Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Meanwhile the Darkhawk amulet is just trading hands for the rest of the series to a bunch of kids with no idea how to use it.
    It was just only two who held the DH Amulet......Chase Stein of the Runaways and Cammie, who was the (and recently rejoined her) partner Drax the Destroyer.

There's a rumor floating that Darkhawk is going to be appearing in a new series... (not sure as a main character)... with his costume... changed... again... for the worse...
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

can we just go back to the OG Dark Hawk. He was perfect in the 90s
    Last edited by Jabare; 10-04-2016 at 05:55 PM.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Agreed!

Everything they've done with Darkhawk since the Amulet Quest where they split Chris and Hawk and 'upgraded' his armor... has made me like the character less and less. I'm always a fan of those mid-tier characters with limited abilities (Glide not fly, Shield only covers the front, Hawk heals/Chris can't) that they use in awesome creative ways... then just a generic 'power upgrade'. Everything from last half of the solo book, to loners, to War of Kings has just been one pointless upgrade after another.

Let's actually see him USE the abilities he HAS rather just pull the upgrade trope again. Half of his appearances may as well been a brand new character rather than claiming he's 'Darkhawk'.

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Double agreed!!

Although I did really like him in, what was it, The Loners or something?

As for him being in a new book, I have so little faith in Marvel at the moment that I'm more worried than excited. Knowing current Marvel, Chris will be in issue 1 long enough to die and pass the powers onto a person with more """diversity""".
    Last edited by JoeWithoutFear; 10-05-2016 at 10:54 PM.
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    As for him being in a new book, I have so little faith in Marvel at the moment that I'm more worried than excited. Knowing current Marvel, Chris will be in issue 1 long enough to die and pass the powers onto a person with more """diversity""".
    Sadly, it's exactly how I feel.

I collect ONE Marvel book. Uncanny X-Men. And that's because it's Bunn. And it has a well written Sabretooth.

10 years ago, if my present self had gone back in time and told me, "One day you will hate what Marvel is doing and only collect one title; while devouring all of the New 52 from DC and all the books from DC's Rebirth and loving it!" I'd hit my future self, because it'd be so outlandish, as 10 years ago, I collected 1 DC book (Titans) and about 20 Marvel books.

Oh, how the times have changed...
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Incredible Member

In the interview of Gerry Duggan about new comic Guardians of the Galaxy:

There are going to be whole pieces of space that don't recognize the Nova Corps, and they have their own law. The Shi'ar have the Raptors and why are they less legitimate than the Nova Corps? Depending on what quadrant you're in, that's a complicated space in ways that make it feel like a cool little Western.
    Will Raptors appear?

BANNED

Darkhawk #10 Dec 1991
    Heart of the Hawk, Part 1: Eyewitness

Grace Powell indicts Philippe Bazin; Jason Powell is injured in the explosion of Grace's car, which has a Beware the Curse of the Darkhawk note on it

Four assassins from the 1400 Club attack Julius Malone, the star witness in the Bazin trial; Darkhawk defeats them but Malone dies of a heart attack during the fight

Outside of the Bazin trial, Chris sees his Dad with Harry Lennox; Tombstone seemingly kills St. Johnny at the amusement park

Script by Danny Fingeroth, pencils by Mike Manley, inks by Mike Manley and Ricardo Villagran

BANNED

Darkhawk #11 Jan 1992
    Heart of the Hawk, Part 2: Heart of Stone

Darkhawk and Tombstone fight at the amusement park and Tombstone has the upper hand; The former Darkhawk temporarily saves Darkhawk and explains about the curse

The former Darkhawk flees and Tombstone pulls the amulet out of Darkhawk's chest

Meanwhile, Allegra Bazin and Cheryl Colon fight as the trial of Philippe Bazin continues; Allegra seems to realize that her father is as bad as the prosecutor says and attacks Cheryl in order to get bad publicity; Mike Powell chases off a thug who is trying to finish off Jason, who is still in the hospital

Script by Danny Fingeroth, pencils by Mike Manley, inks by Ricardo Villagran

BANNED

Darkhawk #12 Feb 1992
    Heart of the Hawk, Part 3: Masks

Tombstone has pulled the amulet out of Darkhawk's chest and is about to kill Darkhawk when Saint Johnny grows a weapon from his arm and shoots Tombstone...

...who then flees; Darkhawk is oozing green fluid from the hole in his chest and cannot turn back into Chris Powell;
    Broderick Bazin testifies agains his father who is conflicted; Savage Steel breaks into the courthouse to execute Bazin and Darkhawk breaks in and stops him easily.

Bazin is escaping in a helicopter when Mike Powell grabs the ladder and they both fly away; Harry Lennox is inside the Savage Steel armor when the mask is removed.

Script by Danny Fingeroth, pencils by Mike Manley, inks by Ricardo Villagran

Yep!! Those are MY dawkhawk! #10 was the first one I ever bought, and I think they still had #5, 7 and 8 too so I scooped them up too. then spent forever it seemed tracking down down the rest at comic shows in the mall... Something they just don't do anymore

Ahhh well... fond memories ^_^

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

I really miss that character..... and how Marvel used to write comics.....
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

BANNED

Will that sort of writing return come autumn 2017? Fingers crossed!

BANNED

Issue 5 and 7 featured the first appearances of 616 Portal and 616 Lodestone!
    I 've never seen the Lodestone character pop up in any other marvel comic since

BANNED

Honestly, I wasn't so enamored by the Raptors last time they appeared.