Super Moderator

Default Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang: A History of James Bond in Comics

With James Bond returning in a new Dynamite Entertainment series, CBR looks back at 007's comic book history -- including the time he fought a dinosaur!

Full article here.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Great article. Need more from this Steve Morris guy.

I will debate you to the end of time that For Your Eyes Only was a bad Bond film. I've always found it to be one of Roger Moore's better, more realistic entries in the series. To each their own, though.

Meanwhile, the delay of the Eclipse series was nothing to do with Grell. I spoke to him about the subject at a convention. Eclipse had the entire three issues in house, but; because of credit problems, could not find a printer for it (a common problem with Eclipse for their latter years). The series did successfully blend elements of both the books and the films, right down to using Hoagy Carmichael as the visual reference for Bond.

I was also in the camp that Serpent's Tooth was the better of the Dark horse entries in the series, in large part due to Gulacy, who got to do Bond, not just his illegitimate son (Clive Reston, in MOKF). Again, your mileage may vary.

Bill Slankard

Titan published the complete James Bond comic strip series in 17 volumes from 2004 through 2010. The 6th volume coming out soon mentioned in the article refers to the Omnibus edition which include roughly three of the earlier books.

All-New Member I_Captain Blanco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by codystarbuck View Post
    I will debate you to the end of time that For Your Eyes Only was a bad Bond film. I've always found it to be one of Roger Moore's better, more realistic entries in the series.
    This, a million times. I also question the reliability who thinks that Vince Colletta is any part of a "damn strong creative team" (with the possible exception of his Thor run with Lee and Kirby).

Another Color

The Chaykin and Colletta artwork far surpassed the art by Grell. Also, Grell was habitually late with his inking, something that never, ever happened with Vince Colletta.

Great article. I guess hindsight is clearer than foresight. I'm surprised that Bond didn't catch on quickly here in "the colonies" (?!), but then, I saw the Marvel adaptations and didn't buy them at the time. I was following Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Indiana Jones and The A-Team from Marvel... I did look for the GoldenEye adaptation. I have a couple of the Titan collections. I'll have to see what Dynamite has in store for "Mr. Bond, James Bond."