Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Those were all close to a decade ago. Stop living in the past.
    X-men:Origins was only 5 years ago.

Besides, we're looking at a track record of movies from the studio. We can't just ignore their previous output when it's the same studio making movies about the same characters.
    Last edited by Username taken; 11-11-2014 at 01:28 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Those were all close to a decade ago. Stop living in the past.
    But a lot of those are on constant rotation on cable. I see the FF films listed a lot lately. Now they've moved down to AMC. They were just on HBO the other day. It goes beyond the short time they stay in theaters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    let's just give it a chance? there's no point in wishing failure on these people, i'm sure they have put in a lot of hard work and passion into this project.
    Thank you.

I don't know why people think Marvel would suddenly be interested in Fantastic Four movies if they got the rights back.

Nothing's been done with any of the properties that have reverted back so far.

let's just give it a chance? there's no point in wishing failure on these people, i'm sure they have put in a lot of hard work and passion into this project.
    It's fine if you give it a chance, but I won't as it is not a film that appeals to me. I don't feel a single ounce of passion from this project at all and if I did I would be more forgiving, still wouldn't watch it, but would forgive more. The Doom revelation just cemented me not spending my money on this and I will tell all my family and friends to do the same.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    X-men:Origins was only 5 years ago.

Besides, we're looking at a track record of movies from the studio. We can't just ignore their previous output when it's the same studio making movies about the same characters.
    By that logic the Hulk should never have been included in the Avengers because his first two movies were awful.

Studios can, and do, learn from their mistakes. That's probably why DoFP was so amazing.

Ultimate Member

By that logic the Hulk should never have been included in the Avengers because his first two movies were awful.

Studios can, and do, learn from their mistakes. That's probably why DoFP was so amazing.
    Fair enough.

I'll wait and see.

FF deserve a good movie.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It earned $289 million on a $130 million budget. That's not even close to Avengers level good, but that's not terrible either.
    But it caused Fox to cancel the 3 picture option with all the principal actors on the film. Alba, Chiklis, Gruffud and Evans all had a 3 picture deal. The third film never even got scripted, etc. although JMS once said Fox had him write a treatment for a Silver Surfer film.

The X-Men movies actually had a pretty descent track record even prior to days of future past. It was hit and miss, but there were certaily some very well received ones mixed in there.

I think it's the non-X films I think have gotten somewhat of a poor track record. I'm not sure any of them frankly were well received criticically. Which isn't to say that this movie can't be good... but I'm not sure they're exactly doing a very good job of inspiring that with the comic fan base at least.

They should have gotten Tommy Wiseau to play Doom, because this is shaping up to the "The Room" of superhero movies already. REED RICHARDS YOU ARE TEARINGS ME APARTZZZ!!!!

BANNED

.....I thought most people didn't really like Days of Future past? I know I didn't. Quicksilver was that movies only saving grace in my opinion.

Here's the thing... it's their job to convince me to give it a chance. In the least I can say they're doing a pretty bad job of that with me personally. And frankly I don't think it's unfair of me to say they're not doing a good job generating a positive buzz with the comic book fan base in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    .....I thought most people didn't really like Days of Future past? I know I didn't. Quicksilver was that movies only saving grace in my opinion.
    it has a 92% rating from both critics and audiences according to rotten tomatoe.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Nope, you're wrong. Sorry.

Astonishing Member

Maybe Fox just understands X-Men better then it does FF. Fox didn't do any of this silly stuff with Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    Nope, you're wrong. Sorry.
    Well it was the best of Fox's X-men efforts, but still compared to Marvel's efforts, doesn't come close...sorry Fox makes comic book movies that have their own feel to it and not a good adaptation...Marvel makes movies that appeal to all and at the same time makes one feel like they are in the Marvel Universe...at least that is how the films have been so far...Marvel may make some changes but it still feels like the comics...I've never once said that I feel like its the comics come to life with ANY of Fox's movies...and there is enough evidence shown thus far from Fox for me to say NO to this latest abomination coming out next year...You ruined this franchise, not once, not twice but three times...no more chances...Marvel, take it back! And unlike the rest of the properties they've gotten back and haven't used, F4 has real merit....Doom (Marvel's and comicdom's ultimate villain), Galactus, the Surfer, Annihilus, Negative Zone, Latveria, etc would all be used...