Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I don't understand how people can hate a movie they've never seen this much.

I'm not really worried about this movie. Fox has made several great movies, and I would rather root for a movie's success than hope it fails out of some strange loyalty to Marvel Studios.

Nothing I have read about this movie has made me say:
    "Hey I might go and see this!"
    This latest news hasn't changed my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post

I'm not really worried about this movie. Fox has made several great movies, and I would rather root for a movie's success than hope it fails out of some strange loyalty to Marvel Studios.
    I think it's less that anyone hates the movie and more that a lot of people aren't being convinced that it's something they want to see in theaters. Movies can be as much as 20 bucks these days... it's not cheap entertainment. And there's a lot of competition out there. You're not going to spend your money giving every movie a chance... you're going to spend it on the ones which do the best job selling itself to you. And I'm just not terribly convinced this movie has done very good job at that. It's like they have no idea whatsoever how to properly hype and promote a comicbook movie. You have an attress flat out tell people publically that they're ordered to ignore the source material, and they're wondering why comic fans aren't getting excited about the movie? At least don't tell people that.

The fact that it's piggy backing off of two Fox made movies that not well received (though commercially sucessful in the least) doesn't help.

yes, i'm super excited for this fresh take on doctor doom.

Incredible Member

I really can't imagine this movie actually being good. They should have fused ultimate Reed Richards and 616 Doom together. The children can be the new Latveria.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

I think this is unlikely to result in Doom changing in the comics, although I suppose it's a possibility.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    I think this is unlikely to result in Doom changing in the comics, although I suppose it's a possibility.
    That is highly doubtful. Marvel has planned to cancel the Fantastic Four series and disband the team because of this film. They won't use anything from it, even if the film is successful.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    That is highly doubtful. Marvel has planned to cancel the Fantastic Four series and disband the team because of this film. They won't use anything from it, even if the film is successful.
    I thought that was a discredited Bleeding Cool rumour?

Oh I forgot to mention that Miles Teller told Kate Mara she didn't have to read any Fantastic Four comic books to prepare for her role as Sue Storm.

ARE YOU INSANE?
    Realistically, that shouldn't be required. If the character's personality doesn't come from the script, the movie is already of questionable caliber. It's the same logic for the actors as it is for the audience: if you have to read the original material to understand the movie, the movie isn't successful until itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Also hilarious, there was a Spider-Girl issue where Dr. Doom sent people computer viruses.
    And Doom 2099 dealt with some hacking as well. It's not outside his wheelhouse, he just normally has other methods. If this is intended to be a more "realistic" Fantastic Four, then it stands to reason that the change in Doom is done to match--instead of a monarch of a made-up nation, he's now a powerful computer hacker. People on the whole can accept that better, I think. It's more current and more like "villains" one might hear about in the news. The previous Fantastic Four films also distanced him from a monarchy, possibly for the same reason. In fact, it's interesting to me that FOX's Doom evolves with the times. Around the time of the previous films, we had a fair number of scandals involving businessmen and criminal activity. Over the past year or two, with various e-mail accounts leaked, private iPhone photos leaked, credit card information stolen from retail franchises, etc., hackers might seem more villainous than ever.

You guys saw what he looks like too, right?
    If he's a hacker, I'm not even sure why he'd need the traditional outfit. And it certainly stands to reason that if he is a hacker, we shouldn't expect the technology of a traditional Doctor Doom. But if they do want him to eventually be like that Doom in the film, and that's what we see here, it's possible it'll be modified later. The scene does look like it'll be heavily modified already.

I actually think this movie is going to be good. I like that it's breaking free of the traditional comic book-movie mold.
    I'm thinking it could be like Elektra. I enjoy Elektra. It's not a good adaption of the comics, but I think overall it works well unto itself. This movie could do the same, I suppose. I'm not optimistic that it will, but it's possible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    I thought that was a discredited Bleeding Cool rumour?
    Nope. The writer of the current F4 series confirmed it himself. Also there was a teaser at NYCC that read "The End of Fourever" or something like that.

BANNED

This is not about Marvel Studios. We are angry Fantastic Four fans who want to see our favorite heroes appear on the screen, and actually done right. This is the Marvel Comics section, not TV/Film. Whoever wants to argue about how great this will be as a movie should be able to freely do so in the TV/Film section. But if you are going to discuss it here you really shouldn't be surprised that people in the Marvel Comics section are angry about a film titled the Fantastic Four that seems to have no connection to the comics, with a cast and crew that like disrespecting the source material and calling it "corny". We are Marvel Comics fans. We have a right to be angry. It's not that hard to grasp.

BANNED

This is not about Marvel Studios. We are angry Fantastic Four fans who want to see our favorite heroes appear on the screen, and actually done right. This is the Marvel Comics section, not TV/Film. Whoever wants to argue about how great this will be as a movie should be able to freely do so in the TV/Film section. But if you are going to discuss it here you really shouldn't be surprised that people in the Marvel Comics section are angry about a film titled the Fantastic Four that seems to have no connection to the comics, with a cast and crew that like disrespecting the source material and calling it "corny". We are Marvel Comics fans. We have a right to be angry. It's not that hard to grasp.
    You already had two Fantastic Four movies that were really loyal to the comics.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

If they are trying to down play expectations, then they have succeeded. In fact expectations of this movie might be so low that their plans might backfire.

BANNED

...I don't know if you saw those movies, but they were terrible. Stan Lee, the co-creator of the Fantastic Four, said he was very disappointed with them. Yes, at first glance they are the Fantastic Four that we know from the comics but "really loyal" does not mean they were done right. We are fans of the comic who want to see a decent film version of our favorite superhero family. This film, whether it ends up being good or not, should not be called the Fantastic Four. Whether you want to admit it or not this film clearly has zero connection to comic books aside from the title and the names of characters. And nothing can forgive actors disrespecting Stan Lee and Jack Kirby's work by saying the comics are corny and that this film will be better. Nothing can forgive that. That's such a horrible thing to say. And what's worse is several people working on this film have said this or something like this. Absolutely pathetic. This is not a Marvel Comics film. Once again, TV/Film is the proper place for people to discuss how this will be as a film. As a Marvel Comics film, this movie has zero chance of being good. Like I said, this shouldn't be surprising to you, as this is the Marvel Comics forum on a website called Comic Book Resources.

Uh what F4 movies did you see? Loyal to the comics...horribly miscast except for Chris Evans and sort of Michael Chiklis...Doom was connected to the origin (I know UFF had it that way but that is not a real F4 comic anyway)...Doom loved Sue...Doom was a corporate tycoon...I could go on and on...Fox hasn't made a real 616-F4 movie yet...and they won't....its time...bring it home to MARVEL!!!