Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I feel bad, because I like the director's previous work, and I like all of the actors involved (especially Jordan, Cathey and Mara). But damn. This sounds like a nightmare. There's only so much you can change about a property and still have it be that property.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    I feel bad, because I like the director's previous work, and I like all of the actors involved (especially Jordan, Cathey and Mara). But damn. This sounds like a nightmare. There's only so much you can change about a property and still have it be that property.
    I just hope that the folks involved careers recover from this when its all over

BANNED

This honestly make me look forward to Incredibles 2 even more. I cant wait till the real FF movie returns with a sequel

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    He doesn't deserve sympathy. I'm convinced that this is all an elaborate trick on his part to get the funding needed for the production of his own big budget superhero flick that he wouldn't have gotten otherwise. I'm struggling to see another reason for the DRASTIC changes to the property that have been made.

Frankly, I think that's a lot more believable than FOX intentionally torpedoing their own property, as has been suggested. If anything, the last couple of X-films have shown that FOX actually is interested in respecting the comics to a decent extent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King's_Gambit View Post
    He doesn't deserve sympathy. I'm convinced that this is all an elaborate trick on his part to get the funding needed for the production of his own big budget superhero flick that he wouldn't have gotten otherwise. I'm struggling to see another reason for the DRASTIC changes to the property that have been made.

Frankly, I think that's a lot more believable than FOX intentionally torpedoing their own property, as has been suggested. If anything, the last couple of X-films have shown that FOX actually is interested in respecting the comics to a decent extent.
    I still say Jordan deserves better than this though.

But yeah it's interesting that Fox's other project is more faithful to the comics than this

...Wow this sounds like it's gonna blow. Please fox, just stop, give FF back to marvel so they can give one of their greatest villains his proper due. I'd ask for the X-Men back back too but know that's not happening anytime soon.

All-New Member

This is why Marvel cancelled the comic book. After this movie it's gonna be like Godzilla 1998 all over again. Except it'll bomb harder...like Dragon Ball Evolution hard.

I mean...this is just...I can't even....seriously I just...I don't...myhead hurts.

Looking forward to the inevitable Rifftrax of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I still say Jordan deserves better than this though.

But yeah it's interesting that Fox's other project is more faithful to the comics than this
    Yeah. But I'd also include Mara, after House of Cards, or Kebbell, after Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, and don't wish bad for the others, but apart from Tim Blake Nelson, the Mole Man, after what happened with the Leader, so far, then hopefully things go okay.

See Marvel, you didn't need to help them sabotage the movie

Extraordinary Member

I swear to Kirby. It is a conspiracy to the rights back to Marvel.......

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    See Marvel, you didn't need to help them sabotage the movie

Millar is their consultant....

It is a conspiracy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Yeah. But I'd also include Mara, after House of Cards, or Kebbell, after Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, and don't wish bad for the others, but apart from Tim Blake Nelson, the Mole Man, after what happened with the Leader, so far, then hopefully things go okay.
    Which is why I mentioned I hope Jordan and the other actors careers remain afloat when this is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Which is why I mentioned I hope Jordan and the other actors careers remain afloat when this is over.
    Indeed. Whatever happens, hopefully things do indeed work out for all involved, especially the Fantastic Four.

Fantastic Member

I get the name change. When I saw the first Fantastic Four movie I just burst out laughing at Victor VON DOOM. They'd essentially named him Evil McKicksPuppies. It really set the tone for the rest of the film for me (which I did like as it had a hokey kind of charm to it. It's what got me into reading Marvel's comics and eventually DC's stuff as well).

But nobles do still exist, even today. And they go to universities overseas. My wife went to a university with an actual lord only 8 years ago. Why did they have to change that and instead make him a "geek"? Why couldn't they do both?

This is really starting to look like a train wreck with the apparent blase attitude they're taking towards canon. Things change. We all get it. But the change they're making seem nonsensical and without purpose.
    Currently Reading
    Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers, Avenging Spider-Man, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, FF, Journey Into Mystery, New Avengers, New Mutants, Scarlet Spider, Venom, Wolverine, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Ultimate Comics Ultimates, Ultimate Comics X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, X-Men