Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    iMan 42s

So Doom could've been this ultimate super villain and controllable an army of robotic drones as strong and as intelligent as he is with more that are decoys for the real thing with the Fantastic Four putting fourth all they have to stop this maniacal dictator to save there country from him. Supernatural powers and science along with the fantastic super powers the four have gained coming together for an epic showdown!

Doom is a guy with a hate blog.

Guys, Doctor Doom is one of the most dangerous people in the Marvel Universe. He prides himself on his intelligence and his power and ability to rule with an Iron fist. What is he doing like this?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

people with computers are very dangerous. i don't think you should count DOOM out yet..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    people with computers are very dangerous. i don't think you should count DOOM out yet..
    Shut off his wifi. Instant defeat.

he may have his own dedicated server and data center. we can't know how easily he will be defeated yet.

Whaaat. This has my curiosity.

Mark my words. I can't see it being a huge commercial success. This will either bomb totally or become a cult film, which wouldn't be bad.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

I think this sounds interesting although I can see why some of the posters in this thread have issues.

However I do think that the general public will not share their concerns, they'll just care if the movie is good or not, and nothing I've seen so far suggests it'll be a flop or terrible.

Does nobody else like the idea that they gave to wear containment suits? I think that's a great twist on costumes. Like The Orphan in X-Statix

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I posted about this in the Doom appreciation thread but it's worth saying that even though the first movie looks pretty backwards with all the advances in CGI it still was profitable. The thing that is kind of sad is that if the box office from the first movie showed anything it is that the public was ready for a Fantastic Four movie. For a while it was outdoing Batman Returns. The FF movie made more in the US while BB made it up in the international box office and by the end of the year Batman Begins worldwide totals were higher . I remember there was a bit of a rivalry about that when I used to post at Superherohype. The Fantastic Four opening weekend even knocked Spielberg's War of the Worlds out of the #1 spot. And WOTW was only in its second week of release.

Here is an article from Forbes about it. That summer also saw the release of the Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Wedding Crashers and Mr. and Mrs. Smith. So there was some strong competion. The first movie ended up making 330 million worldwide. And that was for a mediocre version of the Fantastic Four. This movie needs to get bigger, not smaller like Trank is doing IMO.

Doom would be a much better fit in the MU anyway and you don't even have to make him a monarch. One could easily tie his origins to the collapse of Yugoslavia and the ethnic cleansing that tragically took place. His family could have been caught up in that and his bitterness towards the West could start from that. I've always said he could have a origin much like Keyser Sose, a figure almost of mythical proportions, ruthless and secretive as Putin. No one really knows what he looks like but he is some powerful behind the curtain kind of figure that is pulling the strings on a worldwide scale.

let's give him a chance to be a good DOOM, iron maiden.

So you think an antisocial blogger is better??

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Agreed. He was good in Nip/Tuck also and had been nominated for a Golden Globe, which the show itself won. Fox made Doom over into Victor von Trump, a smarmy business mogul. The part where he lured Johnny into a limo with models was all you need to know about what Fox thinks about the character. His biggest gripe was that Sue jilted him.

IIRC the actor playing their father Doctor Franklin Storm is also black. So maybe Sue was part of a blended family? It could be that it's the Mom's second marriage and Doctor Storm adopts her? That way it does sort of make sense. I have no idea how the film will handle it.

It's almost like they are taking a page from the Mandarin in Iron Man 3. Instead of making a serious attempt to make the character work, they are dialing it down to an internet troll. I don't know why they seem to be bent on diminishing the character.
    I think Doom is an easier to do as an direct adaption of, then Mandarin, considering Mandarin's racial stereotypical origins and the fact his personality seems to change in almost every story line he appears in, Doom doesn't seem dated as the Mandarin is (a true to the comics Mandarin likely would have gotten Iron Man 3 banned in China). Doom doesn't have those problems, so it would be easier to adapt him to the Silver Screen. Fox was able adapt Magneto correctly to the movies, why is Doom such a stumbling block for them.

Frankly they cold have taken one of the kinda lame FF villains, like Wizard and turn him into a blogger or tycoon and hardly anyone would care. Doing this with Doom is asking for trouble. I also don't think Doom is dated at all, someone like Red Ghost is dated, but we see dictators in the news all the time, so Doom being a dictator is completely relevant.

better, worse. what matters is that we see a great film.

If they aren't going to respect the source material of one of the most iconic comics in history, why should we respect them?

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    If they aren't going to respect the source material of one of the most iconic comics in history, why should we respect them?
    Pure speculation on my part but it does make BleedingCools' reporting on Marvel's alleged stance on the Fantastic Four make sense. Maybe Marvel Studios/Marvel Entertainment got wind of the script through insider info (Mark Millar is working with Fox as creative consultant) and really wanted to wash their hands of all this. The Doom origin might have been the last straw among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    I think this sounds interesting although I can see why some of the posters in this thread have issues.

However I do think that the general public will not share their concerns, they'll just care if the movie is good or not, and nothing I've seen so far suggests it'll be a flop or terrible.

Does nobody else like the idea that they gave to wear containment suits? I think that's a great twist on costumes. Like The Orphan in X-Statix
    Honestly I'm trying pretty hard to come up with anything about this movie that doesn't scream flop.