Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Kebbell Talks Major Changes to Doctor Doom in "Fantastic Four" Reboot

In a new interview, actor Toby Kebbell says the Doctor Doom he plays in "Fantastic Four" is a programmer and blogger named "Victor Domashev."

Full article here.

BANNED

Now this. This is more like it. About damn time they're reaching entertaining trainwreck levels with this movie.

Lol so lame. Can't wait for this to bomb and Marvel get the rights back.

BANNED

You know, with the success of the X-Films, I'm banking that even Fox has given up on FF at this point.

Please stop, I can't take anymore!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    Please stop, I can't take anymore!
    I'm starting to be more convinced that these people are just trolling.

Amazing Member

This is looking more and more like a disaster, which would be great because I'd love for the Fantastic Four to be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I think Fox is just holding onto it out of spite at this point.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Somehow this is actually worse than Alan Moore making Radioactive Man a heroin addicted jazz critic who's not radioactive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Steele View Post
    This is looking more and more like a disaster, which would be great because I'd love for the Fantastic Four to be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I think Fox is just holding onto it out of spite at this point.
    Which would be dumb on their part. As they already got a cash cow on their hands with the X-Films.

Ah, I know it SOUNDS fairly different, but could just be Victor von Doom, but under another name, another start, all that.

Still end up a similar flavour, or about the same. Name reminds me of changing it from Victor von Doom in Ultimate Fantastic Four to Victon van Damme, or something alone those lines.

So, could be like that, but, still Doctor Doom at the end of the day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Somehow this is actually worse than Alan Moore making Radioactive Man a heroin addicted jazz critic who's not radioactive.
    I'll dare say it. It's making the other FF film look good. You know the one with Jessica Alba. Hell this is making me want to watch that.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Which would be dumb on their part. As they already got a cash cow on their hands with the X-Films.
    And Wolverine films, possibly an X-Force and Gambit film, Deadpool, all that. Whole universe, multiple franchises, right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I'll dare say it. It's making the other FF film look good. You know the one with Jessica Alba. Hell this is making me want to watch that.
    Ah, that wasn't THAT bad. Wasn't the best, or the ideal, but was something.

And, sure, always the 1994 Roger Corman film to look at, somehow, though unreleased, and say 'Could be a LOT worse'.

I'm never really one to rage about things, but this....this.....I really feel the need to just all-out nerd rage.

I think I'm going to have to step away from my computer for a while.

This....this is just freaking appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Ah, I know it SOUNDS fairly different, but could just be Victor von Doom, but under another name, another start, all that.

Still end up a similar flavour, or about the same. Name reminds me of changing it from Victor von Doom in Ultimate Fantastic Four to Victon van Damme, or something alone those lines.

So, could be like that, but, still Doctor Doom at the end of the day.
    Except Domashev doesn't sound remotely like von Doom.

And, at this point, I can't see how "anti-social, millenial hacker with 'Doom' as his screen-name" is anything close to a similar "flavour."

If it wasn't clear before, it should be clear now that Josh Trank has no interest in doing a Fantastic Four movie. He's basically his own superhero movie with vaguely similar concepts and similar character names to the Fantastic Four. Possibly as a means of getting funding for the big budget, thematic sequel/next-step to Chronicle which he wouldn't be able to get otherwise.

Okay, okay, stepping away from the computer now.....
    Last edited by King's_Gambit; 11-10-2014 at 08:32 PM.

Okay even I'm losing optimism at this point.