Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Doctor Doom's origin will be changed drastically in the new F4 movie

Well it's official. I will be boycotting this trainwreck.

http://collider.com/doctor-doom-new-...ic-four-movie/

I’m excited to see it too, and my nerves really…The only thing I can tease you about is what I worked on most was the voice because nobody—even in the cartoons, when I was watching them I was like, “So where’s he from?” There’s a mild change and I’ll tell you because of our history.
    He’s Victor Domashev, not Victor Von Doom in our story. And I’m sure I’ll be sent to jail for telling you that. The Doom in ours—I’m a programmer. Very anti-social programmer. And on blogging sites I’m “Doom”.

Spectacular Member

I'm okay with changing things for the screen. Sometimes it needs to happen. But what is up with this movie? None of these changes make any sense or improve the source material. The only similarity between the source material and this adaptation is the names of the characters, and in this instance not even that. Sounds like Trank wanted to do Chronicle 2, but Fox paid him bookoo bucks to do it as FF so they could keep the rights.

Or, this movie somehow destroys and surpasses our expectations and is better than Days of Future Past and Winter Soldier.

Victor Domashev? LOL. This movie will make people beg Julian McMahon to come back with goat legs.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Wow... this movie gets worse with each new reveal. Part of me wants to see it succeed because I am a fan of Michael B. Jordan, but a bigger part of me wants this movie to fail spectacularly so Fox just gives up and let's the rights go back to Marvel.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Just when we thought things could not get worse, we were wrong....

So... his last name is different, and that means the movie is awful and will ruin happiness and puppies? I just want to be clear on this, because I'm not really seeing the cause for wailing and gnashing of teeth.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Victor Domashev? LOL. This movie will make people beg Julian McMahon to come back with goat legs.
    I didn't think Julian McMahon was bad, the character was horribly written. You could tell the movie studio was afraid of the source material with that B-movie plot that encompassed the first movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Shadow View Post
    I didn't think Julian McMahon was bad, the character was horribly written. You could tell the movie studio was afraid of the source material with that B-movie plot that encompassed the first movie.
    I actually didn't think he was bad either.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 11-10-2014 at 05:51 PM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    So... his last name is different, and that means the movie is awful and will ruin happiness and puppies? I just want to be clear on this, because I'm not really seeing the cause for wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Well for me, it was everything after the name reveal that caused me to roll my eyes.

Particularly "The Doom in ours—I’m a programmer. Very anti-social programmer. And on blogging sites I’m “Doom”. "

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Last name is different
    He is not the ruler of a country
    He is not rich or powerful
    He might not even be completely European
    He's a programmer who writes on blog sites with the name "Doom"

This movie is still awful even if that didn't happen. And it has nothing to do with Michael B Jordan's casting if that's what you're thinking. It has to do with how unbelievably disrespectful the actors are toward the source material, calling comics "corny" and "for kids." That's such a rude thing to say, especially since those comics helped get them their roles. Also, the origin is going to be changed completely and they will wear "containment suits" instead of their normal outfits from the comics, because apparently those suits we know and love are just too "schitzy" and corny. Give me a break. This movie isn't a Fantastic Four movie at all. It's a disgrace. People need to stop supporting this. What we want to see is the Fantastic Four not the Fantastic Frenzy. We want to see the family we grew up with. Not this crap. This is everything that is wrong with superhero movies. It's one thing to change a few things and maybe cast an actor who doesn't look like their character but this is disgraceful.

I have given up on this movie ages ago, this news just killed me. I was literally laughing for 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    Last name is different

This movie is still awful even if that didn't happen. And it has nothing to do with Michael B Jordan's casting if that's what you're thinking. It has to do with how unbelievably disrespectful the actors are toward the source material, calling comics "corny" and "for kids." That's such a rude thing to say, especially since those comics helped get them their roles
    is his magical ability still there?

the actors obviously do not know how important the fantastic four is to marvel

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    Last name is different

This movie is still awful even if that didn't happen. And it has nothing to do with Michael B Jordan's casting if that's what you're thinking. It has to do with how unbelievably disrespectful the actors are toward the source material, calling comics "corny" and "for kids." That's such a rude thing to say, especially since those comics helped get them their roles. Also, the origin is going to be changed completely and they will wear "containment suits" instead of their normal outfits from the comics, because apparently those suits we know and love are just too "schitzy" and corny. Give me a break. This movie isn't a Fantastic Four movie at all. It's a disgrace. People need to stop supporting this. What we want to see is the Fantastic Four not the Fantastic Frenzy. We want to see the family we grew up with. Not this crap. This is everything that is wrong with superhero movies. It's one thing to change a few things and maybe cast an actor who doesn't look like their character but this is disgraceful.
    This.

If you don't like comic books then don't do a comic book movie. Just come up with an original idea.

I haven't stopped laughing, I am actually crying with laughter now. I shouldn't laugh but I can't help myself, a programmer seriously? Doom is his internet name?

BANNED

*Sigh*

Wish Michael B. Would have picked a different project. The movie could be outstanding but so far....it sounds like one of those films that could break a career.