Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    This is the same studio that gave us the first Fantastic Four films, Elektra, and Wolverine: Origins. It can easily, EASILY be worse.
    I don't know, it doesn't sound like any super-hero film we've ever seen, so at the very least, it will be unique! That's not something a lot (a whole lot) of comicbook movies can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I don't really get criticisms like this. Isn't being a good movie of more importance than being a comic book movie?
    a good movie is more important but what i don't like is this diet coke version of dr doom.
    a programmer? doom as his internet username, seriously?

i doubt a lot of people would be optimistic if they made steve rogers corporal america right?
    which is how most of us here are feeling rn

I don't know, it doesn't sound like any super-hero film we've ever seen, so at the very least, it will be unique! That's not something a lot (a whole lot) of comicbook movies can say.
    I can understand the idea of it being unique, but there's lots of red flags.

1) How come they haven't released any official shots from the film?
    2) How come they avoided SDCC or any other news outlet?

I'm just saying, a lot of this secrecy is very concerning. Hell, I'm even concerned about Ant-Man as it's still filming and has a Summer release. But I am not gonna kid myself with false hope.

BANNED

The Ant-Man ship was sunk once Edgar Wright left.

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    Me likey the change. Thank goodness he isn't the ruler of some east-european Oktoberfest country anymore.
    Ditto, that stuff maaaybe worked in the 60s, but not anymore.

Not saying this movie will be any good, but it has my interest at least until the trailers arrive.

BANNED

I don't really get criticisms like this. Isn't being a good movie of more importance than being a comic book movie?
    Adaptations are different. Fans of the source material will always want to see their favorite characters portrayed on the big screen, and if it's not like how they remember it then they get disappointed. The Fantastic Four is such an important team, Marvel's longest running team and one of the longest running teams in comic history. There's nothing super complex about them, their backstory is simple, the basic idea is simple. It shouldn't be hard to make a good movie out of them. It is so unfair that Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine, GOTG and others can get all these fantastic movies and the Fantastic Four can't, and when they do it has crap like this. Fans want to see their beloved characters on screen done right! It's not that hard.

The Ant-Man ship was sunk once Edgar Wright left.
    I'm still in denial. I mean, I was looking forward to that the most...and then he just left. I'm morbidly curious, but I'm really just disappointed now.

Yeah, that's exactly my point. A movie is a good movie is a good movie. I never ignored the importance of that quality.

I'm a fan of Trank, loved Chronicle, and the five main actors for the upcoming Fantastic 4 film all have outstanding talent and I enjoy watching them whenever they perform. However, as an adaptation of another medium, there will be other factors involved when deciding if the film successfully reached its goal-- and, hopefully, that goal was to bring the Fantastic 4 to life. Now, since the movie is far from being released, I'm not yet saying it has failed to reach that goal, but from the news we have been hearing so far, it's looking slim.

So, yes, you are right in your assessment. Which is exactly why I divided it into "movie" and "comic book movie." The movie can be amazing, 10/10, oscar-award winning and still be drastically unfaithful to the comics. I could love the movie, but when I ask myself "Is this the Fantastic 4?" and say no, there's nothing wrong with that.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

I get the feeling that Trank really wants to do Chronicle 2 instead though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I get the feeling that Trank really wants to do Chronicle 2 instead though.
    I'm sure they'll let him once this movie is done. Chronicle was a hit.

BANNED

Lol, this sounds terrible. Take a Franchise and Destory it utterly and salt the Earth so nothing else can grow.

I'll be the honest, the only good thing I see coming out of this movie is it bombing so hard that Fox sells the franchise back on the cheap.

Ultimate Member

I'm excited for it! It can't be worse than Thor, Thor 2, or Iron Man 3!
    Thor was a good movie, much better than most of the Fox movies (inclusive of X-men and X-men 3).

Iron Man 3 was great though. Thor 2 was mediocre.

So, these movies can be much, much worse.

These movies should revert back to Marvel. After GoTG, Avengers, Cap 2 and Iron Man, it's obvious that Marvel's superhero movies are far better than what's coming out from other studios (with the exception of Nolan's first two movies).
    Last edited by Username taken; 11-11-2014 at 12:11 AM.

BANNED

I'm excited for it! It can't be worse than Thor, Thor 2, or Iron Man 3!

That's YOUR opinion. Thor was GREAT! Thor 2 was good as long as you delete the humans which would've automatically fixed the lackluster ending. IM3......I have no defense for.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Lol, this sounds terrible. Take a Franchise and Destory it utterly and salt the Earth so nothing else can grow.
    This.

It's as if Fox want to scorch the Earth with this approach.