Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    BANNED

I'd really like the title to continue after the guest appearance of the Slingers. Not only for Betty to show up but also to see her reaction of Rick Jones' death.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Unfortunately, Betty was depowered by Doc Green in Gerry Duggan's Hulk run, where thanks to an injection of Extremis to save Bruce Banner's life from a bullet to his brain, the Hulk developed a new personality with Bruce Banner's intelligence that determined that the only way to prevent a future apocalypse caused by gamma-powered beings was to be the only gamma-powered being in existence.
    Ah, thank you so much, friend Huntsman Spider!

I had no idea. Such a shame because I really liked RsH's power and uninhibited personality.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I'd really like the title to continue after the guest appearance of the Slingers. Not only for Betty to show up but also to see her reaction of Rick Jones' death.
    I would like that, too. I mean, first Bruce, and now Rick? Betty must be so torn up, especially since both of those deaths were orchestrated if not carried out by someone (masquerading as someone) everyone in the hero community and general public trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ah, thank you so much, friend Huntsman Spider!

I had no idea. Such a shame because I really liked RsH's power and uninhibited personality.
    You're welcome, and it's definitely a shame. I mean, if Rick's nanite-based depowering came with the side effect of making him super-intelligent, then what beneficial side effects might've come from Betty's depowering? That's something I'd like to see, too, especially if she eventually figured out how to flush the nanites out of her system and become Red She-Hulk again.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Talking Happy 55th Anniversary 616 Elizabeth "Betty" Ross!!! 1962-2017

Incredible Hulk #1 May 1962
    The first appearance of Betty Ross in "The Coming of the Hulk"

The government tests their new Gamma Bomb which transforms Dr. Bruce Banner, the creator of the Gamma Bomb, into the man-brute known as the Incredible Hulk.

The creature's only allies are Rick Jones and Betty Ross, Thunderbolt's daughter and Banner's one true love.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Paul Reinman.

BANNED

Incredible Hulk #2 Jul 1962
    First appearance of the green Hulk and the Toad Men in "The Terror of the Toad Men"
    Part One – Enter the Toad Men
    The Hulk (now green in color) is seen staggering out of a swamp by a local police officer who races off to alert the town that the monster is nearby.
    The Hulk responds to the local’s attempts to subdue him with violence but is eventually coaxed off the battlefield by Rick Jones.
    Meanwhile, the Earth is about to get several strange new visitors (the Toad Men) who armed with advanced magnetic technology beyond human understanding
    use a 'magnetic grappler' to lock on to Dr. Banner’s vast scientific mind and land nearby to capture him.
    Their intention is to capture the smartest man on the planet and force him to reveal how far the planet has come technologically.

Bruce and Rick meanwhile are witnessed by Betty Ross and her father, going off..

..to prepare an underground cave with an isolation chamber in which to trap the Hulk each night before the transformation occurs.
    Suddenly their process is interrupted when they are captured by the toad men from outer space!

Part Two – Prisoners of the Toad Men!
    Trapped by the toad men's magnetic ray guns, Bruce and Rick are transported to the toad men’s spaceship and rocketed out of Earth’s atmosphere.
    Captain Torrak of the toad men explains that Bruce and Rick are his prisoners and that Earth is surrounded by their invincible fleet.
    Demanding the technological knowledge of the Earth he threatens to use their magnetic powers to knock cities free of the planet’s crust,
    empty the world’s oceans of life, or root everyone to the ground preventing them from moving.

The toad men realizing that Rick is of no value and transport him safely back to Earth but as the ship moves to the dark side of the Earth,
    the transformation begins and Bruce Banner once again becomes the brutish Hulk. The Hulk breaks free of his confinement and attacks his captors
    and realizes that with the toad men’s weaponry, he could wipe out all of mankind once and for all. Just then the U.S. Anti-Missile Base below detects the ship
    in the night sky and fires on it and the UFO crashes to the ground as General Ross and his men surround it.

Part Three – Bruce Banner, Wanted for Treason
    As the military officers move in to investigate the crashed ship, a bedraggled Bruce Banner stumbles free and the surviving toad men escape via a tunnel they blast under their ship.
    Bruce Banner is then taken into custody and once in the clear the toad men on the surface send a flare into the sky to signal their armada to attack.
    The sky soon fills with the ships of the toad men fleet from outer space.

