Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'm more curious as to what's happening with Katie. That cover is rather ominous-looking (and the solicits don't sound good either).
    Considering we're still on the Osborn plot I wonder how much of the issue will end up actually dedicated to Katie's plot.

BANNED

This fight scene has gone on for far too long now. The past 3 issues could've been done in 1. There's been little-to-no characterisation, hardly any plot advancement and we still know next to nothing about these new characters. Marquez is doing great work as usual but having seen the same few characters duke it out issue after issue, it's getting too familiar. Also, Bendis' Norman needs work.

This arc just needs to finish so we can move on to hopefully greener pastures. Books like these make me wish I bought trades.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Notice how Peter is visible when osborn is talking about strings. If Peter was found in a lab then what purpose? What if Peter realizes how powerful he has truly become if he cannot die. Also consider Peters attire. It seems to me like a dead giveaway for scarlet spider but if that wasn't enough Kaine in the ultimate universe wore a pseudo version of Ben Reillys outfit.

Kaine was deformed and flawed mentally speaking. He would certainly think he is the real Peter and considering his mental instability he probably can't make webshooters. Ever wonder why Peter simply didn't make new ones? If he lacked money well what has he been doing to feed himself for so long? So if he could've he certainly would've. Also why didn't Peter just return to his family? Simple. It is not Peter. He studied up on who the real one was or was implanted with false memories or memories from the real ones corpse and that's how he knows of recent events.

Shield before becoming disbanded had possession of the scorpion clone but it makes more sense for Kaine as shield would've rounded up the corpses of the fallen spiders and found they regenerated. It also fits with the so called ultimate scarlet spider rumored back around ultimate 200. Being two spider men and one not only where's a red outfit, has a scarlet spider sort of civilians garb, a need of special web shooters and the fact he had apparently been in exile since his apparent death makes sense as it does line up with Ben Reilly. Hydra took the corpse and whatever spider shield had and used them for the other spiderman.
    Isn't he wearing the normal Spider-Man outfit? Mental instability what? I'm pretty sure that when you're considered dead and you just woke up in an abandoned facility you're not exactly in the best position to come up with new webshooters (besides Peter does make a good point in the previous issue on what the webshooters mean to him).
    Last edited by jgprime; 11-09-2014 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    Miles using another venom strike on Osborn, who would've guessed that?
    Uhh nah that looked more like a punch in the face then a venom blast. Plus if u have a power why not use it? Its like wolverine not using his claws.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by afrogeek View Post
    Uhh nah that looked more like a punch in the face then a venom blast. Plus if u have a power why not use it? Its like wolverine not using his claws.
    After the punch Miles clearly uses the venom blast to Normans chest. It is kind of repetitive, but it makes sense from Miles' perspective. It would just be nice to see him take down villains using other methods.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    After the punch Miles clearly uses the venom blast to Normans chest. It is kind of repetitive, but it makes sense from Miles' perspective. It would just be nice to see him take down villains using other methods.
    He has taken down villains using other methods, it's just people forget when he does because it's more normalized. People don't notice when he takes out the giantess with a kick to the face because it's a kick to the face, slugging is what most people do. The venom blast, however, is his trademark, and as such is much more noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    He has taken down villains using other methods, it's just people forget when he does because it's more normalized. People don't notice when he takes out the giantess with a kick to the face because it's a kick to the face, slugging is what most people do. The venom blast, however, is his trademark, and as such is much more noticeable.
    Word of god says he's also a worse fighter than Peter, so it makes sense he'd value powerset over skills.

BANNED

The Venom blast is sweet, imo; maybe it needs it own thread because it's clearly polarizing...

I'm curious what exactly Miles' two handed blast to Norman is gonna to do this time.

and I can't wait to get into this Katie Bishop stuff, hopefully it brings original villains for Spidey

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    Miles using another venom strike on Osborn, who would've guessed that?
    What panel does he use venom blast? I just see a punch to the face.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DayDreamer009 View Post
    What panel does he use venom blast? I just see a punch to the face.
    there are more pages in the preview in the link posted in the op

MMULTSM2014007-int2-6-eb19d.jpg
    Last edited by Heisennerd; 11-10-2014 at 10:48 AM.

Thanks I didn't see that in OP.

BANNED

Well I just read this, I'll give a quick rundown of the story for those who want it;

spoilers:

• Miles uses Venom Strike on Norman
    • Norman jumps away to leave
    • Pete throws Miles the web shooter he took so that Miles can chase Norman
    • Miles knocks Norman back to the ground, cue ass-kicking from Miles and Pete
    • Norman burns out and collapses to the ground
    • Maria Hill burns Norman's body in an effort to stop him coming back (yay!)
    • The 2 spideys and supporting cast go to an abandoned warehouse and discuss what's happened
    • Pete takes off his costume and tells Aunt May he has to go figure stuff out
    • He then gives Miles his blessing in taking up the Spider-mantle, and they shake hands
    • Cut to Katie Bishop, who's been watching the news
    • Her parents come into the room, turns out they're affiliated with Hydra
    • Pete and MJ have a chat, and then drive off into the sunset
    • Ganke wakes Miles up the next day, Jefferson is back!

end of spoilers

We didn't get our answers about Pete, but ah well. Quite a lot happened in this one issue, although we could've used less fighting and more talk at the end. But overall it was a pretty good ending to a mediocre arc.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I wasn't a particular fan of the repeating the same beatdown fight we saw a few issues early (feels like we could have cut some corners and made this a five or six issue arc honestly), but I still enjoyed it and had a good time. I'm really pumped about seeing where the comic goes next from here. Time to a write a review now...

Also, that page with you know who. Just... wow. It certainly explains the behavior and dialogue from a particular character in a previous issue.

spoilers:
    Yea I really gotta say that a lot of the issue felt like padding considering just how much we had Osborn beaten down only to transform and fight again. And the Kate Bishop reveal of her parents being Hydra felt just anticlimactic after all the anticipation and buildup. Good job to Hill though with at least attempting to destroy Osborn's body while he's dead.

I have to wonder what Bendis'll do with Peter and MJ now after the ending with them driving off. Though I really hope he handles it better than he did with Jessica after the Clone Saga and we actually get to see Peter more than once in a blue moon.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

I hope the next arc is better! =)