Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Default BATGIRL #36 Preview/Discussion

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2014/11...-of-physics-15

Also comes with preview for FBP! But anyways, more Batgirl!

Spectacular Member

I know the new direction may have turned some people off but I liked what I saw in the last issue and look forward to reading this one.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

I hate these previews on mobile. Always messes up on my phone.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

I liked the preview. Its only 4 pages but it felt like more. Cant wait for the full issue.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-10-2014 at 12:34 PM.

BANNED

Nice to see that they really captured that grad school atmosphere. The art's solid, but I still think the pages feel too crowded.

Astonishing Member

Preview looks dense and full of character, charm and so forth. But I didn't read it. I just sort of skimmed the art. Don't want to ruin four pages, that's almost a quarter of a comic. It's one thing with a decompressed title or something, but this stuff is pretty rich and needs savoring.

But I like what I see. More Canary. Motorcycle anime girls. Babs hanging out with other girls doing things. Bechdel Tests being seemingly obliterated.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Bitchy Canary is pretty hilarious.

Strong preview, quite a bit going on in the preview and there's a lot of characters being thrown in that could either just act as rich one offs or recurring characters rather than the usual one of two being built up and that's it. The artwork is looking really crisp too

Ultimate Member

Twin anime-cosplaying sword-wielding assassins riding motorcycles. That is so incredibly ridiculous that it's awesome.

Oh man I'm so poor and I'm a college student, I shouldn't ask my father or Batman for some extra money or anything

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Cant wait for the full issue.
    Me too!

10 characters.

I'm loving this so much. THIS is the Batgirl book I've been longing to read. Glad to see Barbara finally back in school, and see her geeking out over tech.

The villains look like they will be insanely fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post
    Oh man I'm so poor and I'm a college student, I shouldn't ask my father or Batman for some extra money or anything
    The writers have said in interviews that this is post-Batman Eternal, and that there's a moment coming where she decides to distance herself from Bruce - who might also not be in a position to help anybody. And her dad was just in jail, maybe still there? Kind of a douche move if she went to him asking for money.

Ya, i could see that playing out well. "Hey, dad. Hows the butt? Can i have some money".

Ultimate Member

Assuming he has any left. I could see him getting out of prison by the end of Eternal, but having lost most of his assets in the process (it's not like he was super-rich to begin with, being a cop and all). The writers seem to be going out of their way to have the other Bat-characters NOT go to Bruce for help/money, even when they really should. Dick apparently never even considered asking Bruce for help after the Joker blew up his circus and bankrupted him for example, even though Bruce almost certainly would have helped him if asked.