Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Niffleheim

Default All Isolationist Kingdoms destroyed -- Where is this all going?

I think it begun with Atlantis, Attilan, then recently it was Wakanda and now from the AXIS #6 solicits Latveria seems to be next. Does anyone know why Marvel is doing this?
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-08-2014 at 11:53 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

*insert conspiracy theories rant*

New World Order baby.Bow down to SHIELD and it's world government plans.No more isolationist nation-states!!!

*close conspiracy theories rant*

" I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Sorry, I really and genuinely could not resist.
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Niffleheim

lol! I guess I will just have to wait and see then
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

High School DxD has also an world revolution song I didn't found that intro in the net ^^

To the topic no it is only a habit from authors which usually kept in check by the editors but .............Marvel's editors have deceit to do nothing any more ~.~

It's been going on for a while.

I mean, Wolverine dead, Avengers Arena, Age of Apocalypse destroyed, Spider-Verse getting rid of most Spider-Men, Secret Wars possibly destroying the Multiverse, end of Ultimate Universe, the Watcher dying, the Living Tribunal dead.

Marvel is burning everything down, but why?

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post

I mean, Wolverine dead, Avengers Arena, Age of Apocalypse destroyed, Spider-Verse getting rid of most Spider-Men, Secret Wars possibly destroying the Multiverse, end of Ultimate Universe, the Watcher dying, the Living Tribunal dead.

In some way this is since CW so mainly because people buying this stuff. I suspect around the time of battleworld things will be start ugly because of that there is some limit(or their must be) how much you can burn down your comicverse with out having major lose of comic sales.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    I think it begun with Atlantis, Attilan, then recently it was Wakanda and now from the AXIS #6 solicits Latveria seems to be next. Does anyone know why Marvel is doing this?
    Maybe this time, the descruction of Latveria will stick, since it's not the first time that country has been destroyed (and rebuilted) within the MU.
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 11-08-2014 at 02:11 PM.

Niffleheim

Ah really I didn't know that thanks PaxHouse... I guess I'm just overreacting over nothing that my favorite Marvel unique settings are being destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Ah really I didn't know that thanks PaxHouse... I guess I'm just overreacting over nothing that my favorite Marvel unique settings are being destroyed.
    Nah, sadly part of it seems character driven.

I suspect certain editorial/executive forces have gotten it into their heads that guys like T'Challa and Namor are more interesting when they don't have nations backing them up. I'm surprised they go that route with Doom but we all know that is unlikely to stick anyway. Although it is a bit of a reverse with Medusa, someone at Marvel must have liked her and being solo Queen of the NuHumans without Blackbbolt or the space traveling city and her struggles with that are obviously just another way to push her forward. To be fair it worked out pretty well when she was Queen of the Kree and had most of the major space empires either under her thumb after War of Kings before they hit the reset button presumably for this exact Earth based set up.

I could hope this is a reflection of Marvel growing less interested in the weird romanticization of absolute monarchies. But more likely, it's just stuff that they think would be cool to do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post

Come on, only like four people died in Arena.

iMan 42s

With the Black panther and in inhumans movie coming I am confident they will be back in some form. Wakanda will rebuild and we will see the inhumans return with a movie design. However just because the design stuff worked for ironman doesn't make it work everywhere else there needs to be a limit.

What does this mean for Wakanda though? That is one of the most technologically advanced places in the Marvel universe. What happens when the big brains in Wakanda can't solve the issue?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Come on, only like four people died in Arena.
    None of whom were particularly important.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    None of whom were particularly important.
    Please, as if Iron Man has done anything interesting ever.