Part Four – Hulk Runs Amok
    The toad king contacts the Earth and warns humanity that his forces are preparing to shift the moon toward Earth using their magnetic powers.
    This will eventually lead to the destruction of Earth unless mankind surrenders. Meanwhile, the night falls and Bruce Banner once again turns into the Hulk.
    The Hulk escaping his captivity, sets off in search of General Ross who imprisoned him but instead comes upon Betty alone in the Ross house.
    Betty screams as the army attacks the Hulk in an attempt to rescue Betty from him.

Part Five – The End of the Hulk
    The Hulk manages to escape capture and takes Betty as a hostage. Rick figures that the Hulk must have taken Betty back to Banner’s Lab

and makes his way there as the Hulk explains to Betty that he hates humanity for what they have done to him.

Rick confronts the Hulk but before the Hulk can silence Rick forever a tremor from the toad men’s magnetic weapons shakes the lab knocking all three unconscious.

As the sun rises, it is Banner who awakes first and along with Rick runs to the storage site of the gamma ray gun.
    Bruce then fires at the toad men’s ships and the blast of energy causes them to lost control of their movement and hurtle out of control into the void forever.
    Banner is regarded a hero for saving the Earth but General Ross remains skeptical believing he is somehow connected to the Hulk.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Steve Ditko

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xhatch View Post
    Red She-Hulk is the comic that brought me back to reading comics after a long absence. She's an awesome, underrated character & one of my out and out favorite characters in all of comics!
    Attachment 12818
    A very adorable image!

BANNED

Incredible Hulk #4 Nov 1962
    "The Monster and the Machine!"
    Betty Ross is milling about the Desert Base. She reflects upon recent events, particularly the lives of Bruce Banner, Rick Jones, and the incredible Hulk.

She finds her father General Ross who is testing the effectiveness of his prototype "Iceberg Rocket" against a facsimile of the Hulk.
    A jet-powered faux Hulk is launched into the air, and the rocket targets the projectile, encasing it in a block of ice. Ross is satisfied with the test,
    confident that this rocket will succeed in capturing the real Hulk. At Betty's request he then sends his soldiers out to track down Rick Jones.

Meanwhile, Rick Jones is inside his cottage with the true Hulk, who is still under his mental control due to an accidental overdose of cosmic radiation.
    When Rick sees soldiers coming to capture him, he orders the Hulk to flee. Without a word, the Hulk leaps away and lands in a nearby town.

General Ross is convinced that Rick Jones knows more about the Hulk then he lets on. He interrogates Rick at length, but when the boy refuses to cooperate,
    Ross has him arrested. Rick sends out a telepathic S.O.S. to the Hulk. The Hulk turns back and super-jumps his way to Rick's location.
    He scoops him out of the army jeep and leaps away. Rick directs him to Doctor Banner's secret cave. Once inside, he places the Hulk in front of a gamma ray projector.
    After reading some of Banner's notes, he activates the device, and the Hulk transforms back into Bruce Banner.
    Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Dick Ayers

BANNED

Betty is coming to the Academy and yes she brought her sword with her : https://news.marvel.com/games/82914/...ngers-academy/
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 01-12-2018 at 04:53 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks for the news! More Betty is always welcome here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Huh, I wonder if they have plans to bring her back in the comics then? Bruce returning as the Hulk ought to mean his supporting cast comes back to the comics as well.

The game did already have A-Bomb though.

Haha, the other new character is Newscaster Supreme... who was created just for the game! Their future hints say "characters from upcoming films and TV shows, characters who are brand-new to comics and the Marvel Universe, and a collection of icons who have been around for decades." I think I know who they're referring to... (X)

I would like for Betty to come back as the Red She-Hulk. I thought she was an interesting character and I would like to see her return.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Incredible Hulk #5 Jan 1963
    First appearance of Tyrannus in "Beauty and the Beast!"
    The evil Tyrannus is bent on world conquest, and he sees Betty Ross as the key to his ambitions.

Posing as an archaeologist, Tyrannus kidnaps Betty.

When Rick and The Hulk try to rescue her, they find that Tyrannus was prepared for them, and he captures and enslaves The Hulk!

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Dick Ayers

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I would like for Betty to come back as the Red She-Hulk. I thought she was an interesting character and I would like to see her return.
    Definitely! Plus, I liked Betty as the new strongest lady in Marvel!

BANNED

To me, the MCU Betty could possibly be the strongest lady in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as well, after becoming the MCU Red She-Hulk.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    She is my fav hulk second Skaar,third Jen,last banner
    That's a correct grouping concerning who is appreciated in this thread LOL