Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    They already tried 2 FF movies and they didn't do well, so might as well make it GRITTY and REALISTIC! That's what people like today, right?
    Yea, I get their thought process and I know the public might not respond well to a light-hearted F4 film.

But I would pay good money to see a F4 movie that could perfectly capture the wondrous spirit of what the title has always been about: family, love, exploration, adventure. Not "Urgh! Life is hard so I'll fight bad guys and save the day in the next 100 minutes urgh!" :/

BANNED

This movie is gonna suck. Big time. I can feel it. Fox just needs to give the FF film rights back to Marvel. At least then we'd get faithful adaptations of Dr. Doom, the Fantastic 4, Galactus and the Silver Surfer.

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    Yea, I get their thought process and I know the public might not respond well to a light-hearted F4 film.

But I would pay good money to see a F4 movie that could perfectly capture the wondrous spirit of what the title has always been about: family, love, exploration, adventure. Not "Urgh! Life is hard so I'll fight bad guys and save the day in the next 100 minutes urgh!" :/
    Actually, the MCU and Disney films like Frozen show that light hearted films do sell. People just fell into a grim and gritty phase the last decade taht THANKFULLY is ending.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I'm not sure why people think Fox is going to give Marvel the rights back. They purchased the rights, and they're theirs to sell. If this movie flops, then we might see Fox make an offer to sell them back.

They already tried 2 FF movies and they didn't do well, so might as well make it GRITTY and REALISTIC! That's what people like today, right?
    yup..look at the rave reviews man of steel got

Mighty Member

People just fell into a grim and gritty phase the last decade taht THANKFULLY is ending.
    Tell that to Warner Brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    I'm not sure why people think Fox is going to give Marvel the rights back. They purchased the rights, and they're theirs to sell. If this movie flops, then we might see Fox make an offer to sell them back.
    And Marvel Studios would be crazy to buy them. They've got enough on their plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Tell that to Warner Brothers.
    Guardians of the Galaxy beat Man of Steel.

Or the Avengers, for that matter. That movie was plenty light-hearted.

Actually, all the Marvel Studios movies have healthy doses of humour in them.

Mighty Member

That's my point. WB didn't seem to get the memo.

Quote Originally Posted by King's_Gambit View Post
    Or the Avengers, for that matter. That movie was plenty light-hearted.

Actually, all the Marvel Studios movies have healthy doses of humour in them.
    Marvel says the secret ingredient to their films is the humor. I think it's smart because kids are really getting caught up with the films. But once Marvel takes that dark steps, it's gonna lose people.

DC though, jesus, Superman is optimistic, not Batman!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Wait....isn't this part of the green screen tech right? He really isn't going to be wearing that in the film is he?
    Doesn't look like green screen tech, but I don't know.

Remember, the FF filming took about 1 1/2 months, and seeing how there were no outdoor pictures from people seeing the set, it was probably all green screened.

To give you an idea, Ant-Man started filming in August and is still filming.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

yeah...done with this one. I fully expect this movie to fail so miserably that Marvel will end up with the rights within a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    yeah...done with this one. I fully expect this movie to fail so miserably that Marvel will end up with the rights within a few years.
    FOX is already pushing for a sequel date. And keep in mind, the general public doesn't always know what's MCU and not.

The only option for it to go back to Marvel is if they buy it back, and they won't do that.