Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Anything's possible I suppose. I hope posters will judge it by whether it's well done rather than give it the kind of pistol-whipping that Marvel's Agents of SHIELD got for not being the show they wanted written or for not including every trope they wanted to see.

Personally, I think there's a lot of cool stuff that could be done with this, even before we talk about comics easter eggs. Set as it is in the late '40's, this is the era of Flemming's Bond (not the film imitations). I'll be interested to see how much of that the show runners draw from, as well as from derivative heirs like The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Danger Man, and Mission: Impossible (although, admittedly those came well after the time period that Agent Carter will be set in).

It's interesting to me also to see this greenlit now. I have no doubt that Disney and Marvel Studios are banking on the buzz around the latest Captain America film and the Agent Carter Marvel One-Shot to draw interest. However, with The Americans getting a second season, and the recent resurgence of the Russian Federation, I wonder if they're also banking on a certain amount of American nostalgia for the Cold War?
    It's a great setting, one that we don't see often from Marvel. Post war, the golden age of Nazi hunting, the early years of the Cold War, the era in which many legacy villains were either going into hiding or trying to hold on to the power they had. The Agents of Atlas and the Mystery Men boy would make sense, Union Jack would make sense, Blade would make sense, any Golden age heroes/villains or Invaders would make sense... a LOT of material to mine. And Carter herself is a character hat is often glossed over due to being pre-Captain-Icicle and therefore is ripe with narrative potential. And the whole super spy setting up SHIELD with Iron Dad as her Q is just damn awesome! It should be fantastic and a great compliment not just to SHIELD, but the whole MCU. I'm very excited!

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Personally, I think there's a lot of cool stuff that could be done with this, even before we talk about comics easter eggs. Set as it is in the late '40's, this is the era of Flemming's Bond (not the film imitations). I'll be interested to see how much of that the show runners draw from, as well as from derivative heirs like The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Danger Man, and Mission: Impossible (although, admittedly those came well after the time period that Agent Carter will be set in).
    The last ep of AoS had Trip bringing in his grandfather's Howling Commando's gear. I got a kick out of stuff like laser cigarettes. I kind of wonder if his unnamed grandfather might be used as a bridge between the series? Odds are the black guy is the black guy's grandfather but just in case that actor won't do it, they could reveal him to be anyone and then be seen working with Agent Carter.