Default X-Men Season One

Friend of mine just gave me a copy of this. What's the general consensus? Is it canon? I know there's reviews online but I figured it's best to canvas opinion here.

BANNED

If you know the history you will learn nothing new from them. They basically took the origins and updated them with a more current artist and updated speech/background to make them more modern. They were meant to be canon (based on the intial announcement)but I think the sales of the titles ended up making them more "one-shot" ideas. The books I read were solid, but they were nothing spectacular. The Thor Season one was the only one I wholly enjoyed. Larraz puts out stellar art and the story was quite original.
    I think the idea behind the Season One was in the right vien to keep the foundation the charaters they were built around and their history but move them forward in time to so that what they experienced before the current status-quo was more relevant and more welcoming to a new/newer reader.
    X-men was not bad, the season books (IMO) are more for people who have had little history or do not know the origins of the characters presented. You got the book free though, enjoy it!
    Season One seemed somewhat "undone" buy the first issues of ANXM as the NuX were still clearly in the sixties based on how they dressed.
    I hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    If you know the history you will learn nothing new from them. They basically took the origins and updated them with a more current artist and updated speech/background to make them more modern. They were meant to be canon (based on the intial announcement)but I think the sales of the titles ended up making them more "one-shot" ideas. The books I read were solid, but they were nothing spectacular. The Thor Season one was the only one I wholly enjoyed. Larraz puts out stellar art and the story was quite original.
    I think the idea behind the Season One was in the right vien to keep the foundation the charaters they were built around and their history but move them forward in time to so that what they experienced before the current status-quo was more relevant and more welcoming to a new/newer reader.
    X-men was not bad, the season books (IMO) are more for people who have had little history or do not know the origins of the characters presented. You got the book free though, enjoy it!
    Season One seemed somewhat "undone" buy the first issues of ANXM as the NuX were still clearly in the sixties based on how they dressed.
    I hope that helps.
    Great stuff, thanks! I'm not exactly a noob so the origins are familiar. But like you say, I got it for free!