Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I never thought of the Raptors as an evil version of the Nova Corps before, but man that sums them up perfect.

Such a wasted oportunity by Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by dvgravity View Post
    Bendis and Hickman destroying cosmic Marvel is so true. When they introduced the Raptors in War of Kings I was really excited. They were basically an evil version of the Nova Corps, but unlike the Lanterns in DC they were vastly different in look and powers. There was no reason for Darkhawk to be in Avengers Arena and being as strong as he was shown in WoK he never would have been captured by Arcade. I'm guessing Hopeless just grabbed a bunch of unused characters for AA to have extra characters to kill off. I'm hoping for a return of Darkhawk, with his full power set, searching for more of the Raptors' past.

The absolute best announcement so far, IMO, for post Secret Wars is Abnett writing a new Guardians book set in the current time so he can go and fix the problems that Bendis/Hickman have created.
    Indeed. And I don't know if the Raptors are considered "evil" - but more perhaps, "true neutral" - they just did whatever it took to set certain things in motion, no matter the consequence.

And if anyone can fix the mess Bendis & Hickman have created, it'd be Abnett...
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Maybe evil is not the right word true. More of they are working towards there own goals and will do anything to see it through no matter how questionable while the Nova Corps are peackeepers pure and simple.

They could be the Sinestro Corps to the Nova Corps Green Lanterns if Marvel was not so intent on making their universe seem so small these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Maybe evil is not the right word true. More of they are working towards there own goals and will do anything to see it through no matter how questionable while the Nova Corps are peackeepers pure and simple. They could be the Sinestro Corps to the Nova Corps Green Lanterns if Marvel was not so intent on making their universe seem so small these days.
    I was honestly hoping we'd be seeing a Nova Corps vs Raptors. Because that would have established a great team of villains for Nova and the Nova Corps.

But now the Raptors are in the void (as in forgotten) and Richard Rider remains "dead"...

Spectacular Member

Maybe evil wasn't the right word, but they definitely had an agenda. I would love if Abnett's Guardians of Infinity shed more light on the origins of both the Raptors and the Nova Corps. There really is no backstory for how or why either group was started.

Maybe evil wasn't the right word, but they definitely had an agenda. I would love if Abnett's Guardians of Infinity shed more light on the origins of both the Raptors and the Nova Corps. There really is no backstory for how or why either group was started.
    I'd love to see more of the NOVA CORPS that they introduced in the latest Richard Rider Nova (although the current Nova [Sam] states that the Nova Corps are wiped out... such a bad idea... I don't mind Sam as Nova, but I really dislike the idea of the Nova Corps being 'wiped' out... especially after all the work that went into building some of those characters up in Richard Rider's Nova series)... so seeing them go up against Raptors would be an awesome idea...

Perhaps with Sam's father wearing the original Nova garb, we might get to see something happen with the Nova Corps... and if we're lucky, see Darkhawk in there (although, I doubt anyone is going to give Darkhawk the proper treatment and respect of power he got from War of Kings)...

So yes, let's hope that Dan Abnett's Guardians of Infinity does something with the Raptors, and more so, perhaps brings in Darkhawk... I'd really love that...

Spectacular Member

How does Sam know what happened to the other Novas that Rider found? Also where his Sam's dad Jesse getting a second Nova helmet? Questions we will never get answered since they are pushing this whiny kid when they already had solid characters.

Hoping Abnett brings back not just Rider and Darkhawk, but Mantis, Quasar, Adam Warlock, and Cosmo. I'd like to see Bug too but I think he's owned by another company.

BANNED

Bendis and Hickman destroying cosmic Marvel is so true. When they introduced the Raptors in War of Kings I was really excited. They were basically an evil version of the Nova Corps, but unlike the Lanterns in DC they were vastly different in look and powers. There was no reason for Darkhawk to be in Avengers Arena and being as strong as he was shown in WoK he never would have been captured by Arcade. I'm guessing Hopeless just grabbed a bunch of unused characters for AA to have extra characters to kill off. I'm hoping for a return of Darkhawk, with his full power set, searching for more of the Raptors' past.

