View Poll Results: Who is Wonder Woman's Arch-Nemesis?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ares

16 18.82%
  • Circe

13 15.29%
  • Cheetah

39 45.88%
  • First Born

3 3.53%
  • Other(Please Specify)

4 4.71%
  • She doesn't have an arch-nemesis.

10 11.76%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    To me Cheetah is Wonder Woman's arch enemy. Ares is her big bad (her Darkseid or Ras al Ghul). Circe and Dr. Cyber are both respected members of he rogues gallery.
    Circe is her equivalent to Brainiac IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-Love View Post
    I think you hit the nail on the head with that. I feel like you've settled the debate.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    I decided to vote Fis Born because the question is in the present tense, and the First Born is the archnemesis for Volume IV (at least so far.) Looking at the whole history of the character, I'd say her archenemy has been Mars/Ares. He was her first enemy in Volumes I and II, and he's been a mastermind who directs other, lesser enemies.
    Color me shocked that you would pick an answer for this question as one of Azz's creations

I think that an arch nemesis might have to go on for more than one storyline, even if that storyline got dragged out for two years in the First Borns case.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-Love View Post
    Circe, WW's Brainiac. Something like that...yes.

Cheetah, Cassandra the Mad, Giganta, Queen Clea and Blue Snowman? We've almost got another Villainy, Inc., here.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Six years later, I'm interested to see what people think about this. I mean, it definitely seems like Cheetah is now the uncontested archenemy of Wonder Woman.

For myself, I lament the lack of Doctor Psycho…
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I often feel she has three nemesis. Cheetah being her mirror, Ares being maybe slightly generally one. With Circe she is more of Hippolyta’s nemisis.

Circe, IMO
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Cheetah by virtue of pop culture and the one a lot of DC writers push as.

Though I agree with others in that I think Ares and Circe work better. At least as maybe Brainiac. Zod, or Ra's al Ghul level threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Six years later, I'm interested to see what people think about this. I mean, it definitely seems like Cheetah is now the uncontested archenemy of Wonder Woman.
    If by “arch” we mean her most well known villain yeah it’s Cheetah. But I can’t help but feel like Cheetah is ill suited to the role of arch. There’s no deeper ideological conflict between Cheetah and Diana like there is between say Joker/Batman, Superman/Lex, Cap/Red Skull, and Cheetah also lacks the personal hatred that Spidey/Green Goblin, F4/Doom, or Flash/Reverse Flash have. You can absolutely give that to her, but the problem is also that current Cheetah is a tragic villain. She is Diana’s Two-Face, the former friend who was corrupted and may not be able to be saved. To give Diana a reason to hate her would inevitably rob her of that sympathetic aspect. But I’m at a loss for what the ideological conflict could be. For me personally I think Circe still has the most potential for being crafted into an arch, and I hope she shows up in WW3 if that gets made.

Cheetah, but it really should be Circe. She has better stories, she's the main villain in all of WW crossovers (even if we like to pretend that Amazons Attack never happened) and her villainous schemes had some actual serious consequences for Diana.

Circe, at the job of nemesis she's better than all the rest.

I don’t know doesn’t Circe work more of Hippolyta’s enemy ?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I don’t know doesn’t Circe work more of Hippolyta’s enemy ?
    Not really? I know there’s sometimes some grudge between the two depending on the continuity, but Hippolyta doesn’t really do anything besides sit on Themyscaria and worry about Diana. Diana is the one who foils Circe’s plots in the modern day. That’s not to say the Diana/Circe relationship couldn’t start out from Circe seeing Diana as a way to get back at the Amazons, but after Diana kicks her *** for the 50th time it’s going to become personal.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I think Circe's motivation in the DCAU being a grudge against Hippolyta and taking it out on Diana is partially where the perception comes from, in addition to her Golden Age story having her be banished by Hippolyta.
    Establishing a rivalry between the two couldn't hurt IMO. It's a much more straight forward motivation than what Circe typically has, when she even has one at all.

I think Circe should be to Hippolyta what Barbara is to Diana. And she of course develops a complex rivalry with Diana herself over time.