Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I suspect that someone else, who is more familiar, or perhaps cares a little more, would redo the the Evilhawk and Overhawk. I think Evilhawk was taken out, because that's just an unfortunate and uncreative name for a villain...
    Yeah I figured that was probably the case two but at the same time they could have just referred to Evilhawk by his actual name (Dargin Bokk) if they didn't want to give him a lame moniker like that, and even if they didn't want to like I already pointed out it wouldn't have been all that difficult to just say the Raptor inhabiting his amulet finally took control so they could just have him assume a name more in line with the rest of the Raptors. Hopefully they'll revisit the idea at some point when they finally get back around to using Darkhawk properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Yeah I figured that was probably the case two but at the same time they could have just referred to Evilhawk by his actual name (Dargin Bokk) if they didn't want to give him a lame moniker like that, and even if they didn't want to like I already pointed out it wouldn't have been all that difficult to just say the Raptor inhabiting his amulet finally took control so they could just have him assume a name more in line with the rest of the Raptors. Hopefully they'll revisit the idea at some point when they finally get back around to using Darkhawk properly.
    Oh, I agree with you. As you said, they could have went with Dargin Bokk. I am not entirely sure why they didn't, other to perhaps bring the focus solely on Darkhawk (before bringing in the other Raptors). It's slipping my mind, but during the Realm of Kings story - do they even include Portal's origin? Because his armor was pieced together - but apparently, if I remember correctly from the original Darkhawk series, he actually possessed the power to create portals himself - it had nothing to do with the armor? I might be mis-remembering however.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Incredible Member

Oh, I agree with you. As you said, they could have went with Dargin Bokk. I am not entirely sure why they didn't, other to perhaps bring the focus solely on Darkhawk (before bringing in the other Raptors). It's slipping my mind, but during the Realm of Kings story - do they even include Portal's origin? Because his armor was pieced together - but apparently, if I remember correctly from the original Darkhawk series, he actually possessed the power to create portals himself - it had nothing to do with the armor? I might be mis-remembering however.
    Portal is a mutant with the ability to create portals that allow him to move freely between dimensions, it was in one of these dimensions where he met Bokk and ended up killing another Raptor in self defense. That was the reason he was initially running around in patchwork Raptor armor since after he ripped the amulet out and killed his attacker he cannibalized the armor for protection before making the leap home. That was also why he was so traumatized when he first appeared in Darkhawk to the the point that he flat out attacked Chris without any provocation, whatever happened to him on the other side was so bad that he was suffering from a major case of PTS. Eventually they just had him become the director of ARMOR and pretty much forgot about anything about his past dealing with what happened during the events of the Darkhawk series.

BANNED

i miss dark hawk as well,one of my favorite issues was when he fought venom. he was definitely a good character but then again he was always considering a B list hero....

Quote Originally Posted by donmeca2020 View Post
    i miss dark hawk as well,one of my favorite issues was when he fought venom. he was definitely a good character but then again he was always considering a B list hero....
    He went up against Venom a few times!

I was wondering if Darkhawk had an appreciation thread (been thinking about that character a lot) - and lo and behold - he does! And I've replied to it (a long time ago!)

I can't believe there's only 3 pages of discussion for this character! What gives?!

I was wondering if Darkhawk had an appreciation thread (been thinking about that character a lot) - and lo and behold - he does! And I've replied to it (a long time ago!)

I can't believe there's only 3 pages of discussion for this character! What gives?!

I blame a lack of good stories and little exposure

There really HASN'T been anything for Darkhawk fans to talk about... War of Kings was the last one I saw... but that was in 2009 and it's main point was 'Everything you knew before doesn't count!!!' Which means I never actually finished it. (can't stand the inhumans OR Shiar... so that was a hard sell anyway)

Ohhh and Avengers Arena... but he was background for most of it, and the amulet that few people could access... was handed around to everyone... >.<

I'm a bit curious what or If he'll show up like next in the All-New Marvel... O.o

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I blame a lack of good stories and little exposure
    There really HASN'T been anything for Darkhawk fans to talk about... War of Kings was the last one I saw... but that was in 2009 and it's main point was 'Everything you knew before doesn't count!!!' Which means I never actually finished it. (can't stand the inhumans OR Shiar... so that was a hard sell anyway)
    Ohhh and Avengers Arena... but he was background for most of it, and the amulet that few people could access... was handed around to everyone... >.<
    I'm a bit curious what or If he'll show up like next in the All-New Marvel... O.o
    Granted the WAR OF KINGS did change Darkhawk and say that part of what he experienced was a delusion - but the end result of what they did to "update" (and upgrade) Darkhawk, I thought was VERY positive.

It's much better than in Runaways, where, as you said, his Amulet was being passed around like a desert tray...

