Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post

Oh I can understand why not everyone likes the information coming out regarding the movie. My point is that the finished product could still turn out well.

Also consider that the changes may be fueled by a desire to help them give more separation in a sea of comic book movie adaptations.
    I can understand the want for separation, but I think they are going about it the wrong way. The F4 being adventures before superheroes would be a great way to differ them from others in my opinion.

are we really calling FOX unintelligent? LOL

Extraordinary Member

Thats just sad.

perhaps FOX knew that marvel were about to sabotage FF out of spite and decided to make DOOM an internet troll in response.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    are we really calling FOX unintelligent? LOL
    The studios that made X-men 3, Elektra, X-men Origins: Wolverine, Daredevil, Fantastic Four 1 and 2....

I wouldn't call them unintelligent but I would call them a bit clueless.

all of those films found success. also worth noting is that without them and their willingness to take chances, you wouldn't have your darling MCU to put on a pedestal in comparison.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I have faith in the studio that brought us Days of Future Past, which was phenomenal.
    I'd like to but every time an actor gives away something to do with the movie I wonder why they are bothering to put the name "Fantastic Four" on the film when they don't seem to be making a Fantastic Four film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    Last name is different
    He is not the ruler of a country
    He is not rich or powerful
    He might not even be completely European
    He's a programmer who writes on blog sites with the name "Doom"

This movie is still awful even if that didn't happen. And it has nothing to do with Michael B Jordan's casting if that's what you're thinking. It has to do with how unbelievably disrespectful the actors are toward the source material, calling comics "corny" and "for kids." That's such a rude thing to say, especially since those comics helped get them their roles. Also, the origin is going to be changed completely and they will wear "containment suits" instead of their normal outfits from the comics, because apparently those suits we know and love are just too "schitzy" and corny. Give me a break. This movie isn't a Fantastic Four movie at all. It's a disgrace. People need to stop supporting this. What we want to see is the Fantastic Four not the Fantastic Frenzy. We want to see the family we grew up with. Not this crap. This is everything that is wrong with superhero movies. It's one thing to change a few things and maybe cast an actor who doesn't look like their character but this is disgraceful.
    Sacrilege. What are they smoking out there? I won't be going.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    If the movie flops, there's a strong possibility Fox will relinquish the rights back to Marvel.

The FF movies haven't been received as well as the X-men films and they have to keep making them to keep the rights.

If the movies continue to underperform, Fox isn't going to keep throwing money down a well. They will let the rights go.
    The FF movies weren't well received, but they did fine at the box office. They weren't making good movies, but they weren't throwing money down a well either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I'd like to but every time an actor gives away something to do with the movie I wonder why they are bothering to put the name "Fantastic Four" on the film when they don't seem to be making a Fantastic Four film.
    Fox keeps the rights if they keep making Fantastic Four movies. There's no requirement those Fantastic Four movies be in any way faithful.

Ultimate Member

all of those films found success. also worth noting is that without them and their willingness to take chances, you wouldn't have your darling MCU to put on a pedestal in comparison.
    Commercially, yes but critically they weren't well received. It's not a Marvel loyalty thing at all. It's just about making good movies.

Fox's record (particularly with Fantastic Four) has been pretty dire. Its so bad that Fox havent been able to make a good X-men project without Bryan Singer (granted he didn't direct First Class, he still acted as producer on the project).

Marvel aren't perfect but they have a solid track record of making good to great movies that are well received critically and commercially. It is what it is.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The FF movies weren't well received, but they did fine at the box office. They weren't making good movies, but they weren't throwing money down a well either.
    Fantastic Four 2 didn't do well commercially hence the re-boot.

If the re-boot fails, they'll simply let the rights go. Like Daredevil and Ghost Rider.

i have to wonder how different the reactions would be if this were marvel studios making these sorts of change and not FOX..

i mean, the mandarin was super close to his comic counterpart. i was almost floored by the resemblance.
    Anytime you stray too far from the source material, you're going to experience a level of backlash. That was certainly true for the Mandarin, as well as Doom.

That said, I think Marvel studies IMO at least earned more the benefit of the doubt from the fan base because of the quality of the previous Iron Man movies. Conversely, the quality of the previous FF movies likely had the opposite effect.

Commercially, yes but critically they weren't well received. It's not a Marvel loyalty thing at all. It's just about making good movies.

Fox's record (particularly with Fantastic Four) has been pretty dire. Its so bad that Fox havent been able to make a good X-men project without Bryan Singer (granted he didn't direct First Class, he still acted as producer on the project).

Marvel aren't perfect but they have a solid track record of making good to great movies that are well received critically and commercially. It is what it is.
    plenty of people find FOX and SONY movies enjoyable.

Fantastic Four 2 didn't do well commercially hence the re-boot.

If the re-boot fails, they'll simply let the rights go. Like Daredevil and Ghost Rider.
    It earned $289 million on a $130 million budget. That's not even close to Avengers level good, but that's not terrible either.