The absolute best announcement so far, IMO, for post Secret Wars is Abnett writing a new Guardians book set in the current time so he can go and fix the problems that Bendis/Hickman have created.
    I really hope he returns. I think New Avengers is the best team for him to join.

How does Sam know what happened to the other Novas that Rider found? Also where his Sam's dad Jesse getting a second Nova helmet? Questions we will never get answered since they are pushing this whiny kid when they already had solid characters. Hoping Abnett brings back not just Rider and Darkhawk, but Mantis, Quasar, Adam Warlock, and Cosmo. I'd like to see Bug too but I think he's owned by another company.
    I believe Marvel owns Bug. Bug was in the Micronauts, but was (if I remember correctly), and original creation, so I believe the rights fall on Marvel. (Sort of like the Dire Wraith in the ROM series).

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I really hope he returns. I think New Avengers is the best team for him to join.
    I'd like to see him in a Guardians book, because exploring space and potential Raptor stories could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I believe Marvel owns Bug. Bug was in the Micronauts, but was (if I remember correctly), and original creation, so I believe the rights fall on Marvel. (Sort of like the Dire Wraith in the ROM series).
    Marvel owns the rights to most of the characters they created in the Micronauts book except the ones that were based on toys. The ones they don't own are Acroyear, Baron Karza, Biotron, Microtron, Force Commander, Pharoid, and the Time Travlers.

So Marvel has the rights to Bug, Marionette, Arcturus Rann, Huntarr, Devil, Fireflyte, Lady Slug, Cilicia, Scion, and Solitaire along with others.

Marvel could keep their version of Acroyear with his history intact if they just gave him new armour and a new name like instead of him being Acroyear he is now called Spartak or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I'd love to see more of the NOVA CORPS that they introduced in the latest Richard Rider Nova (although the current Nova [Sam] states that the Nova Corps are wiped out... such a bad idea... I don't mind Sam as Nova, but I really dislike the idea of the Nova Corps being 'wiped' out... especially after all the work that went into building some of those characters up in Richard Rider's Nova series)... so seeing them go up against Raptors would be an awesome idea...

Perhaps with Sam's father wearing the original Nova garb, we might get to see something happen with the Nova Corps... and if we're lucky, see Darkhawk in there (although, I doubt anyone is going to give Darkhawk the proper treatment and respect of power he got from War of Kings)...

So yes, let's hope that Dan Abnett's Guardians of Infinity does something with the Raptors, and more so, perhaps brings in Darkhawk... I'd really love that...
    I wonder how he's going to get powered up as a gold Nova? These black Nova's the power seems to be in the helmet, but the golds, don't you have to be given the power by World mind or another centurion?

But back to Darkhawk..... Would love to see him back again. Maybe he can show up in that cosmic avengers team being put together?

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I wonder how he's going to get powered up as a gold Nova? These black Nova's the power seems to be in the helmet, but the golds, don't you have to be given the power by World mind or another centurion?
    But back to Darkhawk..... Would love to see him back again. Maybe he can show up in that cosmic avengers team being put together?
    Yes, the golds needed the World Mind... So... (But when has continuity mattered to Marvel in the last 20 years?)

Yes, I'd like to see Darkhawk - in his WOK outfit - and finally getting some real respect.

I'll give a shout out to Darkhawk

Started liking him when I read New Warriors.
    I'd love to see him working with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

One of my favorite images of him.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post

One of my favorite images of him.

That is a cool image. I don't even recognize where it's from?

The one guy looks like the bull-guy that was a part of Cable's - what was it? - Six Pack?

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post

Honestly, I've never seen the appeal of putting him in space :-/

He started out as a very down to earth kid... his powers were cool but modest. His driving force was finding his dad and protecting his family. It was around the Amulet Quest story that they separated Chris from Darkhawk and shovedhim in space and boosted his powers... and he's kind of spiraled out of control (and interest) ever since.

When he was grounded on Earth with a distinct purpose... he was at the top of his game!