Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    The concept is cool but the book itself lacks that special Geoff Johns magic.
    Yeah, a bigger name than Dan Jurgens is required. Books like this (not having too many well-known characters and featuring less-than-spectacular art/colors) do not tend to sell very well, unless it's tied to Batman or Spider-Man.

I will enjoy it while it lasts though.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    Yeah, a bigger name than Dan Jurgens is required. Books like this (not having too many well-known characters and featuring less-than-spectacular art/colors) do not tend to sell very well, unless it's tied to Batman or Spider-Man.

I will enjoy it while it lasts though.
    Dan Jurgens is a good writer, he wouldn't have lasted so long in the industry if he weren't. However, I agree with you that if DC really wanted to make this title sell, they needed to put a real all-star both in the writer's and penciler's chair. The reason Aquman sold so well at the beginning of the New 52 was due to the fact that Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis were on the book. Say what you will about both creators, they are extraordinarily popular and their all-star power boosted Aquaman quite a bit.