Default Doctor Doom vs the USS Enterprise (TOS)

Standard arena match rules except it takes place in outer space.

Enterprise from the original series with the original crew.

This is probably a horrible curbstomp in favor of Doom.

The only chance I see is that, in some stories, Doom's flight tech is not so great, compared to Iron-Man's, anyway. The Enterprise is moving at FTL speeds, I presume or can quickly go there.

Since this arena is "outer space", there is probably a LOT of starting distance. But, even without prep, Doom has various time travel technologies incorporated into his armor, can take hits from Class 100s and so on. This is more instinct than anything else but I'm not liking the Enterprise's chances.

Doom has been in space just in just armor, and he most likely has tech that'll wreck the Enterprise.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

"Captain! Shields are down and somethin's comin' through the transporter system! There isna' a thing I can do!"

"Weapons, navigation, and all propulsion are dead, sir. Oh my."

"Uhura! ..........Comms!"

"All communications are being jammed, Captain. Someone else has taken control! Wait, they're broadcasting a message."

"GET OFF DOOM'S SHIP."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Fantastic Member

Standard arena match is a Doom win. Doom gets onto their ship and that crew rushes him/engages in a fist fight. Doom win.

This is the one case where the standard arena rules works against someone. Bloodlust off, Enterprise randomly warps around space, and makes Doom chase them. Doom has limited food and power in his armor. If Doom gets on the ship, they immediately attempts to transport him back off the ship (or into a sun), before Doom has any time to hijack the ship technology. They have to starve him out.

This is the one case where the Enterprise can only win by not fighting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    Standard arena match is a Doom win. Doom gets onto their ship and that crew rushes him/engages in a fist fight. Doom win.

This is the one case where the standard arena rules works against someone. Bloodlust off, Enterprise randomly warps around space, and makes Doom chase them. Doom has limited food and power in his armor. If Doom gets on the ship, they immediately attempts to transport him back off the ship (or into a sun), before Doom has any time to hijack the ship technology. They have to starve him out.

This is the one case where the Enterprise can only win by not fighting.
    I think if Doom gets on the ship they are fucked. You say they would just immediately transport him somewhere, it might not be so easy. Doom doesn't just have a suit of highly powerful armor, but a shitload of sorcery as well. He could probably mess with the systems of the ship with his magic alone, in addition to using it attempt to remain undetected, etc.

You say they will starve him out. For some reason I have a hard time seeing someone who can survive their blood being turned to acid and their heart being turned to stone..starving to death.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-11-2014 at 09:08 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I think if Doom gets on the ship they are fucked. You say they would just immediately transport him somewhere, it might not be so easy. Doom doesn't just have a suit of highly powerful armor, but a shitload of sorcery as well. He could probably mess with the systems of the ship with his magic alone, in addition to using it attempt to remain undetected, etc.

You say they will starve him out. For some reason I have a hard time seeing someone who can survive their blood being turned to acid and their heart being turned to stone..starving to death.
    Doom magical abilities are really his ace in the hole. If he is able to magically get himself on the shop undetected (or have enough time to enter the computer system), they are hosed.

Doom in space without food/water for 1 week/month is going to starve to death. Anytime Doom is in space, it's for a limited space of time and he never puts himself in a vulnerable state for long. No one is doubting him being able to survive 1-2 days in space. I might even give him a week. After that, he's either transported somewhere else safely or is dead. If he's still alive floating in space, i'm thinking that a prep-less Doom is near Superhuman status.

Astonishing Member

Questions:

1. Enterprise warps away
    2. It has long range detection abilities
    3. What feats indicate Doom can scan large areas of space and detect the ship at far beyond visual sighting?
    4. What feats indicate that Doom can detect incoming phaser or photon torpedos and respond before getting hit.
    5. The torpedo do have a punch - feats for absorbing that level of blast?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    5. The torpedo do have a punch - feats for absorbing that level of blast?
    In "Mirror, Mirror," we learn that a Constitution class ship can casually glass cities with its phaser banks. In "Taste of Armageddon," we learn that they can genocide a planet. Scotty says it will only take 1 hour and 45 minutes for the entire inhabited surface of an earth-like planet to be destroyed.

It's true that Doom has all sorts of astonishing feats, but what can he do before Kirk gives the order to fire upon him? Doom has to be extremely fast here.

Even if Doom's force fields can hold up for time—and starship weaponry is specifically designed to batter down opposing shields—he doesn't have sufficient mass to stay in one place, and the first time he's hit, he's going to go tumbling through space at high velocity. Can he cast spells while that's happening, with the Enterprise following him and pounding him repeatedly?

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    In "Mirror, Mirror," we learn that a Constitution class ship can casually glass cities with its phaser banks. In "Taste of Armageddon," we learn that they can genocide a planet. Scotty says it will only take 1 hour and 45 minutes for the entire inhabited surface of an earth-like planet to be destroyed.

It's true that Doom has all sorts of astonishing feats, but what can he do before Kirk gives the order to fire upon him? Doom has to be extremely fast here.

Even if Doom's force fields can hold up for time—and starship weaponry is specifically designed to batter down opposing shields—he doesn't have sufficient mass to stay in one place, and the first time he's hit, he's going to go tumbling through space at high velocity. Can he cast spells while that's happening, with the Enterprise following him and pounding him repeatedly?
    He is magic and tehc. I heard he programs some of his spells into his armor's memory so he cna cast off instantly if he feels like it.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    He is magic and tehc. I heard he programs some of his spells into his armor's memory so he cna cast off instantly if he feels like it.
    It's not quite "instant" - he has to tell the armor to fire the spell, and the armor has to charge it. It's always been shown to take a few moments to do this kind of thing. And the stuff he has charged are things like transportation and the Crimson Bands - neither of which are much use against the Enterprise, not on the scale Doom has feats for.

If Doom rips Kirk's shirt, all bets are off.

I'm only familiar with the Voyager Series. If the original ships were anything like that I'd think they'd have a very good chance assuming Doom isn't allowed to mess with the people inside.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    Doom magical abilities are really his ace in the hole. If he is able to magically get himself on the shop undetected (or have enough time to enter the computer system), they are hosed.

Doom in space without food/water for 1 week/month is going to starve to death. Anytime Doom is in space, it's for a limited space of time and he never puts himself in a vulnerable state for long. No one is doubting him being able to survive 1-2 days in space. I might even give him a week. After that, he's either transported somewhere else safely or is dead. If he's still alive floating in space, i'm thinking that a prep-less Doom is near Superhuman status.
    Like I said though..Doom survives his blood being turned to acid, heart to stone, and then he was made to fight sharks. Starvation is for lesser men.