Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast

I'm almost convinced that Fox is destroying the the FF franchise on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Very wise of you...it sure seems that way...$ be damned...they don't care...but the great thing is a F4 doesn't need to happen if it returns to Marvel...introducing these characters in other properties will give us a PROPER intro and then culminate in one of their movies down the road...besides I would love if the after effects of Thanos defeat with the Gauntlet opens up a portal to the Negative Zone and out comes the 4 to lead us into Phase 4 while Doom is watching all of this unfold on his throne in Castle Doom, Latveria...

BANNED

I think it is more of a case of shouting to the world that this won't be a comic book movie.

BANNED

I know, it's easier & more satisfying to believe that, than them being so clueless & inept on accident.

BANNED

This is good news tho, with this & recent revelations about XMA's repetitive plot direction, those rights could be comin' back home sooner rather than later - just like Spidey's! It's clear now more than ever...

Sorry & Faux studios have no idea what they're doing. They're outmatched & they're efforts pale in comparison to DizMar's. Which should come as no surprise really, since the latter would naturally have a more vested interest in the longterm viability... of their own characters.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 11-13-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Fox: If we can't get a high selling Fantastic Four Movie series in the image that we want than we'll taint it so much that when Marvel gets the rights back they wont even want to touch the Fantastic Four! That'll show Marvel for trying to get the X-Men rights back!

Quote Originally Posted by Hero Worship View Post
    This is good news tho, with this & recent revelations about XMA's repetitive plot direction, those rights could be comin' back home sooner rather than later - just like Spidey's! It's clear now more than ever...

Sorry & Faux studios have no idea what they're doing. They're outmatched & they're efforts pale in comparison to DizMar's. Which should come as no surprise really, since the latter would naturally have a more vested interest in the longterm viability... of their own characters.
    Not to mention that Fox doesn't care OR respect the characters of the X-Men and Fantastic Four franchises. All they want is to squeeze as much money out of those brand names until they aren't worth anything anymore so even if Marvel gets them back they'll be forever tainted by Fox.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 11-13-2014 at 11:25 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i'm sorry but i fail to see the problem in this. FOX paid for the rights to make the FF fair and square. they didn't steal anything from marvel comics. FOX has given us two enjoyable FF films already, and aims to do the same with a third.

if you don't personally like it, then that's fine. but there are many who do.

and let's be realistic here - FOX having the crown jewels of marvel's catalogue have forced marvel to take chances on their unwanted properties. do you really think we'd be enjoying a well-made guardians of the galaxy film if marvel had access to the fantastic four?
    Well you sure have seen the light apparently. Earlier you posted how you thought Marvel had a sure thing with all the stuff they were left with when Marvel Studios were launched.

I wouldn't call them enjoyable. I'd rate them and about C on the grade level, only because I think the actors put more work in the project than what was given in the script. Marco Polo anyone?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-22-2014 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    They can't constantly reboot the same franchise over and over again in a such short period of time, hoping third times the charm. The returns will dimish not increase, if Fox keeps doing this, until the FF brand becomes toxic and will have sit on the shelf for 20 years. The Dredd reboot didn't completely escape the shadow of the 1995 and under performed and that was a good movie.
    I agree. Even a makeover of the Hulk really didn't put it in blockbuster status. After a while movie goers will think "What, this again???" I may not live so long to see a proper Doom in a really good FF movie!
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-14-2014 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero Worship View Post

How do you figure the rights come back sooner? They aren't required to make a good or successful movie, just a movie, in order to retain the rights for a period of time. The only way the rights come back earlier than that is if they voluntarily cut a deal to give or sell them back.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    How do you figure the rights come back sooner? They aren't required to make a good or successful movie, just a movie, in order to retain the rights for a period of time. The only way the rights come back earlier than that is if they voluntarily cut a deal to give or sell them back.
    The rights should revert back to Marvel if the movie gets less than 90% on Metacritic

And we did see that happen with Daredevil. Supposedly Sub-Mariner is coming back to Marvel but even Feige wasn't sure about his status. Something is going on with Sony because of the recent rumors of sharing the character with Marvel Studios. It wasn't that long ago with Sony studios needed a financing boost and it was rumored they were thinking of selling Spider-Man's rights. Fox is not going to do that unless they get into dire financial straits or simply aren't interested in continuing with the franchise. Fans have been speculating that they could bring Claremont's Fantastic Four vs the X-men to the screen as a crossover at some point if they are going to follow Marvel's lead of a shared movie universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    I can't believe Dr. Doom is gonna be treated like this for his cinematic run. It's kind of funny cause it should be the easiest thing to hit out the park.
    Exactly!

Doctor Doom is a character that in this current day and age, would be more relevant to audiences than ever. He would not be too difficult to do right. Which is why I find it incredibly naive and ignorant to change him into something so ridiculous for no real reason. The whole thing is so surreal.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    The rights should revert back to Marvel if the movie gets less than 90% on Metacritic
    I'll bet you a million dollars that's not how the contract reads.

BANNED

I'll bet you a million dollars that's not how the contract reads.
    I think that was a joke suggestion.

Anyway. I wish I hadn't heard about this. Mainly so I'd see the movie unspoiled, judg it on its own accord rather than having months to squint at the idea of Doom as a blogger. It's gonna have to be a doozy of a trailer.

except FOX is the only one investing in FF material... funny that.