Default Ultimate Universe: The Avengers

In UU: Avengers 2 they introduced Tyrone Case as the first "hulk". Reading it and the artwork really made me think of Rage (Elvin Daryl Haliday). Did anyone else see that or is it just me?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Nah. It felt like Ultimate Rage to me too. I had to check the civilian names at the time to see if it was his Ultimate alt.

I wonder why they didn't use Luke Cage instead. the latter really got the short end of the stick; slumming it with the Defenders.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Nah. It felt like Ultimate Rage to me too. I had to check the civilian names at the time to see if it was his Ultimate alt.
    Exact same here. I saw him but I remembered the Elvin and grandma issues. I was kind of waiting for them to establish some connection between the two
    but they never did. *shrug* go figure.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Invincible Member

It didn't seem that way to me but I wasn't an expert on Rage. It's probably a good thing they didn't establish a connection though seeing as black Hulk was slightly...problematic for some people.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I wonder why they didn't use Luke Cage instead. the latter really got the short end of the stick; slumming it with the Defenders.
    I actually wouldn't have minded an Ultimate Defenders mini-series all about the adventures of a team of wanna-bes with no powers or special skills.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It didn't seem that way to me but I wasn't an expert on Rage. It's probably a good thing they didn't establish a connection though seeing as black Hulk was slightly...problematic for some people.
    So wasn't Rage back in the day. Insert angry black youth here.
    That's the way I read it when he first came out . They tempered him down A LOT to get away from that.