I get you don't like the Shi'ar - but without spoiling it - something very bad happens to one of the key Shi'ar people. You might enjoy that.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Not a fan of what Annihilation stories did to the Darkhawk mythology. I really want to see a new New Warriors book with all of those 90's heroes that were introduced as the new teenage and kid heroes at the time and how they've become the adults now. Just explore then psychologically and the typical thing of how post college young adults start to them look down on teens, perpetuating a cycle. You'd have the classic New Warriors, Darkhawk, probably Rick Sheridan in there to bring in Sleepwalker, maybe a New Mutant or X-Force member or two.
    Darkhawk's whole power of if Chris gets hurt he can change into Darkhawk to heal and vice versa wasn't explored to nearly the extent it could have been, like what if Chris had a minor but irritating injury or a headache and started turning into Darkhawk to cure that, would there be repercussions, would that be considered an abuse of his powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    Not a fan of what Annihilation stories did to the Darkhawk mythology. I really want to see a new New Warriors book with all of those 90's heroes that were introduced as the new teenage and kid heroes at the time and how they've become the adults now. Just explore then psychologically and the typical thing of how post college young adults start to them look down on teens, perpetuating a cycle. You'd have the classic New Warriors, Darkhawk, probably Rick Sheridan in there to bring in Sleepwalker, maybe a New Mutant or X-Force member or two.

If THIS is what the post-Secret Wars Marvel was about... I'd be all for it. Erase some of the pointless slaughter that happened to my favorite teams... reset some poor stories... continue in a unique road...

Yeah... that sounds awesome.

I loved the original Darkhawk series... but there were elements of the original series that needed some serious work (Evilhawk, for example)...

I would have liked if the WAR OF KINGS addressed that (would have easily been explained with some tweaking as one of the Raptors)...

I thought the WAR OF KINGS at least explained the Darkhawk armor... and the idea that they were an organization was actually pretty cool.

And like I said, I loved the upgraded look and powers of Darkhawk thanks to War of Kings.

Reminded me of the upgraded look and power that NOVA got during the cosmic stuff, that really made him a much more house hold name (that Marvel has now squandered... for reasons beyond my understanding...)

With Darkhawk's new look (less boxy) and new power set, I would have thought that SOMEONE would have put use to him.

BANNED

Happy Birthday Danny Fingeroth!!!

Thank you for writing Darkhawk, Dazzler, Deadly Foes of Spider-Man and Lethal Foes of Spider-Man.

Have a GREAT day mr Fingeroth!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I loved the original Darkhawk series... but there were elements of the original series that needed some serious work (Evilhawk, for example)...

I would have liked if the WAR OF KINGS addressed that (would have easily been explained with some tweaking as one of the Raptors)...

I thought the WAR OF KINGS at least explained the Darkhawk armor... and the idea that they were an organization was actually pretty cool.

And like I said, I loved the upgraded look and powers of Darkhawk thanks to War of Kings.

Reminded me of the upgraded look and power that NOVA got during the cosmic stuff, that really made him a much more house hold name (that Marvel has now squandered... for reasons beyond my understanding...)

With Darkhawk's new look (less boxy) and new power set, I would have thought that SOMEONE would have put use to him.
    Especially with the angle they worked up for him in the War of Kings story. He is the most wanted man in the Shi'ar Empire for the death of Empress Lilandra, and yet not one writer has ever even touched on that. Why haven't the X-Men gone after him considering how many of them were friends with Lilandra? Then the way they ignored it completly with the hack job writing of Avengers Arena where the writer had no clue about how Darkhawk's power even worked and used him as a token plot device and it just gets worse. Bendis and Hickman destroyed everything cool about cosmic marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Especially with the angle they worked up for him in the War of Kings story. He is the most wanted man in the Shi'ar Empire for the death of Empress Lilandra, and yet not one writer has ever even touched on that. Why haven't the X-Men gone after him considering how many of them were friends with Lilandra? Then the way they ignored it completly with the hack job writing of Avengers Arena where the writer had no clue about how Darkhawk's power even worked and used him as a token plot device and it just gets worse. Bendis and Hickman destroyed everything cool about cosmic marvel.
    I could not agree more.

Spectacular Member

Bendis and Hickman destroying cosmic Marvel is so true. When they introduced the Raptors in War of Kings I was really excited. They were basically an evil version of the Nova Corps, but unlike the Lanterns in DC they were vastly different in look and powers. There was no reason for Darkhawk to be in Avengers Arena and being as strong as he was shown in WoK he never would have been captured by Arcade. I'm guessing Hopeless just grabbed a bunch of unused characters for AA to have extra characters to kill off. I'm hoping for a return of Darkhawk, with his full power set, searching for more of the Raptors' past.

The absolute best announcement so far, IMO, for post Secret Wars is Abnett writing a new Guardians book set in the current time so he can go and fix the problems that Bendis/Hickman have created.