

....And guest starring a certain, familiar NEW WARRIOR is seen within these Preview Pages....!!!

Astonishing Member

I'll keep the spoilages straight to the point.......spoilers:
    Darkhawk did eventually defeated most of the Raptors {with Death's Head sucidual "help"} but the price of the victory was recovering the Amulet from Dark Starhawk/Talonar/Robbie Rider;that cuases Robbie to vanished; but prior to that Robbie did destroy Gyre. Also, Nova is extremely angry at Chris for causing Robbie's "death..???"
    end of spoilers

Plus, a classic Marvel character is seen on the final page....and it's spoilers:
    SLEEPWALKER
    end of spoilers....!!!!