Default Spider-Man: Kraven's Last Hunt Prose Novel

We all know what happened in KLH, but this novel really digs deep and makes it's own mark in the story. For the record it wouldn't fit with either Pre-OMD or post-OMD, yet it stands on it's own. The narration goes between Vermin, Kraven, Peter, and Mary Jane. There's a bit of redundant lines in the novel but it's really enjoyable if you give it a chance.

If you don't like comics being written as a novel I get it, but this really is an interesting read for any Spider-Man fan.

EDIT: Heres the interview with the author
    http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...ens-last-hunt/
    Last edited by Aruran.; 10-02-2014 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Added a link

BANNED

Are there pictures?

More seriously, does it stray far? And are the Vermin parts in some weird first-person?

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Are there pictures?

More seriously, does it stray far? And are the Vermin parts in some weird first-person?
    The entire book is a constant third-person with first person dialogue and thoughts. Like you get a description of a ton of things, along with the thoughts of certain characters (mainly the four I listed above).

It's honestly entertain on how this novel works. We all know Kraven's Last Hunt, but Neil Kleid takes those main big plot points and puts in a new take. A lot of it really deals with how Peter and MJ's relationship is, what Vermin is, and Kraven's mind in this story. It doesn't stray far in certain areas, but it adds a lot of depth to areas that weren't addressed originally.

But the main problem for you might be that there's only 1 small pictures for each section.

Could this be a cool gift idea to someone who really isn't interested in reading comics, but reads like, Stephen King horror novels every now and then?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Is this new? Never heard of it and have a holiday coming up.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post
    Could this be a cool gift idea to someone who really isn't interested in reading comics, but reads like, Stephen King horror novels every now and then?
    Umm I dunno. Heres a link of the author explaining the story

I never read a Stephen King novel before so I can't compare. There are a couple of dark moments, and obvious Kraven's suicide is one of them. But the ending is a happy one, so I don't think so. It's hard for me to say it's a horror when you know how the story worked before reading the novel, but it's more of a dark tale of several people in a 2 week span.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    Umm I dunno. Heres a link of the author explaining the story

I never read a Stephen King novel before so I can't compare. There are a couple of dark moments, and obvious Kraven's suicide is one of them. But the ending is a happy one, so I don't think so. It's hard for me to say it's a horror when you know how the story worked before reading the novel, but it's more of a dark tale of several people in a 2 week span.
    Thanks for the link. Seems like it could do the trick.

Super Moderator

Default Neil Kleid Revisits "Kraven's Last Hunt" in Spider-Man Prose Novel

The writer talks with ROBOT 6 about the challenges, and the benefits, of adapting the classic 1980s Spider-Man storyline for prose.

Full article here.

BANNED

I like the way this sounds. We always need a strong Peter/MJ story in the market besides just the dailes, even if it is a retelling.

This caught my eye also:

Eespecially if that reader was, like me when the original issues came out, coming of age and moving away from adolescence.
    A pity the characters have shifted right back into that in the Mephistoverse slop
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 10-04-2014 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    I like the way this sounds. It does'nt have Peter and MJ married but does'nt seem based in 616 eithe what with Peter revealing to MJ his identity.
    A pity the characters have shifted right back into that in the Mephistoverse slop
    I liked it, and I wanna point out it doesn't really follow any set continuity having read the whole novel. Really this isn't even close 616 because of the changes they made.
    The entire situation going into the story is different, but the ending is the same.

BANNED

Awesome. Any alternative to 616 is an instant buy from me.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default Kraven's Last Hunt Prose Novel?

Anyone else read this yet? I gather they changed some stuff like MJ being his girlfriend instead of his wife but otherwise this is probably my favourite Spider-Man story of all time and I'm curious as to how well they adapted it in prose form compared to the other adaptions like Civil War and New Avengers Breakout I've read or heard.

BANNED

Very curious to read it, myself.

BANNED

I asked about this a few weeks earlier and someone highly recommended it.