Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Remember, the FF filming took about 1 1/2 months, and seeing how there were no outdoor pictures from people seeing the set, it was probably all green screened.

To give you an idea, Ant-Man started filming in August and is still filming.
    I think there was something about there being found footage elements as well?

Yeah, I can't take this anymore. This movie will not do well.

Also--- Your signature makes me sad Don't lose hope.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    I'm not sure why people think Fox is going to give Marvel the rights back. They purchased the rights, and they're theirs to sell. If this movie flops, then we might see Fox make an offer to sell them back.
    Incorrect.
    FOX only has the movie rights. Rights are not ownership. Those movie rights expire if a time comes when FOX has NO Fantastic Four movie in development. Once expired, the rights revert back to Marvel/Disney, who own the property. This is why FOX seems to perpetually have plans to make FF movies, and likely why this nonsense got green-lit (FOX's more traditional take on the characters wasn't well received).
    Once the film flops, and FOX, who has overcommited to this garbage, is forced to scrap plans to produce sequels, then the rights will revert back to Disney. Unless by some miracle, FOX manages to announce yet another FF idea immediately after the film bombs and begins development on that.
    This is why Marvel is cancelling the comic series and doing nothing to promote. Not just because the movie is unfaithful and bad, and they want to distance themselves from it, but because they want to get the movie rights BACK.

As an aside, it feels so good to hear so many others share my feelings toward this film. I've been planning to boycott for some time myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The only option for it to go back to Marvel is if they buy it back, and they won't do that.
    Hey, if we get more obscure films like Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Inhumans, I'm all for it!

Let's be honest, if Marvel Studios had FF, Spider-Man and X-Men back, they would have just used them over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    I think there was something about there being found footage elements as well?

Yeah, I can't take this anymore. This movie will not do well.

Also--- Your signature makes me sad Don't lose hope.
    Eh, at this point, I don't even know what to expect these days...

BANNED

I actually think this movie is going to be good. I like that it's breaking free of the traditional comic book-movie mold.

Hey, if we get more obscure films like Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Inhumans, I'm all for it!

Let's be honest, if Marvel Studios had FF, Spider-Man and X-Men back, they would have just used them over and over again.
    That's true, but right now the F4 need to be back at Marvel. Hopefully some deal can be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I actually think this movie is going to be good. I like that it's breaking free of the traditional comic book-movie mold.
    Thing is, everything about production screams rushed. I can understand a different adaptation, but the filming being all on a green screen set for a very short time and the way the actors didn't even know what was going on when they signed up just scream rushed.

I don't see this film working out well.

BANNED

Thing is, everything about production screams rushed. I can understand a different adaptation, but the filming being all on a green screen set for a very short time and the way the actors didn't even know what was going on when they signed up just scream rushed.

I don't see this film working out well.
    The film is entirely done on green screen? I find that hard to believe.

The film is entirely done on green screen? I find that hard to believe.
    Well, for one thing, there have been no pictures of the set. Normally whenever a movie films, you at least catch a glimpse cause they film outside and some pedestrians take shots. Almost all the MCU films have gotten captured footage. FF though? None except for shots of Dr. Doom in a giant green space. Those are the only shots we have to go on, and seeing how film production was so fast, they probably didn't bother with sets, so yeah, probably all green screen. Especially if it's a Found Footage film.

BANNED

Well, for one thing, there have been no pictures of the set. Normally whenever a movie films, you at least catch a glimpse cause they film outside and some pedestrians take shots. Almost all the MCU films have gotten captured footage. FF though? None except for shots of Dr. Doom in a giant green space. Those are the only shots we have to go on, and seeing how film production was so fast, they probably didn't bother with sets, so yeah, probably all green screen. Especially if it's a Found Footage film.
    There's a photo of Johnny Storm and Reed Richards grabbing some coffee. That's it.

BANNED

Eh, I highly doubt it's gonna be all green screen, but we'll see.

BANNED

I can't believe this. I can't believe they gonna try some **** like this. Damn. Should of just left him out, introduced Valeria Von Doom as his daughter/heir, and have her be the villain of this. Doom not in Castle Doom or Latveria again? It's even worse than the business man charade they ran in the first two movies. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    I can't believe this. I can't believe they gonna try some **** like this. Damn. Should of just left him out, introduced Valeria Von Doom as his daughter/heir, and have her be the villain of this. Doom not in Castle Doom or Latveria again? It's even worse than the business man charade they ran in the first two movies. Yikes.
    What do you think this is? A comic book movie?

BANNED

That doesn't forgive the producers and director telling the actors they don't have to read comic books to familiarize themselves with their characters. At this point it's not even a Fantastic Four movie at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    That doesn't forgive the director telling the actors they don't have to read comic books to familiarize themselves with their characters. At this point it's not even a Fantastic Four movie at all.
    Don't forget no costumes and their powers being referred to as disabilities. For Thing's case, I get that, but still.