Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Also, the other story that pops up to me when I think of Chris is the time when Tombstone friggin' RIPPED OUT DARKHAWK'S AMULET!:

"I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Some of my very own fan art

drawn from looking at this panel in Darkhawk #37.

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Also, the other story that pops up to me when I think of Chris is the time when Tombstone friggin' RIPPED OUT DARKHAWK'S AMULET!:
    YES!!!!!!

One of my all time favorites!!!!!

Also what annoyed in me in Avengers Arena... Obviously ripping out the amulet does NOT change him back to chris... or even really stop him cold. It's more a been there, done that kind of thing!

And the amulet being tossed around like Hot Potato. It took a very special person to be able to use the amulet... not just anyone.

Awesome to see him in the story... Glad they didn't kill him like I feared... Not a fan of the way that was researched...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    YES!!!!!!

One of my all time favorites!!!!!

Also what annoyed in me in Avengers Arena... Obviously ripping out the amulet does NOT change him back to chris... or even really stop him cold. It's more a been there, done that kind of thing!

And the amulet being tossed around like Hot Potato. It took a very special person to be able to use the amulet... not just anyone.

Awesome to see him in the story... Glad they didn't kill him like I feared... Not a fan of the way that was researched...
    Admittedly, the power set / capabilities of the armor displayed in arena or even WoK was never defined.

I agree though, ther was not a whole lot of passion set forth by hopeless regarding darkhawk..but he did show some respect for the character in other ways. Hopeless won me over in the end.

BANNED

Any Darkhawk feats you'd like to share?

Totally loved it when he fought Midnight in Round Robin!

asm35310xb4.jpg
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Totally loved it when he fought Midnight in Round Robin!

asm35310xb4.jpg
    Thanks a lot. I haven't seen this before.

BANNED

DarkHawk
    by spidermanfan2099
    link: http://www.deviantart.com/art/DarkHawk-310797223

While I love that they made a Darkhawk figure for Marvel Universe, I still felt the need to customize it a bit to 'original armor'

IMG_0101.jpg

first comic book series I ever followed. Love Dark Hawk.

Got every issue, event he Spider-Man and Sleep Walker cross over.
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    first comic book series I ever followed. Love Dark Hawk.

Got every issue, event he Spider-Man and Sleep Walker cross over.
    That's awesome to know. Did you also buy The Loners?

Incredible Member

I loved the basic idea behind the revision of his origins with the Fraternity of Raptors and the Shi'ar connection with the suit, as well as just expanding on Darkhawk's cosmic ties. That said, I do think it was handled a bit haphazardly in regards to the retcons they made to the origins as established in his own series.

Simply put, the whole "Evilhawk and the origins you thought you knew were just in your mind!" as written just doesn't fit at all with the series. It completely invalidates several issues, at least. Now don't get me wrong- I felt some of those early Darkhawk issues (I only read about the first 25 or so) were middling to mediocre at best -the dialogue seemed a little too comic-booky for one thing- but coming along and negating a substantial chunk of the series just to insert what amounted to an origin rewrite was clunky, and could have been handled while still incorporating the revisions to the origin.

All of which is my long-winded way of saying that I'd love to see more done with Darkhawk, but if/when it is, I'd like to see all of the various bits and pieces- new and old- tied together more organically, incorporating and respecting both, and then moving on to new Darkhawk stories, be they told with Chris/Darkhawk on Earth or in space.

Incredible Member

Darkhawk is one of those characters that has the potential to be something far greater than Marvel presently has him. War of Kings showed a great way he could have been utilized by opening the door for him to become part of Marvel’s cosmic universe and giving him an easily accessible rogue gallery in the form of the Fraternity of Raptors. Having him kill Lilandra was a big deal, or at the very least should have been considering how poorly it was handled, with that one move he pretty much destroyed the best chance they had to return her to the throne and stabilize the Shi’ar. It also brought him to the attention of several major groups wanting revenge that include the Guardians, Starjammers, and Shi’ar, not to mention brought him to the attention of the Nova Corp.

Marvel had effectively set him up to be a major player in the cosmic scene the same way they did with Richard Rider during Annihilation, rather than bringing him planetside so he could be turned into a joke during the event of Avengers Arena they should have left him where he was and made the most of Richard Riders absence at the end of Realm of Kings to make him one of the premier cosmic characters. There was ample opportunity for Chris to have a solo series dealing with him traversing the galaxy hunting down other Raptor amulets and fighting the Fraternity, add the fact that he (probably) is still a wanted fugitive for inadvertently assassinating Lilandra would have made for some great storylines dealing with him avoiding various law enforcement officials, bounty hunters, and the Shi’ar Imperial Guard. That wouldn’t even include any crossover/interactions he might have had with either the Guardians of the Galaxy or the Starjammers, provided he wasn’t incorporated into either group the (albeit unwarranted) animosity between Darkhawk and these groups could have made for some interesting interactions.

I do think them retconning both Evilhawk and Overhawk out of existence was a mistake, particularly with how much Evilhawk ties into Portal’s origins as well as Darkhawk’s. Both characters could have easily been reworked to have just been two Raptors that found their way to earth who’s host could have initially been resistant to the Raptor’s influence like Chris is, leading to both characters being renamed at the most to signify their Raptors finally taking control. Overhawk could have been particularly interesting since if I remember correctly he is a Raptor created through the use of a single host using two amulets at once, that really could have been interesting to see provided Marvel stuck to that aspect of the character or even just wound up making him the gesalt form of two other Raptors like Strel and Kyte.

I love Darkhawk. Did a profile for him since he was a part of the New Warriors.
    http://newwarriors.com/team_roster/t...ers_i/darkhawk

I am a bit behind in adding his post issues after V1 where he appeared in the Realm of Kings stuff:

http://newwarriors.com/synopsis/darkhawk-v1
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    I do think them retconning both Evilhawk and Overhawk out of existence was a mistake, particularly with how much Evilhawk ties into Portal’s origins as well as Darkhawk’s. Both characters could have easily been reworked to have just been two Raptors that found their way to earth who’s host could have initially been resistant to the Raptor’s influence like Chris is, leading to both characters being renamed at the most to signify their Raptors finally taking control. Overhawk could have been particularly interesting since if I remember correctly he is a Raptor created through the use of a single host using two amulets at once, that really could have been interesting to see provided Marvel stuck to that aspect of the character or even just wound up making him the gesalt form of two other Raptors like Strel and Kyte.
    I suspect that someone else, who is more familiar, or perhaps cares a little more, would redo the the Evilhawk and Overhawk. I think Evilhawk was taken out, because that's just an unfortunate and uncreative name for a villain...
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!