Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Not if it is material that seems ashamed of the name it is based on. And I will never give up on it returning to Marvel, there is no excuse for it being like this in this day and age. I will never endorse this film.
    I wouldn't write off the movie entirely. I'm just as skeptical of this movie, especially with this batch of news regarding Doom making it increase, but I'm not writing it off entirely yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Why reinvent the wheel?
    It would be amazing to see them fighting a "great" Dr Doom and all the awesome characters that come with the property, like Galactus and Silver Surfer.

it doesn't seem ashamed to me? i think that is not an objective statement. to me, this seems like a daring and imaginative adaptation of our beloved foursome and friends.

BANNED

I have faith in the studio that brought us Days of Future Past, which was phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    I wouldn't write off the movie entirely. I'm just as skeptical of this movie, especially with this batch of news regarding Doom making it increase, but I'm not writing it off entirely yet.
    I am not liking anything I've heard and will not spend one cent on this, it's fine that you are still looking forward to it. But you must be able to see why some Fantastic Four fans are not liking this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    it doesn't seem ashamed to me? i think that is not an objective statement. to me, this seems like a daring and imaginative adaptation of our beloved foursome and friends.
    It seems ashamed by the both the director and studio, we have no promotion from this at all and what we do know sounds terrible to me. While it sounds interesting to you, it sounds like a bastardization to me.

i think the studio knows how to operate better than you or me.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Probably not. Fox realizes that comic movies are potentially billion dollar franchises. The fact that they've been unable to do it as well as marvel doesn't mean they can't still make a few bucks out of them.
    If the movie flops, there's a strong possibility Fox will relinquish the rights back to Marvel.

The FF movies haven't been received as well as the X-men films and they have to keep making them to keep the rights.

If the movies continue to underperform, Fox isn't going to keep throwing money down a well. They will let the rights go.

I'll agree that this is a daring adaptation. It could either really work or fall on its face. Not much middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I am not liking anything I've heard and will not spend one cent on this, it's fine that you are still looking forward to it. But you must be able to see why some Fantastic Four fans are not liking this.
    It seems ashamed by the both the director and studio, we have no promotion from this at all and what we do know sounds terrible to me. While it sounds interesting to you, it sounds like a bastardization to me.
    Oh I can understand why not everyone likes the information coming out regarding the movie. My point is that the finished product could still turn out well.

Also consider that the changes may be fueled by a desire to help them give more separation in a sea of comic book movie adaptations.

Every piece of news coming out about this movie has been disappointing. They must be trying to get our expectations so impossibly low that we can only be impressed when the final product comes out and is at least marginally coherent.

Given that Marvel is doing straight-up, closely-adapted superheroics about as well as it's possible to do them, I think it makes sense to take a new Fantastic Four project in a radically different direction. I have no idea if this particular version of Dr. Doom will be any good, but I don't object on principle.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    If the movie flops, there's a strong possibility Fox will relinquish the rights back to Marvel.
    Ha!

i have to wonder how different the reactions would be if this were marvel studios making these sorts of change and not FOX..

i mean, the mandarin was super close to his comic counterpart. i was almost floored by the resemblance.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I have faith in the studio that brought us Days of Future Past, which was phenomenal.
    And Wolverine Origins, which was ... um ... err .....

i have to wonder how different the reactions would be if this were marvel studios making these sorts of change and not FOX..

i mean, the mandarin was super close to his comic counterpart. i was almost floored by the resemblance.
    Is this the only place you frequent on the internet? I thought some Mandarin-mongers were going to burn the studio down.
    Last edited by Dog; 11-11-2014 at 12:11 PM.

As I recall, lively debate online was had about the Mandarin's depiction in Iron Man 3.
    Last edited by Mahes; 11-11-2014 at 12:13 PM. Reason: wrong word choice

This last piece of news would have killed all excitement for me, and the lack of news would be highly unusual. But the major difference is Marvel has earned my trust while Fox has not, liked First Class and DoFP but hated The Wolverine.

Ultimate Member

Marvel could very well make these sort of changes and the community will react similarly.

I loved Iron man 3 (probably because I don't care about the Mandarin) but reception amongst comic fans has been...divided.

People love it or absolutely hate it. Marvel was smart enough to keep the twist secret though.